The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Who is our best option for LU?

Tangerines

There are a some rumors out there from a few different teams right now. Just for argument sake who would be our best trading partner considering the teams that are interested? What does this team need now more than anything to make a successful run for the cup? I personally like philly as a trading partner considering they have a lot of young assets. I REALLY like Couturier as someone whom is a perfect fit for this team if that is even possible. What do you guys think would help us the most out of the teams that seem interested, realistically?

Philly-Brayden Schenn

He's gritty, a playmaker, and clutch in must-win games. He's also less important to PHI than Couturier and could be traded for straight up or in a package for Luongo. If it were Couturier we were trading for, we would be the one's sending a package Philly's way.

I think we should all disregard the speculation around Philly being interested in Luongo, as we do not really know of it's true and most likely is not.

Our ideal trading partner is Toronto, and has been for a while. Toronto is the Better choice, even more so now considering Burke has been fired and Nonis has taken over. Nonis has been brought in to get this deal done, Burke has been reluctant to trade for Luongo and all he has done has stalled the deal. If Gillis plays his cards right, Luongo will be going to Toronto, and it will be for a much, much better return than what we would have gotten from Burke.

Archived