The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Luongo Trade Theory 101

Right. And Boston was 100%, we were only 85%, which is why they won, right?

If that's what helps you sleep at night, sure, you're free to believe what you'd like.

I don't expect him to play. He was injured. Ryan Kesler was not. That's why Mason Raymond could not play, while Ryan Kesler could.

My point is that he continues to refute clear facts, because he doesn't want to admit he is wrong.

He thinks we were injured, for example, he said Kesler wasn't injured, so I asked him to explain why he needed surgery and all the rehab in the off-season.

And you know what's funny? He didn't even reply, because he didn't want to admit he was wrong.

You can go along with him, and continue to refute the clear fact that we were alot more decimated than Boston was.

I've accepted that we lost, and naturally there are reason's for that, Injuries IMO are one of the biggest reason's why, there are other's but I think if we had been as healthy as the Bruins the result would have been different.

:lol:

Just because nobody trumpets how hurt they are as loud as the Vancouver Canucks do - every single year, month, week, day - doesn't mean that other teams aren't equally bruised.

To suggest that Boston was of perfect health and thus had an advantage over the Vancouver Canucks, who led the series 2-0, before choking, is just sad and contributes heavily to why the Canucks are so universally hated. Nobody likes excuses. All Vancouver had to do was not lose 4/5 games to Boston.

No, that is not a "pure fact" at all. Somehow I doubt that you're a part of either Boston or Vancouver's medical team. And I'll again remind you that Vancouver was up 2-0 in the series. If Boston swept the series, your argument might hold more ground. But the simple fact is that Vancouver choked. They got to the big stage, and were knobby-kneed schoolgirls in Boston. 8-1 in game 3 (inexplicable), 4-0 in game 4. It was Vancouver's for the taking; the only way that Boston could've won was by beating Vancouver in 4/5 games. And that's what happened. And now you're blaming injuries. And this is why everyone hates the Canucks.

As for your "roll right through any team we played" assertion - did you miss the first round? You know, the one where the 8th seed took us to OT in Game 7?

Why do you continue to be so ignorant by ignoring the fact, that's as clear as day, that our team was freaking injured???? Your definition for an injured player is freaking pathetic 'oh yeah a player has to not be able to play games to be considered injured.'

Screw off

If you don't believe they were injured then please explain all the surgery and Rehab they needed after the playoffs, please do I would like to hear your explanation.

Why do you think they didn't? Roberto Luongo that's why, he was no question our best player in our wins, without him we would have been swept believe me.

Oh I'm sorry I didn't know we lost that series.

I said roll through not destroy, there are going to be bumps in the road, but at the end of the day our team still rolled past them and onto the 2nd round.

Yes Luongo was very, very noticeable in that series. He definitely won 3 games for us almost singlehandedly, and some might argue that he lost 4 games in that same fashion.

We didn't lose that series against Chicago, no. We didn't roll past them though, we scraped past them after being ahead by the widest of margins. What appeared to be a potential sweep turned into a nail-biting potential heart attack.

I'm not sure what your point is here besides doging the facts.

Our team was very limited, Luongo was able to hold to folt amazingly and he won us games 1, 2 and 5.

The series went along and with the Suspension and injuries increasing it got worse, Lu couldn't hold to fort forever.

Like I said I don't know what your trying to say other than continue to dodge clear facts & sidetrack to make your initial look better now that I have put alot of holes in it.

Archived