The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Should we split up the Sedins for the first month or so?

Bananas

Permanent:

Yup... a month or so, so roughly 1/6th of the season. Definitely too close to permanent. 12-ish games... HUGE compared to "the odd shift". SO PERMANENT :rolleyes:

Are you going to contradict yourself again? Or are you going to "walk away with your tail between your legs"?

Glad you agree that a month or so is a "permanent" line compared to playing a some shifts on other lines or even an entire period.

This should be the lineup when the Sedins need to be split

Burrows Hank Kesler

Dank Schroeder Kassian

Booth Santorelli Higgins

Weise Richardson Hansen

Edler Garrison

Hamhuis Bieksa

Stanton Tanev

Luongo

Lack

or

Burrows Hank Kassian

Dank Kesler Higgins

Booth Santorelli Schroeder

Weise Richardson Hansen

Considering you refuse to acknowledge anything else I'm posting, I figure you aren't worth anything more.

Just a tip, maybe you should edit your post and at least spell the word "people" correctly - else it makes you appear what you said about me.

This should be the lineup when the Sedins need to be split

Burrows Hank Kesler

Dank Schroeder Kassian

Booth Santorelli Higgins

Weise Richardson Hansen

Edler Garrison

Hamhuis Bieksa

Stanton Tanev

Luongo

Lack

Could do. I'm liking Kesler as a winger (which is what should have happened way back in the Hodgson days but thats a tale for another time). I'd like to see more Dank-Schroeder shifts, cuz this change was pretty late in the game last night and I only noticed one shift.

Kassian... I wish he'd play with more energy... that's all he needs to do is keep his feet moving. The rest will come.

I think Higgins - Hansen is a must-have duo. Those two play very well together.

Could do. I'm liking Kesler as a winger (which is what should have happened way back in the Hodgson days but thats a tale for another time). I'd like to see more Dank-Schroeder shifts, cuz this change was pretty late in the game last night and I only noticed one shift.

Kassian... I wish he'd play with more energy... that's all he needs to do is keep his feet moving. The rest will come.

I think Higgins - Hansen is a must-have duo. Those two play very well together.

If Jensen can step in we would have a sexy fourth line

Burrows Hank Kesler

Dank Schroeder Kassian

Booth Santorelli Jensen

Higgins Richardson Hansen

Weise

a well balanced team with depth, offensive skill and hard to play against imo

Burrows Hank Kesler

Dank Schroeder Kassian

Booth Santorelli Jensen

Weise

Gotta wonder about Jensen sometimes. I think he'll make the jump next year, though, not this year.

I think it is safe to say that whom ever they put with the Sedins will have success. The problem is that we are really thin at center. No surprise that whom ever plays with Henrik will score, the problem is that we are really only a one line team at this point. I have said Kesler is not a center for 5 years now and would make a great winger. He is multi talented and can play both but is much more effective as a winger. I believe Santorelli should play with Booth like they did in Florida and let Burrows have a shot at center when healthy to play along Kesler and Higgins. I also believe Tortorella will eventually try these lines so it will be interesting to see the results. Splitting up the Sedins will put different strengths with Henrik but is not a long term solution. A second line center to play with Kesler would be,,, (Please hurry Horvat!)

If we are going to split up the Sedins, I'd like to try Daniel on a line with Kes and Higgins.

Daniel is seen as a shooter only because he plays with Hank and, someone has to shoot the puck every once in a while. But Daniel seems to prefer passing to shooting on many occasions from what I have seen, and his play making ability is not far off from Hank's, if not just as good. But Daniel is not as good defensively as Hank, he admitted that himself. So pairing him with Kes will give him the chance to be a play maker and set up Kes and Higgins, a role he seems comfortable in while Kes can lead the defense of that line. Hank can center a line of Burr and Kassian (not convinced by his play thus far, but since he is still young and developing and the organization has high hopes for him, we will see).

I keep forgetting about the Booth-Santorelli connection.

I think the Sedins should be split up until either;

A - Schroeder can be established as a second line center. Currently, we just don't know if he's there yet. He's never really played with good line-mates.

or

B - Trade for a real second line center. Kesler needs to play wing for us. That is what this team needs right now.

Between Schroeder and Santorelli, I think we have our 3rd line center unless we score a new Malhotra in a trade. Richardson needs to be on the 4th line before we can be considered deep.

Burrows Hank Kesler

Dank Schroeder Kassian

Booth Santorelli Jensen

Weise

Jensen isn't ready yet.

This shows what one more top-9 forward could do to this lineup. Maybe we'll add another piece at the deadline?

I've always considered Higgins-Hansen one of the better 3rd line winger pairings in the league, but if we were able to add one more piece to our top-9, we would have one of the deeper forward lineups in the league if Kesler can continue to play well at wing (which is where I think he belongs), Schroeder can finally prove that he is top-6 material (I think he can) and Kassian can consistently start playing that north-south game that helps you win in the playoffs and starts using his skillset (etc. hands, speed, physical tools) more often.

Burrows - H. Sedin - Kesler

Daniel - Schroeder - Kassian

Booth - Tuomo Ruutu (a player of his caliber be it center or wing) - Santiorelli

Higgins - Richardson - Hansen

If Booth can continue to get more minutes as the season goes on, this would be a deadly bottom-6 to play against in the playoffs with everyone thriving under Torts' system (a fast/gritty bottom-6). It would also be a big help if Kesler, Schroeder and Kassian could play to their potential in their respected positions. ;)

I think we're one piece away from having a much deeper hockey team.

Archived