#1 miles2025

miles2025

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 363 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 02:20 PM

Hi,

I just moved to Calgary and obviously want to watch Canucks games, so I ordered centre ice. However, I just checked my TV listings and the next three Canucks games not broadcast nationally or in Alberta (Jan 25 vs ANA, Jan 27 vs SJS, & Jan 30 vs COL) are not showing up as being broadcast on Centre Ice. Yes, other NHL games are showing up.

I just spoke to Shaw (about something different) and the girl kept running back to talk to her supervisor so I'm not going to bother trying to call them back.

Is there anybody in Calgary who (last season) ordered Centre Ice? How many Canucks games do you get?

#2 SkeeterHansen

SkeeterHansen

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,140 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 02:24 PM

You should get all of them, shouldn't you? :huh:

/=S=/

#3 miles2025

miles2025

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 363 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 02:30 PM

Yeah, that's why I ordered Centre Ice. But this is my first time ordering it, and I don't really know any rules surrounding blackouts, so I'm curious as to what the experience has been for other Canucks Fans in Calgary.

Maybe the games will show up after all, but if they're not, I'm going to try and cancel my subscription to get my money back. When you combine nationally broadcast games, VAN/CAL games, and VAN/EDM games broadcast in Calgary, I'm getting about half the season for free anyways

#4 VanCityNuck

VanCityNuck

K-Wing Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 59 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 02:31 PM

I live in Edmonton and got it last year, I was able to watch every game. They are blacked out on Centre Ice if the game is either on CBC or TSN, then you can just watch them on cable.

#5 MikeyD

MikeyD

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,237 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 02:48 PM

Its cuz its on reg cable. Center oce games are only on those channels when its snet pacific. Check cbc channel. T hey have all games for canucks ever since the they stopped the ppv games

Posted Image

#6 miles2025

miles2025

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 363 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 02:55 PM

The three games I referred to in the original post are being broadcast on Sportsnet Pacific only, which is why I think they should be on Centre Ice. But when I check the guide on my TV and scroll over to those days, they don't show up.

VanCityNuck, did you order Centre Ice again this season? If so, are you able to look ahead and see if those three games are being broadcast?

#7 WHL rocks

WHL rocks

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,615 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 03:30 PM

The Canucks are the late game on CBC tonight, broadcast nationally. They are not on CI.

#8 WHL rocks

WHL rocks

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,615 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 03:32 PM

I live in BC and It's not on CI. I checked earlier. It will only be on CBC

Edited by WHL rocks, 19 January 2013 - 03:32 PM.

#9 The Belfast Cowboy

The Belfast Cowboy

K-Wing Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 44 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 03:43 PM

I also live in Alberta, and have had Center Ice for at least 8 years now. I am not sure exactly how long as since I moved here I feel like Bill Murray in Groundhog Day. As someone mentioned above, the only games you will not get are games broadcast on TSN or CBC. Also any games against the Oilers or Flames you will have to watch the Sportsnet West feed instead of on Center ice, which unfortunately for those games means you will have to listen to the Flames or Oilers broadcast crew which is brutal and painful. It should give you a better appreciation for our crew.I have watched all 82 Canucks games a year for several years now, so you won't miss any games.

#10 pwnstar

pwnstar

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,311 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 04:32 PM

Kinda lame i missed out on the pens game, watched the kings get owned though!

Posted Image

#11 saskanuckfan

saskanuckfan

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 257 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 04:36 PM

yes. it is sooooo painful to listen to the Flames/Oilers crews who whine and complain about the Canucks consistently. Biggest homers ever. They should actually be embarrassed by the way they call a game... most unprofessional Canadian hockey broadcasters anywhere

#12 TheMalamute

TheMalamute

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 899 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 04:37 PM

CBC

Posted Image

#13 Canucks_Fan81

Canucks_Fan81

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 204 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 04:41 PM

I also live in Calgary and have been ordering NHL Centre Ice since it was originally introduced to Shaw. I can tell you that I never missed a single Canucks game, so you should be good to go.
Posted Image

#14 Dogbyte

Dogbyte

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,972 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 04:57 PM

No worries ... as everyone else has pointed out.

"What players need is the right kind of strength and power. That includes learning to understand that leverage and positioning can be just as important as raw strength when it comes to winning battles in the game. It's more about timing and athleticism --and avoiding injury--than it is about how much you can bench press. I don't know how many times I've seen a guy with the physique of a defensive end line up a guy half his size, only to bounce off when he connects. Sure, there is room in the game for big guys who can throw their weight around. But for the most part, players are smart enough to see them coming--and strong enough to protect the puck when they arrive. There are trainers out there who know how to devlop hockey-specific strength--though a trainer can help only if a player follows the program. All too often, I've seen players sign up with the best trainer, but not show up for their workouts and never to reap the benefits."

Bobby Orr - ORR MY STORY Viking 2013

#15 ahf149

ahf149

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,880 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 05:47 PM

I used to live in Calgary, I almost bought Centre ice until I found out that I needed HD, and I didnt have an HD box where I was living...that was the worst thing about living in Alberta, is not being able to see the Canucks on an every day basis! Ugh. If the games are played Nationally (CBC) it wont be on Centre Ice. Same if its on Sportsnet West. Thus it will be be "blacked out".

Go Canucks Go!
Life is short, LIVE IT

#16 Deets

Deets

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 254 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 06:15 PM

Im a Vancouverite living in Cowtown as well. I've been here for two years now and have had the Center Ice package for the last year trying to do the streaming computer thing for half a season when I moved here. Its kinda a rip off, but Bettman has you by the balls if you dont want to miss a game.
THE WORST :angry: PART is when the Flames are playing on local channels you have NO CHOICE :sick: but to listen to the Flames commentators......... :picard:

I would think, for the price I pay a month I would have a choice to watch either feed. You can see the channel listed in the center ice channels, but Bettman is so cheap that he will black you out for those games just cause.

#17 ILL BILL NECRO

ILL BILL NECRO

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 431 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 07:27 PM

I just have my PC hooked up to my HDTV and use hockeystreams.com.... For 60 bucks you get the whole season HD streams of all games and if u miss a game you can watch it on demand in HD..... Its dope...
Posted Image

#18 Aris

Aris

K-Wing Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 07:33 PM

I've been living in Calgary for almost 5 years from BC ... If your watching Canucks games on Sportsnet West, what I do is watch the game but put the TV on mute and run the TEAM 1040 stream on your computer to hear better commentary. It's not perfect but definitely way better than listening to commentary from Sportsnet West. Just a thought ...

Posted Image

RIP Demitra, Rypien and Bourdon

#19 masutheakita

masutheakita

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,692 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 07:35 PM

At least you are in a canadian city. I don't think they play Canucks anywhere in the East Bay. :(

(NorCal)

#20 miles2025

miles2025

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 363 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 09:15 PM

Thanks guys. Sounds like I should be fine, as I'd hoped/expected.

Masutheakita, Centre Ice is only ~$50 for this season and is available anywhere in the States (depends on your cable provider though)...if you're a big fan then maybe give it a shot!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.