Welcome to canucks.com Vancouver Canucks homepage

Photo
* * * * - 5 votes

The Newer Newer Official WWE/TNA thread.

• Please log in to reply
8359 replies to this topic

#7351 NoShowWilly

NoShowWilly

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,432 posts

Posted 07 April 2014 - 10:57 PM

thought it would be the Wyatt's with Bryan. Did not see Evolution working together either.

Overall fantastic episode.

Edited by NoShowWilly, 07 April 2014 - 10:59 PM.

#7352 canuckster19

canuckster19

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,552 posts

Posted 07 April 2014 - 11:24 PM

This may have been my favourite Raw of all time. Post Mania Raws are always awesome, but this one was almost perfect. It was like a 3 hour ode to the fans.

And the audience didn't highjack this thing at all. They played on whatever was happening in the ring. And all of what was happening in the ring didn't give them a reason to zone out. They had the perfect reaction to everything, with my favourite being the Wyatt's match, but also how real it was when Brock and Heyman silenced the crowd. Because his words were true.

Bryan, Wyatts, Barrett, Cesaro, The Shield, etc... How could you not love it.

My only negative critique would be the Heyman-Lesnar promo dragged out a bit too long, it seemed as if it was a missed entrance cue and Heyman was delaying.

I did love though how he said that Lesnar can barely tolerate him, lol, #shootpromo #realityera

Posted Image
Trekkie Monster says: GO CANUCKS GO!

Please read the Board Rules

#7353 g_bassi13

g_bassi13

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,531 posts

Posted 08 April 2014 - 01:19 AM

My only negative critique would be the Heyman-Lesnar promo dragged out a bit too long, it seemed as if it was a missed entrance cue and Heyman was delaying.

I did love though how he said that Lesnar can barely tolerate him, lol, #shootpromo #realityera

It maybe did drag for a bit, but if you clocked it, it honestly wasn't very long. And in the end, it did get them their desired result.

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

On the off-chance I die, gbassi, I love you.

#7354 ZephyrsSong

ZephyrsSong

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 506 posts

Posted 08 April 2014 - 10:35 AM

I'm glad that Wade Barrett is back in the ring. Wish it didn't come at the expense of Rey Mysterio, though, especially how the crowd was reacting to Rey.

#7355 Rick Grimes

Rick Grimes

The Last Of Us

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,947 posts

Posted 08 April 2014 - 10:36 AM

I'm glad that Wade Barrett is back in the ring. Wish it didn't come at the expense of Rey Mysterio, though, especially how the crowd was reacting to Rey.

I haven't found Rey Mysterio entertaining since his wCw days. WWE made him put on way too much weight.

Posted Image

#7356 ZephyrsSong

ZephyrsSong

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 506 posts

Posted 08 April 2014 - 10:51 AM

I haven't found Rey Mysterio entertaining since his wCw days. WWE made him put on way too much weight.

I don't know. I just find the underdog concept entertaining with Rey so he does have a special place in my heart. Just wasn't the same since a few years back.

#7357 J529

J529

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,187 posts

Posted 08 April 2014 - 01:25 PM

News on Sting

- There's now a feeling within WWE that Sting won't be on WWE TV for a long time.

- For those wondering, Sting was not backstage at last night's RAW in New Orleans.

#7358 J529

J529

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,187 posts

Posted 08 April 2014 - 01:27 PM

More on Undertaker's Future

Regarding why Brock Lesnar vs. The Undertaker at WrestleMania XXX may have seemed off, it's said that The Undertaker didn't know what they were doing and had to rely on Lesnar to keep them going. Nobody knows exactly where the concussion came but it may have been on the single leg takedown where Taker hit his head on the floor. There was a lot of talk about Taker's future backstage at WrestleMania and RAW. Nobody knows for sure if that was Taker's last match but it was certainly being talked about like it was.
Source: F4Wonline.com

Edited by J529, 08 April 2014 - 01:27 PM.

#7359 \/ijay

\/ijay

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 291 posts

Posted 08 April 2014 - 02:53 PM

Honeslty I don't even remember the match, just remember being in a state of disbelief right after the 3 count.

#7360 J529

J529

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,187 posts

Posted 08 April 2014 - 04:51 PM

News on Shield/Evolution, Sting, Punk, Cesaro/Lesnar Feud

- The idea of doing The Shield vs. Evolution (Triple H, Batista and Randy Orton) has been pitched, possibly for the WWE Extreme Rules pay-per-view, depending on who challenges Daniel Bryan for the WWE World Heavyweight Title.

There’s speculation that we will see an Evolution vs. The Shield War Games match but it probably won’t happen. The idea of bringing back War Games has been brought up many times over the years but Vince McMahon always shoots it down.

- The latest word on Sting is that the deal has fallen through and that he will not sign anytime soon. Sting was indeed in New Orleans this past weekend which suggested to many that there was a major chance of involvement and positive movement between him and the WWE. According to some backstage, Sting has been hesitant for so long because of the way some prior big WCW names were treated by the company and he didn't want to be involved in similar situations. As many know, in the past Sting did not want to sign with Vince because of his personal beliefs went against what the company was doing, however, the company since has gone PG and toned down their product drastically.

- Backstage officials are said to be impressed with the team of Batista and Orton. Word is they will remain a tag team until further notice.

- Expect Roman Reigns to continue to be pushed heavily in the next couple months.

-When the WWE Network subscriber numbers came out on Monday, there were people within WWE who were surprised and took it as not a good sign. Many in the company were expecting over 1 million subscribers. Apparently there's talk that we may see a price jump to $11.99 or $12.99 per month next year.

- There have been ideas pitched for an eventual Cesaro and Brock Lesnar feud.

- For those wondering about CM Punk, he has told close friends he feels great and is enjoying time away from the ring. It appears as though he has not only zero regrets but does not plan on returning to any ring anytime soon.

#7361 J529

J529

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,187 posts

Posted 08 April 2014 - 05:55 PM

Pierre Mcguire is wrestling fan and likes Daniel Bryan

Pierre Mcguire @PierreMcgureNBC Apr 7

Took a break from hockey last night to watch Wrestlemania! YES! YES! YES!

Edited by J529, 08 April 2014 - 08:34 PM.

#7362 J529

J529

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,187 posts

Posted 08 April 2014 - 06:29 PM

Iron Sheik comments on The Streak ending

WWE Hall of Famer The Iron Sheik told TMZ that there was something fishy with The Undertaker losing at WrestleMania XXX.
"I don't believe it, a lot of people doesn't believe it, because Undertaker is still #1 to me and a lot of fans in the world," Sheik said. Sheik then added that something changed in the match after Undertaker suffered a concussion.

#7363 Smashian Kassian

Smashian Kassian

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,196 posts

Posted 08 April 2014 - 06:34 PM

Same, Mysterio isn't what he used to be, but he can still work, and put on entertaining undercard matches IMO. He's a legend, and didn't deserve that reaction. 

zackass.png

#7364 J529

J529

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,187 posts

Posted 08 April 2014 - 07:15 PM

Undertaker to speak on Stone Cold's podcast:

Stone Cold confirms that Undertaker will be a guest on his podcast in a few weeks:

He noted that he was about to leave after the Cena Wyatt match ended but he bumped into Kevin Dunn, who had some beers. Austin saw that The Undertaker vs. Brock Lesnar was up next, and he had to stay around and watch it in its entirety.

Austin admitted that the crowd was a little cold at the start of the match, but they finally "started buying into it." Austin then noted how the crowd went silent after Lesnar hit the third F5 and pinned 'Taker. Austin said that while he never wanted the streak to end, Lesnar is as credible a person to do it. Austin talked about Dunn calling for crowd shots, and that people could not believe that the streak was broken. He noted that the life was sucked out of the crowd, and people didn't know whether to "crap or wind their watch."

Austin noted that he didn't have any inside information if it was a case of Undertaker wanting the streak to end and pass the torch, or if it was simply a business decision. Austin said that he talked to both men before the match, and 'Taker actually agreed to do his podcast in a few weeks. Austin hopes to record the episode when he heads to Austin, TX in a few weeks if Undertaker is "in OK shape." He brought up the injuries 'Taker suffered, and noted that he hasn't heard any updates, but will ask around. Austin brought up Undertaker's size and how long he's been in the business, and hopes that 'Taker is OK.'

#7365 J529

J529

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,187 posts

Posted 08 April 2014 - 08:35 PM

Fandango and Summer Rae split up over Twitter

"Hey, @RealSummerWWE. Did you get my text? Like I said, it's really not  me, it's you. It's over...

#7366 J529

J529

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,187 posts

Posted 08 April 2014 - 08:51 PM

Christy Hemme joins TNA Creative

TNA executive John Gaburick announced today that Christy Hemme has joined TNA's creative team. Hemme has working behind the scenes with the Knockouts division for over a year now. She commented on Twitter:
"I am SOOOOOO excited to bring a female touch to the product!!!! 1st day on the job and LOVING it!!!! @IMPACTWRESTLING"

Edited by J529, 08 April 2014 - 08:51 PM.

#7367 gmen81

gmen81

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 13,980 posts

Posted 08 April 2014 - 08:52 PM

Ultimate Warrior passed away?
Posted Image

#7368 J529

J529

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,187 posts

Posted 08 April 2014 - 08:57 PM

It's true Ultimate Warrior is dead

http://www.wwe.com/i...s-away-26223975

#7369 gmen81

gmen81

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 13,980 posts

Posted 08 April 2014 - 09:03 PM

rip warrior

I don't watch wrestling anymore, but Warrior was my favorite back in the day. Heard he was on Raw last night, so I tuned in for the first time in years. Can't believe he is now gone.
Posted Image

#7370 Crom!

Crom!

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,268 posts

Posted 08 April 2014 - 09:05 PM

wtf, he was just on RAW yesterday, full of energy.   

Are you sure that it's true?

#7371 g_bassi13

g_bassi13

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 7,531 posts

Posted 08 April 2014 - 09:07 PM

The hell? Are you sure someone didn't just forget it was April 1st last Tuesday?

#7372 Grapefruits

Grapefruits

Fruit

• Members
  • 10,297 posts

Posted 08 April 2014 - 09:07 PM

wtf, he was just on RAW yesterday, full of energy.   

Are you sure that it's true?

I wouldn't say that's full of energy, he was sucking wind pretty bad.  Didn't look all that well.

Still shocking though.  Glad he got to see himself in the WWE hall of Fame.

RIP

Edited by Grapefruits, 08 April 2014 - 09:09 PM.

Posted Image

#7373 Madness

Madness

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 9,684 posts

Posted 08 April 2014 - 09:09 PM

Wow RIP

We All Go a Little Mad Sometimes   | STL Blues EHL Roster

cookie.png

#7374 Kumquats

Kumquats

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,414 posts

Posted 08 April 2014 - 09:10 PM

Woah, that's freaking crazy!

Posted Image

#7375 Newsflash

Newsflash

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,252 posts

Posted 08 April 2014 - 09:11 PM

That speech he gave about mortality last night just became really powerful.

Buddy I called this EXACT situtation on here two years ago and was flamed, so I guess I have a bit of hockey knowledge, not to mention the 4 years I played in the OHL idiot.

The conspiracy theories that used to be against Lateralus:
Puberty, life, movie theaters, movie theaters that frown upon you pulling it out, movie theaters that frown upon you pulling it out during a children's movie, Toy Story 3, Pixar, who ever decided to make Woody so damn attractive, a job, his mothers basement, being 40, being 40 five years ago, dogs who can out run him, all dogs, the Olympic committee, Truth, Fact, Honesty, Logic, Newsflash, a father figure who was there to see him learn to ride his first bike, bikes,

#7376 J529

J529

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,187 posts

Posted 08 April 2014 - 09:11 PM

HHH tweeted it and Steph also re-tweeted the news of Ultimate Warrior passing.

#7377 J529

J529

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,187 posts

Posted 08 April 2014 - 09:12 PM

Ultimate Warrior's final promo he mentioned "Every man beats his final beat."

Foreshadowing?

Edited by J529, 08 April 2014 - 09:17 PM.

#7378 shiznak

shiznak

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 7,353 posts

Posted 08 April 2014 - 09:16 PM

Must have been a heart attack.

Truly one of my favourite entertainers in the company.

Edited by shiznak, 08 April 2014 - 09:18 PM.

f9mgqu.png

#7379 g_bassi13

g_bassi13

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 7,531 posts

Posted 08 April 2014 - 09:17 PM

That speech he gave about mortality last night just became really powerful.

I know, right? That speech he gave last night gained such a weird layer that it sadly shouldn't have gotten.

He cleared his grievances, reconciled with the company, got inducted into the hall of fame, one last spot at Wrestlemania, and a final speech on Raw.

A speech that just sounds so ominous now. He talks about how his body is done, but that his legacy lives on in his fans, and that he wants to thank them.

I really want to know the cause of death here.

#7380 PlayStation

PlayStation

XBox

• Members
  • 9,267 posts

Posted 08 April 2014 - 09:23 PM

Not going to jump to conclusions, but this is really odd, and possibly drug/suicide? He was pretty young.

Or could have been battling some disease and so thats why they had a special bit for him at Wrestlemania (entrance just for him) and Raw appearance.

Edited by PlayStation, 08 April 2014 - 09:25 PM.

Posted Image

"Real Men" :bigblush:

2 user(s) are reading this topic

2 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.