The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Tentative Agreement Reached.

Can someone explain how the buyout system works? This appears as he looses one third of the remaining bucks on his deal???

I'm not debating that, I'm saying he'd need to get $2.8M over 2 years to break even after a buyout (if he's bought out). WHL Rocks said Ballard should be happy to be bought out and I'm saying he shouldn't be because of uncertainty after the 2013-2014 season. He may not even have a job the second year because of a potentially drastic reduction in the salary cap for 2014-2015.

Can someone explain how the buyout system works? This appears as he looses one third of the remaining bucks on his deal???

Cap recapture? Is that the suggestion where one team could pay a portion of a players salary when trading him, but pass all cap? And conversely pass all of salary but absorb a portion of the cap?

Cap recapture? Is that the suggestion where one team could pay a portion of a players salary when trading him, but pass all cap? And conversely pass all of salary but absorb a portion of the cap?

The NHL can stick this new deal where the sun don't shine. I don't care, I've said from day 1 I'm done and I'm sticking to it. This lockout was the last straw for me in a long, long line of problems I've had with the league the past few years. So congrats, enjoy your hockey this year everyone who enjoys the game still, but I can't stomach this league any longer and see no reason why I should give them my time, money, and emotional investment again at this present time.

The NHL can stick this new deal where the sun don't shine. I don't care, I've said from day 1 I'm done and I'm sticking to it. This lockout was the last straw for me in a long, long line of problems I've had with the league the past few years. So congrats, enjoy your hockey this year everyone who enjoys the game still, but I can't stomach this league any longer and see no reason why I should give them my time, money, and emotional investment again at this present time.

That is correct whether you choose to believe so or not. I actually wish I could be excited about hockey again like everyone else, but I'm still too soured by this league to ever see the point of supporting it again. At least in it's current form anyway.

Have a nice day everyone!

That is correct whether you choose to believe so or not. I actually wish I could be excited about hockey again like everyone else, but I'm still too soured by this league to ever see the point of supporting it again. At least in it's current form anyway.

Have a nice day everyone!

Archived