The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Why are we looking past David Booth?

Strombone1

The wild meat booth is hunting/ eating is far superior in every way to what he could buy in the store. So much better for us, we are not meant to eat all that processed and steroid laden garbage...

And you do realize that a very small portion of the US population actually hunts right? And you also realize that probably just as much of a percentage of the Canadian population hunts as the Americans do correct? No, obviously you do not understand this.

The wild meat booth is hunting/ eating is far superior in every way to what he could buy in the store. So much better for us, we are not meant to eat all that processed and steroid laden garbage...

And you do realize that a very small portion of the US population actually hunts right? And you also realize that probably just as much of a percentage of the Canadian population hunts as the Americans do correct? No, obviously you do not understand this.

From the "Early returns on Kassian" thread I quoted the ceiling on big Kass being a passing and fighting version of Booth.

But, CDC and Vancouver expectations are high. A 217 lb winger who can scream up the ice with world class speed, win puck battles, bang and has 30 goal potential is nothing to sneeze at! I'm happy to have him. Samuelsson could have walked away this year and we're still well stocked, it was a good trade!

It's ironic. Booth needs a guy exactly like Samuelsson on his line to be more successful. Somebody who is versatile and can pass when Booth breaks to the net,,, The line still needs a 3rd (passing) wheel.

Where are we standing with Booth?

Does he not have anything to prove this season?

I don't think I've read anything about him practicing with the team. I'm hearing a lot of our younger guys like Kassian needing to step up. True, but I think Booth is totally being overlooked.

He's more likely to make an impact than Kassian will in this coming season.

I think if he does start to play good and Kes returns, that will throw Booth off his game given their chemistry.

Any thoughts?

Every Booth thread get derailed into a pro versus anti hunting discussion.

HE HUNTS! Get over it!

A lot of people hunt, all our ancestors hunted. I don't care for hunting but it's not my placen to tell (or judge) anyone who does. He does it legit, all the power to him. Bear rugs are very comfortable. If you consume as much of the animal as possible I really see no problem with it.

On topic. Booth will step it up. He's got the skill and of course he has some shortfalls, passing and reviving a pass but I believe he's going to play well once the season gets going. He has size and that's very important. I haven't let him off my radar I expect him to go hard to the net game one.

I could care less if Booth hunts, hunting is a sport, lots of people do it, not a big deal. The thing that I have an issue with, is that the majority of the team is here training, preparing for the season to start at any time, but Booth is not, he is out hunting so it seems. Also, when the kings knocked em out of the playoffs, I think it was like less than a week later he was bear hunting... You'd think there would be a little bit of a "remorse" period or something. I guess not...

But as player, I think he has lots of potential and upside too, he just needs to work hard to get there (Something that he doesn't seem to be doing).

Give me one reason why a guy who makes millions of dollars a year has to go out and shoot these animals. A duck supply for a month, what looks to be an elk and a moose on top of a bear. There's enough meat there to cover half a year, but I guess even millionaires get hungry.

My point is there is no justifiable reason to hunt these animals unless it was for the purpose of feeding oneself. I'm pretty sure Booth can afford to buy a steak. It's really unjustifiable and if you're going to make it a freedom thing I will laugh in your face right now.

Only exemption I see to this is fishing. Go ahead fish away, it's a species that can replenish itself.

It's just typical and usual CDC having unrealistic expectations of Canucks players, plain and simple.

It's easy numbers, really. Booth scored 16 goals in 56 games, putting him on pace for a 23-goal season, and 42 points over 82 games.

Canucks fans have just gotten spoiled watching the Sedins rack up 80+ point seasons over the last few years. How many goals do you guys think the average second-liner in the NHL scores?

People expected Booth to come in and rip off 30 goals, after having been traded for the very first time in his career. Coming to a Canadian city, and having to meet new teammates and learn a new system. I really don't understand what people expect. Add in the fact that last year Kesler was not at his best, and after having scored 41 goals the previous year, forgot that as a centreman he's supposed to pass the puck more often.

With a playmaking centreman (I'm not suggesting Kesler can't be one, he just seems like he doesn't want to be one), Booth could probably regain his 30-goal form, or at least come close to it. He could probably be a 250-30 goal, 50-point player again. It takes time to adjust to a new environment.

no it's not. sport is something when both sides have equal chance of winning the event. not when you're cowardly hiding and waiting for that innocent creature to show up. i can't believe the number of people who are ok with that. I guess for most of you, as long as a player wearing a canuck jersey, you'd be okay with him, no matter what kind of person he is.

Archived