The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Discussion] Roberto Luongo Trade Thread 4.0

Its really hard to say if MG comments that a deal is on the table are true or its just posturing.. id go with this is pure posturing on his part and were no closer today than we were last summer.. I just cannot see MG coming out and saying a deal is in place pending that said team moving a player. He just isn't the type to spill the beans like that.. to be honest if there was a deal in place i don't think that team would be very happy with this info being released..no matter that the fact no team names were given. He's just trying to stir the pot and so be it, we'll see if this works.

I have a feeling the player that the Canucks are "waiting" on could be Danny Briere.

He has been out with a fractured wrist he sustained during the lockout.

Reports are claiming that Briere should be ready by Friday the earliest, but highly likely the weekend.

I think perhaps a Hartnell + Briere for Luongo++ trade could happen.

Flyers have a ton of youth and scoring, while we don't have a 2nd line for at least a month, maybe two. Briere could center that line until Kesler comes back and Hartnell could take the 2nd line LW position until Booth comes back.

BUT, when Booth and Kesler comes back, it will be okay since we'll have some LTIR cap relief.

Sedin Sedin Hartnell

Booth Kesler Briere

Burrows Lapierre Hansen

Higgins Malhotra Kassian

DEPTH!

I have a feeling the player that the Canucks are "waiting" on could be Danny Briere.

Reports are claiming that Briere should be ready by Friday the earliest, but highly likely the weekend.

Flyers have a ton of youth and scoring, while we don't have a 2nd line for at least a month, maybe two. Briere could center that line until Kesler comes back and Hartnell could take the 2nd line LW position until Booth comes back.

BUT, when Booth and Kesler comes back, it will be okay since we'll have some LTIR cap relief.

Sedin Sedin Hartnell

Booth Kesler Briere

Burrows Lapierre Hansen

Higgins Malhotra Kassian

DEPTH!

The more I think about it the more I think the new rules in the CBA will be utilizied in this deal.

When they implemented the ability to trade cap along with a player it opened up a whole new realm of possibility for GMs to be creative. It allows GMs to negotiate on the worth of players under contract. Since you can trade up to 50% of a contract on a deal the two parties can negotiate an agreement on the value of a deal in a way they couldn't before.

GM1: I'll include X player but you need to take all of his $5 mil cap hit.

GM2: I don't think he's worth $5 mil. You overpaid him and you know it. I'll pay him $3 mil though.

GM1: Ok. He's worth $3.5 though and the rest of the pieces remain.

GM2: $3.25 mil?

GM1: Agreed.

I am beginning to think this will be the first deal under the new CBA that will test the limits of the salary trading rule. Lawrence Gilman may not have slept much in the last few weeks. This deal could be a watershed agreement.

heres the deal I think is in the works .. Lu to edmonton for gagner and a pic .. It would be a deal that noone was expecting and Im guessing that the only problem would be lu accepting .. I would personally hate this deal .. I would hope that we could get more for lu.. I think gagner is overated ,, and also remember that his father works for the nucks too .. I hope Im wrong ..and i hope if this deal is in place that lu says no thanks .. Ive never wanted to be wrong so badly .. except for that one time that it burned when i peed ..

Sedin Sedin Hartnell

Booth Kesler Briere

Burrows Lapierre Hansen

Higgins Malhotra Kassian

DEPTH!

the edmonton oilers would love to have him ,,.the fans have no say , and I sincerely doubt hell go there .. philly wants him but have to deal with their goalie before they can move , chicago isnt offering enough , and neither is florida .. Mike is gonna wait .. and wait till were offered what we deserve .. you watch

Sedin Sedin Hartnell

Booth Kesler Briere

Burrows Lapierre Hansen

Higgins Malhotra Kassian

DEPTH!

Sedin Sedin Hartnell

Booth Kesler Briere

Burrows Lapierre Hansen

Higgins Malhotra Kassian

DEPTH!

Archived