The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

The Newer Newer Official WWE/TNA thread.

marleau_12

I don't get why people are complaining about Triple H taking up most of the air time?

During the attitude era, Vince was pretty much in every segment.

Vince was arguable the greatest heel of all time, in a program with arguably the most popular star of all time. Plus the focus was on Stone Cold over coming Vince.

In this storyline, they are just having HHH get someone to beat down Bryan every week. Its even starting to seem like Big Show is becoming more a focus than Bryan TBH.

i have no problem with triple h taking up air time, since he's the focal point with the corporation thing, but to come out on almost every single segment is just overkill. maybe on the opening and main event with a backstage segment or 2 is fine, but the amouhnt of triple h we got on tonight's show was overkill

Nah you guys, you know what they should do.

Cause HHH is basically the mouth piece, and he's not needed. (atleast not needed as often as he has been used on TV)

What they should do, is have Sandow cash in, win the WHC title, then put him with the corporation as the mouthpiece with Orton, that would even elevate the WHC title a bit IMO from a glorified midcard title, to being back on that big important title level.

Then you can even have Big Show turn heel at the PPV (which might be coming either way) then have Orton/Sandow/Big Show, so HHH isn't running everything, and you can have them against Bryan. Then you could put someone like Ziggler on his side to go against Sandow for the title. And it would help elevate Sandow & Ziggler in the end too.

They just need to do something cause right now, its not looking good IMO, they are doing nothing with Sandow, nothing with Rhodes (that feud is done) they are doing nothing with Ziggler, no one cares about the RVD/ADR thing, even the Punk/Heyman thing is losing steam without Lesnar IMO, then you have HHH & the repetitive Bryan beatdowns. And all the crap with the Big Show has been too stretched out.

They are just taking steps back with so many guys right now.

I don't see alot going on to be excited for or anything. Its just looking terrible.

Edited by Smashian Kassian

The Big Show stuff is a bit over the top. His crying and hissy fits are starting to make him look like The Big Baby. It was decent at first, but now it's too much.

Also, I can't believe I'm saying this, but the show is boring without Cena. He's just someone that you love to hate, and I miss that surprisingly.

I'm honestly tired of seeing HHH and his goons. There's no point in watching a match when it's blatantly obvious that one of his henchmen are going to get involved.

Edited by CaNuCkSLoUiE23

Well look at the Bryan/Show backstage segment. Bryan was acting more heelish.

It ended up working out all right, but I don't get why they did that, Big Show was getting the sympathy & they made Bryan be so aggressive and a little heelish. It just made no sense to do that now.

Bryan is kinda like how Austin was. No friends, just laser focused on his goal.

I kinda agree with you on Big Show, but this Corporation thing isn't just Bryan vs Orton. I'd say it's more like Corporation vs the rest of the WWE.

I think they're going to use this as a way to push a few guys. Bryan needs help, even if it's not for his sake. It's just not realistic for one guy alone to overcome all that.

I'm digging the Sandow idea but I can see them wanting to have something else going on with the WHC though, instead of having EVERYTHING involve the Corporation.

You're right about the WHC being pretty much a mid-card title. It's really only shown on Smackdown, and SD doesn't really have a ton of Corporation in it. Just Raw.

I read something online that said that the Bryan-Orton feud is expected to go on until October. That will get stale fast. Also, Orton is expected to keep the title until January.

It's ridiculous that I'm more interested in AJ and the Divas championship more than the WHC. That's proof of how boring Del Rio really is.

Axel has some talent, but he shouldn't even touch a mic. He's awful on the mic.

Yeah I am an Axel fan, but he is terrible on the mic, they should have kept him as a fighting champion rather than stick him with Punk, he's just getting thrown in the deep end before he is ready for it.

Bryan is kinda like how Austin was. No friends, just laser focused on his goal.

I kinda agree with you on Big Show, but this Corporation thing isn't just Bryan vs Orton. I'd say it's more like Corporation vs the rest of the WWE.

I think they're going to use this as a way to push a few guys. Bryan needs help, even if it's not for his sake. It's just not realistic for one guy alone to overcome all that.

I'm digging the Sandow idea but I can see them wanting to have something else going on with the WHC though, instead of having EVERYTHING involve the Corporation.

You're right about the WHC being pretty much a mid-card title. It's really only shown on Smackdown, and SD doesn't really have a ton of Corporation in it. Just Raw.

Yeah but Bryan isn't Austin. You see guys like that in the business right now who can have a shade to grey character & it can work, like Aries, Styles, Punk, exc. But Bryan isn't one of those guys.

Especially because until now he was like the corny babyface guy who was all good. I don't think you can just add heel tendacies to that, if anything the way to build that character is to start them out as heel, then turn them into the guy who is so bad that he's cool. They just need to keep as a pure babyface. But anyways.

The part I highlighted really sticks out, because I think that should be the goal of this storyline, I totally agree thats what they should do, but they aren't doing that.

The focus of it now has been HHH, Big show rebelling, & Bryan getting beat down every week.

That why I bring up Sandow & Ziggler, cause you could build them up, aswell as Bryan with this storyline. But its just in the wrong place.

As for the WHC title, I'm at the point where, they should either do a brand split or just retire it, cause it means nothing & its just crapping on the history of that title, which was for a long time a major deal.

I think in general WWE needs to start building up the belts cause none of them mean anything other than the WWE title, and even that is kinda tainted for the opposite reasons.

Nah you guys, you know what they should do.

Cause HHH is basically the mouth piece, and he's not needed. (atleast not needed as often as he has been used on TV)

What they should do, is have Sandow cash in, win the WHC title, then put him with the corporation as the mouthpiece with Orton, that would even elevate the WHC title a bit IMO from a glorified midcard title, to being back on that big important title level.

Then you can even have Big Show turn heel at the PPV (which might be coming either way) then have Orton/Sandow/Big Show, so HHH isn't running everything, and you can have them against Bryan. Then you could put someone like Ziggler on his side to go against Sandow for the title. And it would help elevate Sandow & Ziggler in the end too.

They just need to do something cause right now, its not looking good IMO, they are doing nothing with Sandow, nothing with Rhodes (that feud is done) they are doing nothing with Ziggler, no one cares about the RVD/ADR thing, even the Punk/Heyman thing is losing steam without Lesnar IMO, then you have HHH & the repetitive Bryan beatdowns. And all the crap with the Big Show has been too stretched out.

They are just taking steps back with so many guys right now.

I don't see alot going on to be excited for or anything. Its just looking terrible.

agree completely. this whole angle still has a lot of potential if it's done right. this show just felt like it was rewritten at the last moment and just turned in to a giant cluster ****

having sandow in there would be great, but you know wwe, if it makes sense, we won't do it.

as for sandow... one thing that frustrates me on wwe's practices, is they feel just because someone has the mitb case, they can just job the guy out or just stick him on the side for a future project. they think "oh he has the brief case. hye'll cash in at some point then we'll work from there." he's not feuding with anyone of any significance. i don't see him cashing at the ppv because they want del rio to retain the title against rvd, with ricardo possibly turning on rvd, like, who cares.

rvd's been pretty good since he came back. he looks to be in pretty good shape, he still does the flips a 40 year old guy normally can't do. not much to complain about rvd. same with christian. those two guys don't get a chance to talk. rvd, i don't recall him being a fantastic promo guy, but he can talk. christian is just great. not too many people are sold on the adr/rvd thing because we all know rvd won't be around much longer so we all know adr goes over.

why, look at the show tonight. i was just... so frustrated on how boring this show was. i normally don't crap all over raw on a normal bases, because raw has been pretty good for the past few months, but tonight was bad. at some point daniel bryan will need to go one up on the corporation to get some momentum back. the whole main event beat downs, you have to be careful with that. 4 shows in a row, daniel bryan was left laying. either on smackdown this week (have to read the spoilers tomorrow to find out) or on raw next week. he needs some momentum back. i was actually angry when zigs got squashed. just an utter waste of time. the crowd felt the same since the "goldberg" chants were in full force at ryback

going on a rant here but this whole angle, i like it, i'd like for them to extend it, but i feel it's not being handled properly. i'm going to remain patient though. the fued is only a few weeks old, but tonight was just a bad night

agree completely. this whole angle still has a lot of potential if it's done right. this show just felt like it was rewritten at the last moment and just turned in to a giant cluster ****

having sandow in there would be great, but you know wwe, if it makes sense, we won't do it.

as for sandow... one thing that frustrates me on wwe's practices, is they feel just because someone has the mitb case, they can just job the guy out or just stick him on the side for a future project. they think "oh he has the brief case. hye'll cash in at some point then we'll work from there." he's not feuding with anyone of any significance. i don't see him cashing at the ppv because they want del rio to retain the title against rvd, with ricardo possibly turning on rvd, like, who cares.

rvd's been pretty good since he came back. he looks to be in pretty good shape, he still does the flips a 40 year old guy normally can't do. not much to complain about rvd. same with christian. those two guys don't get a chance to talk. rvd, i don't recall him being a fantastic promo guy, but he can talk. christian is just great. not too many people are sold on the adr/rvd thing because we all know rvd won't be around much longer so we all know adr goes over.

why, look at the show tonight. i was just... so frustrated on how boring this show was. i normally don't crap all over raw on a normal bases, because raw has been pretty good for the past few months, but tonight was bad. at some point daniel bryan will need to go one up on the corporation to get some momentum back. the whole main event beat downs, you have to be careful with that. 4 shows in a row, daniel bryan was left laying. either on smackdown this week (have to read the spoilers tomorrow to find out) or on raw next week. he needs some momentum back. i was actually angry when zigs got squashed. just an utter waste of time. the crowd felt the same since the "goldberg" chants were in full force at ryback

going on a rant here but this whole angle, i like it, i'd like for them to extend it, but i feel it's not being handled properly. i'm going to remain patient though. the fued is only a few weeks old, but tonight was just a bad night

Yeah I totally agree.

and for people like us, the most frustrating thing is we can see the potential, with no Cena, there is finally opportunity for WWE to give someone else the spotlight, and to build up more stars (cause they are really lacking star power right now, which is another reason HHH is on TV so much)

But they don't do it. They waste Ziggler, Sandow is doing nothing. exc. Like.. Its not hard to figure out where this company should be going, but like you said its WWE & whenever something makes sense, they usually don't do it.

Edited by Smashian Kassian