The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Steam Christmas Sale

ChenWei91

The pricing so far has been disappionting. Some of the regular daily deals were better.

EDIT: Ahem, I just want to mention that there are some game bundle going for a very great price right now. The games were published by a company that introduced memes like "arrow in the knee" and "fus ro dah". Unfortunately, I cannot tell you more, Google (MOD: NO ADVERTISING) no...I mean some search engine is your friend.

Agreed. Although it might have something to do with having already purchased the games from an earlier sale and/or waiting for newer games to reach an even lower price. I want to get hitman but not for 25, and farcry 3 isn't even on sale.

Diablo 3 gets such ridiculous hate around here.

If you think D3 looks cartoonish, don't bother with Torchlight. It looks like a cartoon literally.

People overrate Torchlight's customization aspect way, way too much. As someone who owns both, I've played a handful of hours of Torchlight 2, but return to D3 regularly for farming and loot hunting (level 60: paragon 21 at this point), and regularly search for gear/build improvements. Even found some boots the other day that I was able to sell for 100m in the Auction House.

Torchlight, on the other hand, doesn't require an internet connection (...so?), lets you decorate your anime character a bit more, and has a lot of loot that nobody cares about, because nobody plays the game (judging by the underwhelming Steam stats)

If you want a gear/loot based game, D3 is the way to go, despite what the vocal D2 community would have you believe.

Diablo 3 gets such ridiculous hate around here.

If you think D3 looks cartoonish, don't bother with Torchlight. It looks like a cartoon literally.

People overrate Torchlight's customization aspect way, way too much. As someone who owns both, I've played a handful of hours of Torchlight 2, but return to D3 regularly for farming and loot hunting (level 60: paragon 21 at this point), and regularly search for gear/build improvements. Even found some boots the other day that I was able to sell for 100m in the Auction House.

Torchlight, on the other hand, doesn't require an internet connection (...so?), lets you decorate your anime character a bit more, and has a lot of loot that nobody cares about, because nobody plays the game (judging by the underwhelming Steam stats)

If you want a gear/loot based game, D3 is the way to go, despite what the vocal D2 community would have you believe.

So Farcry 3 is for $37.49 at the moment... Should I buy it, or wait till another sale, and hope it goes for $29.99...

God I'm cheap...

Edit: Am I seeing things are is it cheaper to buy each Farcry game individually than the pack?

$42.47 if I add each game to my cart individually, and $49.99 if I buy the pack.

Archived