The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

My First Smartphone-Android

Where's Wellwood

I've had the Galaxy Nexus since release and it's an awesome phone there are some issues I've had with it you might want to consider. The GPS is brutal. When I start driving with it, it'll start jumping around the map (probably within 500metres so it's not completely inacurate). The GPS didn't really bother me though since I already have an actual GPS in my car. The S3 supposedly uses the same 720 super amoled display as the GNex but all of my friends have the S3 and I find the S3 has a much better looking display for sure. The GNex screen looks a bit grainy when it's displaying a white screen, while the S3s white looks closer to white. That said, the GNex still has a really nice display compared to most phones but S3>GNex for display. I haven't had any experience with the N4 yet but it looks like a great deal and since it's the latest Nexus, it'll stay up to date longer than the other 2 phones.

So the Nexus 4 came back on sale today on the google play store only to get sold out within minutes again. However, one of my dad's co-workers managed to get one (8 weeks shipping time but whatever), and MIGHT be willing to sell it. He's tentatively asking $470 for the unlocked (not sure if 8GB or 16GB, hoping 16) phone after tax and shipping.

Should I get my dad to go for it? Offer lower? Does it influence the decision whether it's the 8GB or 16 GB for $470, or go for it either way?

Archived