The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Be A Pro Coach Retarded?

Guest Gumballthechewy

Guest Gumballthechewy

Ok, I'm beginning to think the Be A Pro coach is the AI version of AV...

Here's the story:

I started out in the WHL (Giants, duh) as an 18 year old RW PWF, life was good, then I got drafted...

I got selected by Ottawa 5th overall (not bad, at least it was a Canadian team) and I made the team out of pre-season and was put on the 3rd line with 2nd PP and 2nd PK duties. Eventually I got promoted to the 2nd line, stayed with 2nd PP and got booted of the PK. Finally I get promoted to 1st line (at this point my overall is 80, highest of all RW's on the team) and get chucked off the PP despite leading all rookies in scoring and second in scoring on the team. Eventually, for no reason in particular it seems, I get put back on the 2nd PP. Not to mention Kyle Turris is on the 3rd defensive pairing (no PP duties) and Jesse Winchester is playing 2nd line centre. Best of all for some reason I randomly keep getting sent back to the Giants (I say randomly and keep because I reload when it happens) despite leading all rookies in scoring and second on my team...

I swear they modelled the BAP AI on Alain Vigneault....

Guest Gumballthechewy

Can you demand a trade yet? EA got that right way back in the old Madden BAPs but keep looking over it in NHL...

Guest Gumballthechewy

One time I retired at 16 years old after playing 3 WHL games, I Definitly made a mark in the hockey books with that career.

Guest Gumballthechewy

I know... On one hand it's fun as hell playing as an up and coming NHL star, on the other the AI coach is dumber than a sack of hammers...

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah BAP is pretty bad. I'm on my second year now with the Oilers won the stanley cup was playoff MVP and regular season MVP. Won the goal and scoring titles. Tried multiple times to get traded in first year but was met with demotions.

Second year now asked for trade and was told i'm not worth much for a return so NO. LOL

Ok so get this start on 1st line

Game 1 3G 0A

Game 2 5G 0A

Game 3 1G 3A

Game 4 2G 5A

Coach demotes me to second line WTF!!! (I hate the OILERS...Just trade me already)

Guest Gumballthechewy

I lead my team in scoring on the 1st line, didn't even get moved to the second, was just sent straight back to the WHL...

Archived