The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

*Official* CBA Negotiations and Lockout Thread

That's not on topic, that's misdirection.

What is on topic are the points I have made to counter yours

- the salary cap structure defines that players do, in contrast to your claim, share revenue.

- the NHL member teams are not independent businesses with independent financials

- the NHLPA is willing to work towards the financial parity needed, over time, with the help of the League

- the NHL believes that all of the labour concessions should come from the players

- the NHL does not want to honour the contracts they have signed

- the PA has refused to accept the most recent deal that would hurt the role players of the League in favour of the stars

- the current system is one chosen by the NHL not the players

WHL rocks.... no one arguing against you here is saying that player costs shouldn't come down over time. Heck, even the PA isn't saying that.

What those who disagree with you are saying is that it should be a process that involves some responsibility from the member teams.... like the one that signed Weber to that ridiculous contract. This can happen over the next few years with help from the wealthy teams so that even those stupid offers from teams are valid.

Some people, like myself, Provost, poetica and elvis15, see that this can be done for the long term health of the League incrementally with the players share of revenue but it should be buffeted with the profits of the large market teams. You seem to think this should be done immediately all from the players share. In that instance, you are even more radical than the League who is aware that revenue sharing is a must.

Really. I Didn't know Weber will be sharing his $13 million for not playing hockey this year with Burrows.

Do you think the NHL can continue to be viable without reducing the PAs share of revenue?

Do you remember when the Vanvouver Canucks were on the verge of leaving town because they were losing money? I do. In the Coliseum Canucks barely drew 13k.

Are you willing to see the Oilers, Sens, and Jets leave or fold when the US economy recovers and CAD$ is worth less that .70cents.? If so fine by me.

The players are replaceable. The NHL is not. Gretzky retired Ovechkin took over. OV faltered Malkin became the best player in the world. What happens if you don't have a team to cheer for.

Most people are short sighted and only think if Canucks. They wouldnt even watch hockey if Van City did not have a team

I'm a hockey fan not just a Canucks fan. It's better for all hockey fans that NHL gets a 50/50 deal and all teams are profitable, not just 40%.

Heck if I was Bettman I would not have blinked so quick.

Many many ppl on CDC are union members and post during work hours. Boss pays the wage while employees come on here when they should be working. Who cares if the company is losing money and the boss can't make his mortgage payments.

Prepare yourself to defend your comments. If the minus button still existed your post would be -327 by now.

What a bunch of greedy spoiled brats. 50/50 revenue sharing is more than fair. The fact that the players are still shooting for 56-57% is a complete mockery. There's no reason why the NHL should miss any games, it should take a few weeks to iron things out and then hockey is back. If there is no hockey by November I will have lost all respect for the players. I don't like Bettman, just like every one else here, but the NHL is flawed and needs to be fixed and this lockout is completely on the players now.

Really. I Didn't know Weber will be sharing his $13 million for not playing hockey this year with Burrows.

Do you think the NHL can continue to be viable without reducing the PAs share of revenue?

Do you remember when the Vanvouver Canucks were on the verge of leaving town because they were losing money? I do. In the Coliseum Canucks barely drew 13k.

Are you willing to see the Oilers, Sens, and Jets leave or fold when the US economy recovers and CAD$ is worth less that .70cents.? If so fine by me.

The players are replaceable. The NHL is not. Gretzky retired Ovechkin took over. OV faltered Malkin became the best player in the world. What happens if you don't have a team to cheer for.

Most people are short sighted and only think if Canucks. They wouldnt even watch hockey if Van City did not have a team

I'm a hockey fan not just a Canucks fan. It's better for all hockey fans that NHL gets a 50/50 deal and all teams are profitable, not just 40%.

Heck if I was Bettman I would not have blinked so quick.

Many many ppl on CDC are union members and post during work hours. Boss pays the wage while employees come on here when they should be working. Who cares if the company is losing money and the boss can't make his mortgage payments.

Prepare yourself to defend your comments. If the minus button still existed your post would be -327 by now.

What a bunch of greedy spoiled brats. 50/50 revenue sharing is more than fair. The fact that the players are still shooting for 56-57% is a complete mockery. There's no reason why the NHL should miss any games, it should take a few weeks to iron things out and then hockey is back. if there is no hockey by November I will all respect for the players. I don't like Bettman, just like every one else here, but the NHL is flawed and needs to be fixed and this lockout is completely on the players now.

Still siding with the players as well...the players are the product. 50/50 sounds fair but say a stranger comes up to you and says let's split the contents of your wallet, 50/50 - fair right?

I appreciate that the owners want a ROI but I agree with the players not wanted to be exploited either. If someone wanted to create a business on my sweat and tears you can be damn sure I'd want a fair cut, whether it was 50$ or 50 million $

I suspect the players are just testing the NHL at this point, I don't see them burning a season or even any games when the existing contracts are not being rolled back

Wierd, I just looked at the make whole option presented by the NHLPA and I can't tell the difference between it an the NHL offer. It really seems like they are just arguing about the mechanism to honor existing contracts.

Either the owners will honor the existing contracts or not, but that seems to be the critical issue still outstanding. I thought it was already agreed to but if the NHL rejects the make whole offer then I am not so sure...

WHL rocks.... no one arguing against you here is saying that player costs shouldn't come down over time. Heck, even the PA isn't saying that.

What those who disagree with you are saying is that it should be a process that involves some responsibility from the member teams.... like the one that signed Weber to that ridiculous contract. This can happen over the next few years with help from the wealthy teams so that even those stupid offers from teams are valid.

Some people, like myself, Provost, poetica and elvis15, see that this can be done for the long term health of the League incrementally with the players share of revenue but it should be buffeted with the profits of the large market teams. You seem to think this should be done immediately all from the players share. In that instance, you are even more radical than the League who is aware that revenue sharing is a must.

Archived