The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

(Report) Sabres Luke Adam on the block?

vancanfan

Me.

And I'm definitely not a big Raymond fanboy.

Luke Adam went on a hot streak playing with an unbelievably talented shooter Thomas Vanek and a good player in Pominville. He then lost all offensive production which was covering up for his lack of effective defensive play. He's slower than Jason Allison. He is putting up numbers in the AHL right now similar to what Raymond puts up in the NHL on a regular basis.

Wanna stat that will make you cringe? Raymond had more hits and hits per game than Luke Adam last season.

Raymond, although ineffective in the playoffs is a good PKer and 3rd liner in the regular season. Luke Adam isn't even invited to training camp for good reason.

I'm just saying, Luke Adam is so slow that despite his 'size' he doesn't really get physical. He can't keep up with the play.

His only ability really is in front of the net.

He isn't a center in the top-9 on a contender, if a rebuilding team wants to try him on the 3rd line, that's the only possibility I see for him.

He cant be that slow, he won rookie of the year honors with 49 goals 2 yrs ago, you are trying to make him sound like a pylon.

He can skate as well as Gaunce if not better who is also an iffy skater,

His abilities are in front of the net and in the corners, 2 places Raymond is invisible.

Haha that is certainly the truth about Raymond.

I don't think Adam has ever scored 49 goals at the pro-level.

He once scored 49 goals as a 4th year in major junior.

Anyway, he is being criticized for his defensive play, and he lacks a physical presence despite his size. These two flaws are a product of his slow skating. He doesn't fit on this team, unless he wants to be a 4th line LWer... in which case I don't see him being as valuable as Mason.

He was over a point a game in his rookie year 2010 and 2011, 29 goals and 33 assists, with Portland of the AHL.

Too early to call him a bust plus his play has picked up lately, if he can be had for a good price, he has size and has played with Kassian, has the skill.

Just because Buffalo doesnt have him in camp doesnt mean he wouldnt fit well elsewhere.

Archived