Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

cmpunk

Will Bure get his number retired this season?

22 posts in this topic

Does he you think? Last I heard the owners flew to NY or something to have dinner with him. Haven't heard anything that came from that.

Just think now we know we are having a season are they planning a date?

Yes it gets retired. Really the only legit number that should be retired as he's the only one in the hall.

I only troll in search of trout and possibly salmon. I don't think his number should be retired and he obviously wants nothing to do with this franchise anymore so whats the point? He got his HoF nod, that's far more of a accomplishment then getting your number retired to a franchise with zero championships. Let it go.

It doesn't seem like they have anything planned for a possible retirement.

#10, so I guess that means Booth will have to change his number now

I only troll in search of trout and possibly salmon. I don't think his number should be retired and he obviously wants nothing to do with this franchise anymore so whats the point? He got his HoF nod, that's far more of a accomplishment then getting your number retired to a franchise with zero championships. Let it go.

I would assume it would be next season, why rush to get it done in a shortened season when they can plan it out for sometime next season

No. From what I remember hearing, I think Gillis asked him if he was OK with them retiring it, and he said he didn't feel comfortable with it. Something like that.

More like Pavel laughed in Gillis' face and told him what the real deal was.

That reply would not be fit for public consumption.

I hope Pavel never comes back here UNLESS there is an honor befitting a HHOF member that made this team for his tenure and brought so many to the game.

It is very telling that Pavel is not around and will not have his number retired.

He deserves having his number retired. It is embarassing that it wasn't done before he got in the Hall. Most talented and electric player we have ever had.

Bure's number should definitely get retired. He was the best player the Canucks ever had, and whilst I can appreciate that they normally choose players that were big in the community and so forth, this is hockey we're talking about and it is necessary to celebrate the fact that Bure was a top notch player. He practically danced the puck across the goal line game after game. Never had a player like him before him, and havn't had one since.

From the team 1040.

Friday, March 15th is the lions club dinner where Francesco aquilini gets honoured and pavel pure is confirmed as being in attendance. Thursday night home game vs Nashville but more likely Saturday night national telecast vs the Russian friendly red wings.

Very likely that one of ROH or a retiring ceremony is in the works.

Ya I heard sat mar 16 is the day Canucks will retire his jersey too

RoH is all he should get. Didn't play enough games here to deserve the teams highest honor as far as I'm concerned.