Welcome to canucks.com Vancouver Canucks homepage

Photo
- - - - -

2013 Season Predictions

Discussion

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
41 replies to this topic

#31 Merci

Merci

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,320 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 06:43 PM

1. Bomb Season due to Kesler being injured for entire duration
2. Draft Seth Jones
3. Trade Luongo to Florida for Matthias, and Huberdeau
4. Start next season with following roster

Sedin Sedin Burrows
Booth Kesler Kassian
Higgins Matthias Huberdeau
Malhotra Lapierre Hansen

Hamhuis Bieksa
Edler Garrison
Jones Tanev

Schneider

2 cups in a row

Keslerific, on 25 May 2014 - 4:47 PM, said:

Gaunce is wayy cooler though, Gaunce is the kind of guy you want to bring with you to Costco

vPTJpcO.jpg

#32 Canada Hockey Place

Canada Hockey Place

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,845 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 07:07 PM

Canucks finish in a 4-way tie for 1st in the West. Just ahead of the 9-way tie for 5th. Calgary finishes last.
A key player misses half the season aka 2 months due to a ear infection. Canucks trade for Getlaf with the LTIR space.
Luongo plays 2 games, leads all goalies in All-Star votes.
Burrows wins the Richard, sealing it in the final game while Henrik feeds him 4 goals just for lulz.
I finally win that stylish mens Bulova watch from Safeways' score and win.
Quando omni flunkus moritati

#33 zombieksa

zombieksa

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,388 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 07:47 PM

Alright, here goes(not what I want, but I think will happen):
-Schneider starts opening night
-Luongo and Schneider alternate games to start season and get Schneider adjusted to the extra back 2 back games
-Canucks begin talking about trade near deadline for a mid to high-level defenceman
-Schneider gets leveled on dirty hit by opposing playoff contender's player, carted off ice, management unsure of severity
-Luongo starts a few games in a row while Schneider is tested
-Team learns that Schneider received a very severe concussion, return not likely for rest of season and playoffs
-Lack recalled to start every 7 games or so
-Luongo and Canucks rally for fallen teammate, reel off NHL record 18-game winning streak including 4 shutouts(Lu 3, Lack 1)
-Canucks claim President's Trophy with ease, cruise into playoffs on another winning streak
-The team wears a special decal on their helmet of Cory's initials for playoffs
-Team sweeps Red Wings in first round, Preds in 2nd round
-They then beat L.A. in 5 games exercising their 2012 playoff demon
-Canucks meet Rangers in Finals rematch of 1994
-Nucks go down 3-0, all hope seems lost for the Cup
-Canucks keep season alive winning Game 4 in OT on goal by Kesler
-Before anthems for Game 5, Cory Schneider(who is still feeling the effects of the concussion) takes a cab to Rogers Arena, and makes a surprise visit before the crowd and his teammates, inspiring the Canucks
-Kesler scores a hat trick in Game 5, Luongo posts another shutout(his 4th of playoffs), and Canucks force Game 6 in New York
-Kesler uses the words to the likeness of Mark Messier before Game 6, guaranteeing they'll win the Cup.
-Canucks win Game 6 in OT on a goal by Kesler
-Canucks dominate Game 7, taking 5-0 lead and never looking back, becoming the first team since the 1942 Maple Leafs to win the Cup after being down 3-0

And there you have it...

I honestly don't know if my heart could take a season like that.
"All religion, my friend, is simply evolved out of fraud, fear, greed, imagination, and poetry."
-Edgar Allen Poe

#34 Guest_Dasein_*

Guest_Dasein_*
  • Guests

Posted 07 January 2013 - 09:14 PM

I honestly don't know if my heart could take a season like that.

At least if you make it to the end, you'd die of happiness :lol:

#35 spentral

spentral

K-Wing Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 59 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 09:17 PM

loungo gets traded before the season starts

booth plays great gets 53 points

kesler comes back mid-february, amex line is put together again and rules

raymond has a good season on the 3rd line (which gets more minutes because four lines are rolled more due to short season)

garrison does not dominate offensively but does defensively as well as look good on the powerplay with hard low shots that set up goals off of rebounds

lapierre looks great on the 3rd and is a much more punishing forechecker with the added muscle

ballard finally earns his paycheck

hamhuis pulls his groin misses 10 games but is again our best defenseman

edler still makes too many mistakes but gets 50 plus points

schroeder does not make the team out of traing camp, av uses higgins as center until kesler is back

canucks sign dan ellis as back up

salo pulls his groin in 2nd week of the season and tampa loses him for the season

#36 Guest_Dasein_*

Guest_Dasein_*
  • Guests

Posted 07 January 2013 - 09:20 PM

booth plays great gets 53 points

edler still makes too many mistakes but gets 50 plus points

In a 48-game season, our 2nd line winger and #3 defenseman get above PPG? Sweet!

#37 spentral

spentral

K-Wing Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 59 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 09:25 PM

i just realized i didnt pro rate that!!! it would be pretty sweet though...

#38 timmylu1

timmylu1

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 357 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 10:15 PM

lu will stay till next season, i think they win 1st again but not the cup i say the cup goes to LA again. canucks sign iggy :bigblush:

#39 Provost

Provost

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,275 posts

Posted 25 March 2013 - 12:50 PM

We did this last year and it was interesting as the year went on seeing who was right on the money and who wasn't.

Pick a few predictions you think for the coming season and the Canucks.

Here are mine:

- Luongo gets traded before the season is done

- Through trades/signings we end up with two new forwards and one new defenceman from outside the organization.

- Schneider has some struggles with consistency being the go-to guy in such a compressed season.

- The defence struggles trying to adjust to the absence of Salo, raising our GAA

- Higgins and Lapierre raise their game and have the most improvement

- We end up #3-5 in the conference this season

EDIT: Please don't be a troll and put useless posts in this thread. It is a place for predictions and just posting how dumb you think someone's predictions are makes you look silly. Man up and make your own prediction and when it comes true, feel free to gloat during the season.

Well it is a good time to check in on the predictions.

- No idea on Luongo now, this prediction is not looking good... it is much more likely he stays until the end of the season rather than moving by the deadline. It is even conceivable that Schneider moves.

- We have gotten one new forward (Sestito) so far, and the trade deadline looms. I can't believe we won't get at least another forward. We should also be in the market for a RH D.

- On the mark with the defence struggling. Salo's influence was really under-rated. We have not gotten any sort of chemistry or groove going on the back end.

- Half right on the next one. Higgins is doing really well... Lapierre has backslid though and needs to up his game.

- We are on track for the 3-5th place finish at the moment.
Protons have mass? I didn't even know they were Catholic!

#40 Razors_Edge

Razors_Edge

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 167 posts

Posted 26 March 2013 - 03:24 AM

I love this team, I predict the Canucks will win the Stanley Cup!!! :frantic:
  • Daniel, Henrik and Burrows whats not to love
  • When Kessler returns put him with Kassian, Higgens, Jensen or Booth (if he gets back for the playoffs) love the sound of that
  • Raymond, Hansen and Schroeder, :blink: blink & they are gone, the chemistry is there, the puck is in the net, love em
  • Lappy and crew can't think of a better 4th Love em all
  • Edler, Tanev, Bieksa, Hamhuis, Ballard Love em, Gimme Garrison on the PP and even if we dont score there wont be any compeditors left as he wrecks them with that shot.
  • Schneider or Luongo Love em both, would love to keep em both but salary cap will kill that; but maybe for this season
Give us good health and we are unstoppable, its our destiny!!! :towel: :canucks: Go Canucks :canucks:

Oh Yeah and I love the new Jerseys, :wub: I hope we are wearing them when we win the Cup!

Edited by Razors_Edge, 26 March 2013 - 03:33 AM.

Mar0113_JerseyHanging2_b_cover.jpg

I am as confused as a baby in a topless bar!  :)

#41 spook007

spook007

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 729 posts

Posted 26 March 2013 - 04:02 AM

I love this team, I predict the Canucks will win the Stanley Cup!!! :frantic:

• Daniel, Henrik and Burrows whats not to love
  • When Kessler returns put him with Kassian,  Higgens, Jensen or Booth (if he gets back for the playoffs) love the sound of that
  • Raymond, Hansen and Schroeder, :blink: blink & they are gone, the chemistry is there, the puck is in the net, love em
  • Lappy and crew can't think of a better 4th Love em all
  • Edler, Tanev, Bieksa, Hamhuis, Ballard Love em, Gimme Garrison on the PP and even if we dont score there wont be any compeditors left as he wrecks them with that shot.
  • Schneider or Luongo Love em both, would love to keep em both but salary cap will kill that; but maybe for this season
Give us good health and we are unstoppable, its our destiny!!! :towel:   :canucks: Go Canucks :canucks:

Oh Yeah and I love the new Jerseys, :wub:  I hope we are wearing them when we win the Cup!

Flower power hasn't died...or someone got laid last night...

#42 DownUndaCanuck

DownUndaCanuck

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,292 posts

Posted 26 March 2013 - 05:47 AM

OP was pretty much spot-on.

For the playoffs, I predict Chicago to run dry very quickly. Might make it to the 2nd round but their bottom-4 defence and bottom-6 forwards are really going to struggle with consistency. Their stars will only carry them past the 1st round until they run into a deep defence.

The Ducks are going deep, those big bodies are built for the playoffs, especially their defence. I could easily see a Ducks-Penguins final form.

The Canucks will go as far as their goaltending takes them. They finally have depth at forward and bigger, more physical defencemen which bodes well in the playoffs but they'll rely on goaltending more than any other team.

Right now the Penguins are an easy favourite. They breeze their way to a Cup unless Crosby's injured or Fleury lays an egg in the playoffs again. Lucky they probably won't see Philadelphia.
Posted Image

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.