Welcome to canucks.com Vancouver Canucks homepage

Photo
- - - - -

CBC HNIC: Vote Canucks / Flames 1994 Game 7

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
59 replies to this topic

#31 Riviera82

Riviera82

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,837 posts

Posted 12 October 2012 - 07:00 AM

Personally I've already seen Van/Cgy game 7 '94 too many times already.
The game I want to see might be the best game I've ever seen. Van vs. Cgy, March 1/1992. Canucks win 11 - 0!

#32 Lafayettecrossbar

Lafayettecrossbar

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 957 posts

Posted 12 October 2012 - 08:46 AM

I was at that game and I made a song about it. Just sayin'.

BERGFORS IS NO FORSBERG.

Armstrong-Legwand-Backes
Foote-Finger
Hedberg

#33 deized_kanuck604

deized_kanuck604

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 916 posts

Posted 12 October 2012 - 08:58 AM

To the idiots who say we have too much time on our hands! Welcome to the big kid world! That's what being a grown up is all about! Doing what you want, wen you want! You'll all figure it out.. Go nucks
Posted Image

a true faN.
!kilLuminati!

#34 marleau_12

marleau_12

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,286 posts

Posted 12 October 2012 - 02:41 PM

We're winning! Come onnn!
Posted Image

#35 TrippleOverTime

TrippleOverTime

K-Wing Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts

Posted 12 October 2012 - 09:25 PM

CDC, screwing with internet polls since the Vote for Rory campaign.

who t f is Rory

#36 Baggins

Baggins

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 11,667 posts

Posted 13 October 2012 - 10:32 AM

who t f is Rory

A career fringe d-man that played for the Canucks in the 06/07 season. He played 287 NHL games over 10 seasons. Fans .here started a "Vote for Rory" campaign to get him into the All-Star game. Thankfully they fell short.

2007 All-Star Game vote

During the 2006–07 NHL season, while playing for the Vancouver Canucks, despite having zero points in 18 games, Fitzpatrick finished third in All-Star Game voting for defensemen in the Western Conference with 550,177 votes, falling 23,000 votes shy of second place Nicklas Lidström, winner of 4 Norris Trophies and 3 Stanley Cups.[3]
The idea was to use the new NHL procedure, where people were encouraged to vote as often as they liked, to have an unlikely candidate chosen. Contributors to this goal sent the idea across the Internet in the hopes of having Fitzpatrick voted in as one of the two starting defensemen for the Western Conference.[4] They also created several videos on Youtube as a way to spread news. A website, www.voteforrory.com, was created as well.[5] Rory peaked in balloting at the number 2 position, before eventually being bumped from participation in the game to third place.
The plot was originally conceived as a humorous campaign designed to show the flaws in the NHL voting system. The logic was that if enough people voted for an unlikely player to start the game, the league would change its system. After some time, the plan metamorphosed for many into a more symbolic gesture.[6]
For his part, Fitzpatrick — who never actively supported the campaign beyond donning a T-shirt at the request of photographers — stated that he had gotten a kick out of the movement and acknowledged the hard work that his supporters had put into it.[7] Fitzpatrick's teammates were also supportive, with several voicing their intention to vote, and wearing customized "Vote for Rory" T-shirts at a team practice.[8]
The final voting results on January 13, 2007 saw Rory finish in third place behind Scott Niedermayer and Nicklas Lidstrom, meaning he did not start in the All-Star game. Slate found the final results suspicious due to unlikely numerical coincidences in the final week of voting, and believed that the NHL altered the vote counts.

http://en.wikipedia....ory_Fitzpatrick

Edited by Baggins, 13 October 2012 - 10:32 AM.

MentalMidgetSig.jpg

#37 -Vintage Canuck-

-Vintage Canuck-

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 76,986 posts

Posted 13 October 2012 - 01:13 PM

Keep voting guys! :)

We're only down by 0.25%

307mg00.jpg

#38 -Vintage Canuck-

-Vintage Canuck-

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 76,986 posts

Posted 13 October 2012 - 01:19 PM

Wow! 5 minutes later.... we're leading by 0.10%!

Edited by -Vintage Canuck-, 13 October 2012 - 01:20 PM.

307mg00.jpg

#39 marleau_12

marleau_12

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 12,286 posts

Posted 13 October 2012 - 02:27 PM

A career fringe d-man that played for the Canucks in the 06/07 season. He played 287 NHL games over 10 seasons. Fans .here started a "Vote for Rory" campaign to get him into the All-Star game. Thankfully they fell short.

Thankfully? It would have been awesome if he made it. It was a fun time to be on CDC.
Posted Image

#40 marleau_12

marleau_12

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 12,286 posts

Posted 13 October 2012 - 02:40 PM

Every time I refresh and vote again, the Canucks game falls farther back. I wish more people cared about this.
Posted Image

#41 Great Save Luongo!!!

Great Save Luongo!!!

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,898 posts

Posted 13 October 2012 - 03:00 PM

Looks like I got blocked for voting too much. Up to you guys now =P
Posted Image

#42 ChuckNORRIS4Cup

ChuckNORRIS4Cup

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,510 posts

Posted 13 October 2012 - 03:22 PM

Jezz looks like this thread could use a WAMBULANCE

Posted Image

Eh8NO.jpg

Trevor Linden Quote Nov. 29th 2012 [Asked if he would return to the game?]
"The game has been with me for a long time, if the right opportunity came about, you never know"

#43 Baggins

Baggins

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 11,667 posts

Posted 13 October 2012 - 03:46 PM

Thankfully? It would have been awesome if he made it. It was a fun time to be on CDC.

Some of us actually enjoy the all-star game and prefer to see the best in the world getting together for the game. So yes thankfully, the childish antics of a group of fans, who didn't even give a crap about the all-star game, failed to get a fringe player in.

MentalMidgetSig.jpg

#44 marleau_12

marleau_12

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 12,286 posts

Posted 13 October 2012 - 03:53 PM

Some of us actually enjoy the all-star game and prefer to see the best in the world getting together for the game. So yes thankfully, the childish antics of a group of fans, who didn't even give a crap about the all-star game, failed to get a fringe player in.

You're in a small minority then. The game itself is usually boring as hell; might as well have some fun with it. As if Rory getting voted in would inconvenience your life or something.
Posted Image

#45 TowelPower12

TowelPower12

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 449 posts

Posted 13 October 2012 - 03:56 PM

Red Army/Flyers in the lead again

#46 Great Save Luongo!!!

Great Save Luongo!!!

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,898 posts

Posted 13 October 2012 - 05:49 PM

Losing by .05%
Posted Image

#47 M A K A V E L I 96

M A K A V E L I 96

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,705 posts

Posted 13 October 2012 - 05:55 PM

Losing by .05%

Winning by .06 now :)

Edited by M A K A V E L I 96, 14 October 2012 - 12:27 AM.

Posted Image

#48 Baggins

Baggins

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 11,667 posts

Posted 13 October 2012 - 06:47 PM

You're in a small minority then. The game itself is usually boring as hell; might as well have some fun with it. As if Rory getting voted in would inconvenience your life or something.

Who's in the minoirity? The majority of my friends enjoy watching the skills competition and the game. It's a fun all out offensive game to watch. If you find it boring I can only assume you don't like scoring.

Record-setting audiences tuned in to this weekend’s 2012 Tim Hortons NHL All-Star Game and Molson Canadian NHL All-Star Skills Competition on CBC’S HOCKEY NIGHT IN CANADA, according to BBM overnight data.

Broadcast live from Ottawa on Sunday, January 29, the 2012 Tim Hortons NHL All Star Game on CBC’S HOCKEY NIGHT IN CANADA drew an average audience of 2.461 million viewers, besting the previous record of 2.389 million viewers set last year. In total, more than 7.3 million people took in some or all of the game, representing 22 per cent of the population.

http://canadiansport...ership-records/

To put that number in perspective, 8.76 million watched game 7 of the Canucks/Bruins final. While game 1 drew 5.6 million viewers. Yet you think I'm the one in the minority when an all-star game draws 7.3 million viewers. Right.

MentalMidgetSig.jpg

#49 TowelPower12

TowelPower12

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 449 posts

Posted 13 October 2012 - 06:53 PM

People that think Rory Fitzpatrick actually would have gotten enough votes to get in or that it would have been good to watch him play in the all-star game are retards who can't take off their Canuck glasses for one second. Next

#50 gurn

gurn

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,624 posts

Posted 13 October 2012 - 10:48 PM

WTF

why when someone posts a poll theres always someone LIKE YOU who has to say people are crying and whining

cause NO other teams post polls on forums

i hate this site

and you

i hope all the bad things in the world happen to you and only you

IF you slow down on the coffee the little things in life wont upset you as much. <_<

#51 Where's Wellwood

Where's Wellwood

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,381 posts

Posted 13 October 2012 - 11:02 PM

People that think Rory Fitzpatrick actually would have gotten enough votes to get in or that it would have been good to watch him play in the all-star game are retards who can't take off their Canuck glasses for one second. Next

Rory could have gotten enough votes to play in the game. It was entirely possible and it's believed by some that he actually did get enough votes and that the NHL altered the vote count so that he wouldn't play since him playing would make the league look pretty bad. So you're right that it wouldn't have been good to watch him in the all star game. But it would have been funny. Which was part of the point.

14diqh3.jpg
Credit to khalifawiz501 for the sig.
"There is a time and place for everything but not now."

http://forum.canucks...a-bros-game-on/

#52 Moonshinefe

Moonshinefe

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,196 posts

Posted 13 October 2012 - 11:27 PM

Somebody doesn't have a sense of humour.

#53 ChuckNORRIS4Cup

ChuckNORRIS4Cup

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,510 posts

Posted 14 October 2012 - 12:20 AM

I have to jump in on this.

I will have to disagree with you 100%, the All Star Game now a days is a joke and like the other guy said is actually very boring. I don't disagree with you though, about having the opportunity to see the best in the world, for I believe it's something special to see the best players in the world playing against each other. The problem is back in the day like the 90's and maybe very early 2000's All Star Games were VERY exciting, because players actually came to play big difference then now a days. The players now a days don't play the game as hard as they did back then, and to why it makes it very boring to watch. Back then it was like watching a competitive NHL game, but much better because it had the best players in the world playing at their best. It was probably the best hockey game you could see all year, because no team in the league was that good so you wouldn't ever see that type of caliber playing on the same team at once, and to why it made it so much more special. Now a days players are told to not play at 100% and try not to compete as hard, because they are to worried about a player getting injured or hurt and in my opinion I can see the difference and it honestly sucks. The other guy is right though the Skills is the best part of the All Star Weekend, because at least the players competing in the Skills are trying their hardest and it's cool to see the best in the world perform to their best.

Edited by ChuckNORRIS4Cup, 14 October 2012 - 12:22 AM.

Eh8NO.jpg

Trevor Linden Quote Nov. 29th 2012 [Asked if he would return to the game?]
"The game has been with me for a long time, if the right opportunity came about, you never know"

#54 TowelPower12

TowelPower12

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 449 posts

Posted 14 October 2012 - 12:59 AM

Watching the classic Bruins/Habs game tonight makes you realize how much of a joke the NHL is today, really could care less if it just stays locked out and CBC keeps showing classic games. would rather watch those any day

#55 Baggins

Baggins

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 11,667 posts

Posted 14 October 2012 - 08:56 AM

I have to jump in on this.

I will have to disagree with you 100%, the All Star Game now a days is a joke and like the other guy said is actually very boring. I don't disagree with you though, about having the opportunity to see the best in the world, for I believe it's something special to see the best players in the world playing against each other. The problem is back in the day like the 90's and maybe very early 2000's All Star Games were VERY exciting, because players actually came to play big difference then now a days. The players now a days don't play the game as hard as they did back then, and to why it makes it very boring to watch. Back then it was like watching a competitive NHL game, but much better because it had the best players in the world playing at their best. It was probably the best hockey game you could see all year, because no team in the league was that good so you wouldn't ever see that type of caliber playing on the same team at once, and to why it made it so much more special. Now a days players are told to not play at 100% and try not to compete as hard, because they are to worried about a player getting injured or hurt and in my opinion I can see the difference and it honestly sucks. The other guy is right though the Skills is the best part of the All Star Weekend, because at least the players competing in the Skills are trying their hardest and it's cool to see the best in the world perform to their best.

I disagree. The players are still competing, just without the physical play to minimize injuries. Although hitting would make it more exciting does it make sense to put the best players in the league at risk over a game that is for nothing more than bragging rights? The game itself now is just a skills competition and the players put just as much effort into it. I find it very entertaining, just as I do the skills competition. And that's really the point of the all star game now: entertainment. For the players it's an opportunity to play just for the fun of it with the best players in the world that they'd never have the opportunity to otherwise. And that's fun to see as well. If you take it for what it is, entertainment, you may actually enjoy it.

MentalMidgetSig.jpg

#56 canuck_trevor16

canuck_trevor16

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 12,657 posts

Posted 14 October 2012 - 02:16 PM

it seem that the Canucks vs Flames is running away now and way ahead of second place red army vs flyers

One day some of us will look back on the year and look at the chicago, and most of us will realize that it was a small bump in the road to the cup

WIN THE CUP FOR SALO CAMPAIGN

#57 -Vintage Canuck-

-Vintage Canuck-

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 76,986 posts

Posted 14 October 2012 - 05:44 PM

Jan. 11, 1976 - Soviet Red Army vs. Flyers 39.26%

April 30, 1994 - Vancouver vs. Calgary 54.68%

Wow!

307mg00.jpg

#58 Baggins

Baggins

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 11,667 posts

Posted 15 October 2012 - 03:12 AM

Jan. 11, 1976 - Soviet Red Army vs. Flyers 39.26%

April 30, 1994 - Vancouver vs. Calgary 54.68%

Wow!

Well it's certainly looking like it will be the Canucks game. I got my first choice last Saturday so I can certainly settle for my second choice next Saturday.

MentalMidgetSig.jpg

#59 Jai604

Jai604

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,039 posts

Posted 15 October 2012 - 08:01 AM

At 1:28 "Jeff Brown celebrating his 28th birthday today..."hmmm...wonder what he got?...

Kirk's wife gave him a special present.

RIP LB RR PD

#60 TowelPower12

TowelPower12

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 449 posts

Posted 16 October 2012 - 02:40 AM

We won, new poll is up.

1980 Allstar game Wales vs Campbell is running away with it right now with 55%

I voted for it, Gordie Howe and Wayne Gretzky on the same team? Yes please

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.