avelanch

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 34,562 posts

Posted 04 October 2012 - 06:34 AM

Rockford 0 0 1 -- 1
Chicago 4 1 1 -- 6

First Period---1, Chicago, Sterling 1 (Mullen), 6:33 pp; 2, Chicago, Anthony 1 (Longpre, Desbiens), 7:01; 3, Chicago, Archibald 1 (Pinizzotto, Polasek), 7:45 pp; 4, Chicago, Mullen 1 (Joslin, Sterling), 11:56. Penalties---Youds, Rockford (holding), 5:25; Kassian, Chicago (boarding), 8:03; DeSousa, Rockford (roughing), 10:06; Saad, Rockford (tripping), 11:00; Stanton, Rockford (tripping), 12:38.

Second Period---5, Chicago, Gordon 1 (Mullen, Joslin), 7:18. Penalties---DeSousa, Rockford (fighting), 3:28; Desbiens, Chicago (fighting), 3:38; Desbiens, Chicago (roughing), 10:22; Desbiens, Chicago (boarding), 13:57.

Third Period---6, Rockford, Beach 1 (Paradis), 1:31; 7, Chicago, Sauve 1 (Tanev, Schroeder), 7:53. Penalties---Clendening, Rockford (interference), 13:58.

#92 avelanch

avelanch

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 34,562 posts

Posted 04 October 2012 - 07:08 AM

great pics from last night http://chrisjerina.smugmug.com/Hockey/AHL-2012-13/2012-October-3-Rockford-at/25737821_W4pFJn#!i=2128250089&k=XjLcQn4

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

I REALLY hope those ice hogs jerseys are just practice jerseys, because they look like ass.

#93 zombieksa

zombieksa

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,273 posts

Posted 04 October 2012 - 08:06 AM

lmao at Lack making the ref laugh. I hearbye rescind all proposals I included him in, he is one Of a kind.
"All religion, my friend, is simply evolved out of fraud, fear, greed, imagination, and poetry."
-Edgar Allen Poe

#94 Squeak

Squeak

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,477 posts

Posted 04 October 2012 - 11:29 AM

I REALLY hope those ice hogs jerseys are just practice jerseys, because they look like ass.

Those are just practice jerseys.
Posted Image

#95 Joel Heyman

Joel Heyman

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,674 posts

Posted 04 October 2012 - 11:57 AM

Is Archie wearing number 6?

i44w87.jpgryanroyazzopardi+rolled+a+random+image+p
Blue Team

#96 avelanch

avelanch

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 34,562 posts

Posted 04 October 2012 - 12:03 PM

Is Archie wearing number 6?

yup.

#97 Ossi Vaananen

Ossi Vaananen

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,960 posts

Posted 04 October 2012 - 01:04 PM

I'm disappointed to see Kass wear a visor. He should be gooning it up in the A.

2d7ye0p.jpg

Credit to -Vintage Canuck-

#98 Dasein

Dasein

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,923 posts

Posted 04 October 2012 - 01:11 PM

You disappoint me as a fan. Kassian should be scoring goals and making plays in the A and up in the big leagues.

Athletes today are scared to make Muhammad Ali Statements.

#99 Ossi Vaananen

Ossi Vaananen

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,960 posts

Posted 04 October 2012 - 01:18 PM

You disappoint me as a fan. Kassian should be scoring goals and making plays in the A and up in the big leagues.

That's cute. you want attention.

Anyways, just learned that Gordon's contract is actually a one way this year. I wonder if Gillis knew that before trading for him at the deadline. He'll be making 550,000 at the AHL level, that's a tough pill to swallow. Maybe Gillis saw him as a potential 4th liner.

Source: http://www.capgeek.com/player/882

2d7ye0p.jpg

#100 Opmac

Opmac

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,526 posts

Posted 04 October 2012 - 01:20 PM

POPULAR

All players are required to wear visors in the AHL.

Posted Image

#101 Dasein

Dasein

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,923 posts

Posted 04 October 2012 - 01:22 PM

Anyways, just learned that Gordon's contract is actually a one way this year. I wonder if Gillis knew that before trading for him at the deadline. He'll be making 550,000 at the AHL level, that's a tough pill to swallow. Maybe Gillis saw him as a potential 4th liner.

Lunch is over, get back to class kid.

Athletes today are scared to make Muhammad Ali Statements.

#102 Ossi Vaananen

Ossi Vaananen

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,960 posts

Posted 04 October 2012 - 01:25 PM

Lunch is over, get back to class kid.

I'm being called a kid now.. lmao. Focus on the substance of the thread, that seems to be difficult for your kind.

2d7ye0p.jpg

#103 avelanch

avelanch

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 34,562 posts

Posted 04 October 2012 - 01:26 PM

did you happen to see the pic of the icehogs bench? notice anyone not wearing a visor? No? hmmmm... i wonder why that is...

All players are required to wear visors in the AHL.

there it is.

Edited by avelanch, 04 October 2012 - 01:27 PM.

#104 thad

thad

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,246 posts

Posted 04 October 2012 - 01:27 PM

when gillis traded for him he said it was just for the wolves.. i think the wolves specifically asked if he could get them gordon actually

#105 Ossi Vaananen

Ossi Vaananen

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,960 posts

Posted 04 October 2012 - 01:39 PM

when gillis traded for him he said it was just for the wolves.. i think the wolves specifically asked if he could get them gordon actually

Thanks for the update and staying on topic. Gordon does seem like a serviceable NHLer, if only for the split time with Anaheim last year.

2d7ye0p.jpg

#106 canucklehead44

canucklehead44

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 7,475 posts

Posted 04 October 2012 - 04:30 PM

He is linked to the Pahlsson deal.

Columbus wouldn't pull the trigger on the Pahlsson deal unless Longpre was included (wtf, I know). Longpre was wolves property and they weren't willing to part with him unless the Canucks picked up Andrew Gordon. So the Canucks traded Erixon to get Gordon which then freed up Longpre to be moved to Columbus. Probably the most confusing trade in history for a 3rd/4th line rental player.
Sig too big.

#107 DeNiro

DeNiro

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 23,365 posts

Posted 04 October 2012 - 04:39 PM

yup.

Is Connauton switching numbers then? Or did he just let Archie take his # for one game.

Edited by DeNiro, 04 October 2012 - 04:39 PM.

Posted Image

"Dream until the dream come true"

#108 Opmac

Opmac

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 10,526 posts

Posted 04 October 2012 - 06:44 PM

Columbus wouldn't pull the trigger on the Pahlsson deal unless Longpre was included (wtf, I know). Longpre was wolves property and they weren't willing to part with him unless the Canucks picked up Andrew Gordon. So the Canucks traded Erixon to get Gordon which then freed up Longpre to be moved to Columbus. Probably the most confusing trade in history for a 3rd/4th line rental player.

Here's the video (3:25):

Posted Image

#109 Psycho_Path

Psycho_Path

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,760 posts

Posted 04 October 2012 - 08:18 PM

Well with the Vet rule coming to light, this is what I'd change my initial lineup I made on page 1 to.

Haydar Schroder Kassian
Rodin Ebbett Pinizzotto
Sweatt Mallet Gordon
Archibald Friesen Desbiens
extra: Sterling/Longpre

Mullen Tanev
Connauton Sauve
Polasek Joslin
extra: Andersson/Negrin

Lack
Cannata
Posted Image

#110 Canvoucer Vanuck

Canvoucer Vanuck

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,625 posts

Posted 04 October 2012 - 08:50 PM

oh i found it:
veteran players of the AHL, with 2 way contract, are going to have the right to play for their farm team.
They won't have to be put on re-entry waivers if they are call back 3 days before the start of the season.
http://www.lighthous...rt-sound-tigers

so anyone with a 2 way with the nucks can play without being subject to the veteran rule

Good fine avelanch, plus the photos too - you're on a roll! :frantic:

So glad this provision is there for the lockout. Would suck so very much to only dress 1 of the 2 every night as they're proven AHL scorers.

That is one crazy trade. :lol:

Glad we did get Longpre back though.
RIP LB28, RR37 and PD38... Forever a Canuck

#111 Opmac

Opmac

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 10,526 posts

Posted 04 October 2012 - 09:06 PM

That is one crazy trade. :lol:

Glad we did get Longpre back though.

He's back in Chicago on a standard American Hockey League contract.

Posted Image

#112 Canvoucer Vanuck

Canvoucer Vanuck

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,625 posts

Posted 04 October 2012 - 09:11 PM

He's back in Chicago on a standard American Hockey League contract.

I thought he did alright with the Wolves last year, for an AHL rookie. Was kinda disappointed we had to trade him away too in order to get Pahlsson, as the Canucks could sign him if he does well.
RIP LB28, RR37 and PD38... Forever a Canuck

#113 avelanch

avelanch

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 34,562 posts

Posted 04 October 2012 - 09:19 PM

Is Connauton switching numbers then? Or did he just let Archie take his # for one game.

probably just a preseason thing.

#114 Drop Em

Drop Em

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 296 posts

Posted 05 October 2012 - 12:27 AM

did you happen to see the pic of the icehogs bench? notice anyone not wearing a visor? No? hmmmm... i wonder why that is...

there it is.

Perfect posts. You know that if Big Mac and other legit proven tough guys are wearing visors in the A, that it's a pretty good indication that it's a madatory piece of equipment........... but apparently not everyone knows.

#115 Ossi Vaananen

Ossi Vaananen

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,960 posts

Posted 05 October 2012 - 12:56 AM

Perfect posts. You know that if Big Mac and other legit proven tough guys are wearing visors in the A, that it's a pretty good indication that it's a madatory piece of equipment........... but apparently not everyone knows.

lmao, you kids are still on the semantics. It's a pretty good indication of intelligence when you can't contribute something new to a thread. The children already freaked out, you missed your chance to correct me on something very minor.

2d7ye0p.jpg

#116 wshdrvvn

wshdrvvn

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,392 posts

Posted 05 October 2012 - 01:27 AM

how did longpre end up back in chicago?

#117 Newsflash

Newsflash

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,331 posts

Posted 05 October 2012 - 02:05 AM

lmao, you kids are still on the semantics. It's a pretty good indication of intelligence when you can't contribute something new to a thread. The children already freaked out, you missed your chance to correct me on something very minor.

Wtf?

You said something that was ridiculously stupid. You were called out on it. Instead of admitting you were wrong, you started calling people kids.

The only one freaking out here is you.

You owe these "kids" an apology for making an incorrect statement, and insulting people for correcting you.

Buddy I called this EXACT situtation on here two years ago and was flamed, so I guess I have a bit of hockey knowledge, not to mention the 4 years I played in the OHL idiot.

The conspiracy theories that used to be against Lateralus:
Puberty, life, movie theaters, movie theaters that frown upon you pulling it out, movie theaters that frown upon you pulling it out during a children's movie, Toy Story 3, Pixar, who ever decided to make Woody so damn attractive, a job, his mothers basement, being 40, being 40 five years ago, dogs who can out run him, all dogs, the Olympic committee, Truth, Fact, Honesty, Logic, Newsflash, a father figure who was there to see him learn to ride his first bike, bikes,

#118 Ossi Vaananen

Ossi Vaananen

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,960 posts

Posted 05 October 2012 - 02:15 AM

Wtf?

You said something that was ridiculously stupid. You were called out on it. Instead of admitting you were wrong, you started calling people kids.

The only one freaking out here is you.

You owe these "kids" an apology for making an incorrect statement, and insulting people for correcting you.

What I did initially was blow them off, which is what should be done when minor semantics start taking over a thread. This is a common theme on CDC that should be stopped. I do not owe them an apology for hijacking a thread in which they have yet to add something substantive with the exclusion of avelanch.

I moved on as soon as the comment was said, and since had my question answered about Gordon (same response) which led to a minor discussion on Longpre's history - this is supporting discussion within the thread.

Moving on once again:

theshaves Wolves practices over 4 today. 2 separate groups skated 1st group will play against Peoria tomorrow. 2nd group played last night vs IceHogs

Second group should include guys like Sweatt and Connauton which have yet to see preseason action. Mallet will also be within this group, I've heard good things. Goalies should be Corbeil/Cannata, good battle going on there.

2d7ye0p.jpg

#119 kesler'sselke

kesler'sselke

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 203 posts

Posted 05 October 2012 - 07:44 AM

so just to let everyone know Sportsnet is broadcasting AHL game. Wolves opener will be showed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#120 Standing_Tall#37

Standing_Tall#37

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,030 posts

Posted 05 October 2012 - 07:53 AM

so just to let everyone know Sportsnet is broadcasting AHL game. Wolves opener will be showed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What's the date and time of it?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.