The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

CDC STHS Hockey League (Season 2)

*VaNcOuVeRCaNuCkS*

My guess is that Gomez wouldn't waive to go to DAL and Swee needed the contract. Sven knows that players only have to waive there right once so he took advantage of it and sent him to DAL. That's why i figure Swee sent Sven a 3rd rounder in the deal as a thanks and Sven gave up a 5th to complete it for him.

My guess is that Gomez wouldn't waive to go to DAL and Swee needed the contract. Sven knows that players only have to waive there right once so he took advantage of it and sent him to DAL. That's why i figure Swee sent Sven a 3rd rounder in the deal as a thanks and Sven gave up a 5th to complete it for him.

Not at all lol. The 3rd was part of the Benn trade. I figured Gomez would cost next to nothing and he wanted a 3 way trade with Benn, but SOB didn't come on till today and I wanted Benn so we did that trade first.

And lol about my GM rep, it's Scott Gomez.

the_dallas_morning_news_logo.jpg

Scott Gomez to suit up for the Stars?

scott-gomez.jpg

It was announced on Wednesday evening that Scott Gomez had been traded to the Dallas Stars, less than 48 hours after agreeing to waive his No Trade Clause to join the Buffalo Sabres. Although the deal to Dallas presents a new start for Gomez, he openly stated early Thursday that he was none too happy about landing in Dallas.

"Ill be honest, I'm pissed. When I was asked to waive my clause to go to Buffalo, there was not a doubt in my mind that I wanted to return to that organization. The only way I was going to waive was to go back to an Eastern Conference team, and the thought of being back on the Sabres made it that much more appealing. I was promised to get good play time in Buffalo, which is why there was no reason to refuse the offer. Now look at me, Im on the Stars now... Not too thrilled about how this came about."

Gomez is one of the few players in recent memory to speak out openly about being unhappy with being on an organization. Others being Kyle Turris with the Phoenix Coyotes, and Evgeni Nabokov with the New York Islanders. Gomez's outbreak leads us to wonder what is next for Gomez, some rumours suggest that Gomez may demand a trade back to the Eastern Conference, but that may be hard due to his current cap hit, others suggest Gomez may make a league appeal to have the trade reviewed, citing circumvention of his NTC. One writer out of Dallas speculates that Gomez may refuse to report to the Stars, as Evgeni Nabokov did with the Islanders. With Gomez's recent comments and Free Agency looming, the next couple days will surely be monitored closely around the league.

the_dallas_morning_news_logo.jpg

Scott Gomez to suit up for the Stars?

scott-gomez.jpg

It was announced on Wednesday evening that Scott Gomez had been traded to the Dallas Stars, less than 48 hours after agreeing to waive his No Trade Clause to join the Buffalo Sabres. Although the deal to Dallas presents a new start for Gomez, he openly stated early Thursday that he was none too happy about landing in Dallas.

"Ill be honest, I'm pissed. When I was asked to waive my clause to go to Buffalo, there was not a doubt in my mind that I wanted to return to that organization. The only way I was going to waive was to go back to an Eastern Conference team, and the thought of being back on the Sabres made it that much more appealing. I was promised to get good play time in Buffalo, which is why there was no reason to refuse the offer. Now look at me, Im on the Stars now... Not too thrilled about how this came about."

Gomez is one of the few players in recent memory to speak out openly about being unhappy with being on an organization. Others being Kyle Turris with the Phoenix Coyotes, and Evgeni Nabokov with the New York Islanders. Gomez's outbreak leads us to wonder what is next for Gomez, some rumours suggest that Gomez may demand a trade back to the Eastern Conference, but that may be hard due to his current cap hit, others suggest Gomez may make a league appeal to have the trade reviewed, citing circumvention of his NTC. One writer out of Dallas speculates that Gomez may refuse to report to the Stars, as Evgeni Nabokov did with the Islanders. With Gomez's recent comments and Free Agency looming, the next couple days will surely be monitored closely around the league.

Archived