#93 VoiceOfReason_

VoiceOfReason_

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 439 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 12:18 AM

Yes.....The 80's are over.

I only wanted to hear Deep Purple so many times in my life.

Why oh why is a 3 piece bandof old men playing during every damn commercial break.

#94 KingstonCanuck

KingstonCanuck

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 143 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 11:50 AM

Strangely, while the reaction to the new intro has been unfavourable thus far on CDC, there are more 'likes' than 'dislikes' on the Youtube clip. :blink:

I think most of the likes are geared towards the video projections and the sync. The imagery is pretty cool...the music selection is some of the worst in the league. If they're not going to bring U2 back, they'll at least have to have to do better than this.

Any problem caused by a tank Edler can also be solved by a tank Edler.

#95 kilgore

kilgore

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,791 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 01:08 PM

sound:
Ok....that sucked. Cheezy tinny cheap sounding tunes that sound like they were made up a week before in someones Mom's basement with a Casio. Its almost as if the "braintrust" in head office told DJ Dave to come up with something on his own...something "electronic" because that's what all the kids listen to these days. Total fail. But please......no more U2!....I can't believe how many unimaginative posters on here that think the only good choice, after that debacle, is going back to that tired old tune by U2. I'm with others that say kick it up a notch...AC DC or RATM

graphics:
And the graphics were just as bad. Way too busy. Too many photos flashing on and off. If they were simply abstract images or stylized it might be ok, but actual photos? That kind of dizzying display turns into a headache on ice. I did like the ice lines catching fire at the start...that was promising. They should lose all those snapshots and just make up a great animation. Why not fuse in some of that Olympic ceremony stuff with the whales swimming and surfacing with those flaming lines. Then breaking through the ice...it would relate to their logo at least.

30rw2li.jpg   ..................... Put Gino in the Ring of Honour!  .......................  2hg788l.jpg

#96 exhalebritishcolumbia

exhalebritishcolumbia

K-Wing Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 02:58 PM

This is just awful (Sorry, DJ Dave). STICK WITH U2!!!
It would be awesome if they changed everything back to the way it was in the 2010.11 season. The entrance song (WTSHNN) with the goal song (Holiday). I love the goal song we have now, but Holiday was even better, in my opinion. Both songs give me goosebumps whenever I hear them!
U2 energizes the crowd perfectly (especially during the playoffs with TOWEL POWER!!!). The song starts off slow and calm and starts building up with the sirens. I think it gets a lot of fans into it.

#97 Vansicle

Vansicle

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,610 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 03:04 PM

It should be this. No vocals, no singing. Just the music on a loop.

Snake Doctor, on 23 May 2014 - 10:41 AM, said:snapback.png

Miller is not on our list. It's Lack as our #1. There is no reason we would have traded both Schnieder and Luongo if we never intended to give Lack the #1 starting job.  Furthermore, the salary and term Miller is looking for is not in our favor.

#98 250Integra

250Integra

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,464 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 03:11 PM

Now we have the worst intro in the league to go along with the worst goal song.

naslundsig5.gif14326903821.giftowel.gif
Thanks for the Memories Canada!!!
Thanks for everything Naslund!
Original creator of the WWE and the Rate my sig / Showoff thread

#99 westbeach80

westbeach80

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 233 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 04:01 PM

DJ Dave did a great job with the intro! It's cutting edge and unique to Vancouver. Personally, I would love to hear Deadmau5 - Professional Griefers (Instrumental Version) when the players come out on the ice. More punch to it!

http://youtu.be/MdApRljBcQk

#100 EddieVedder

EddieVedder

K-Wing Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 94 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 04:22 PM

I only wanted to hear Deep Purple so many times in my life.

Why oh why is a 3 piece bandof old men playing during every damn commercial break.

I agree... Havent met one person who's cared for the house band.

#101 elvis15

elvis15

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,838 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 12:43 PM

Here's the latest from the Project NU2:

I want to run - I want to hide

One song. Two sentences. Eight words. Twenty-one letters. Too many varied opinions to count.

When the Vancouver Canucks were introduced for their regular season opener last Saturday night, they skated out to DJ M.E.G.’s Stock-Holm; that song was once again played Sunday night, before Map of the Problematique by Muse ushered the Canucks out Wednesday against the Calgary Flames.

Yes, the Vancouver Canucks are officially on the hunt for a new entrance song.

Judging from the response Kathy Anderson got when discussing U2, it’s a hot topic.

Again, U2’s Where the Streets Have No Name will no longer be the only song played when the Canucks skate onto the ice; it will still be used, in rotation, with a handful of other songs, none of which the Canucks are locked into.

We do things different on the West Coast, as is reflected in the recently released Our Team, Our Way campaign, featuring everything that makes living and playing hockey in Vancouver unique.

In sticking with that, the hunt for a truly original song began; it’s time the Canucks skated out to something fresh in hopes of firing the team and the fans up to provide the ultimate home ice advantage en route to the ultimate prize.

While no song suggestion is bad, we’ve come up with some criteria for what we’re looking for musically:

-It should drive energy and anticipation of the upcoming battle

-Something unique you won’t hear in any other arenas or stadiums

-A timeless quality (Sorry, Gangnam Style supporters)

-It must resonate with our large, diverse Canucks family

-Must have a huge impact in a short amount of time (the team’s only skating for 1-2 minutes and the first few seconds are critical)

-Should possess an anthemic je ne sais quoi

Obviously we’re looking to avoid all outdated/cliché songs, and also tunes with narrow appeal. While AC/DC’sThunderstruck, Beautiful People by Marilyn Manson and anything from Metallica is frequently heard with other teams, it’s a new season and it’s time for a new song for the Canucks.

That’s where you come in. Your opinion matters to us, so have your say below. Your voice will help determine the future.

Clearly, they're open to suggestions, just so long as no one takes Bruce Allen up on his idea to hire Chad Kroeger to write something for us. There is a submission form there to put in your ideas, and they'll consider it for one of the possible intro songs.

c3c9e9.pnganimalhousesig.jpg

Tanev is going to EDM. I can put my life savings down on it

#102 WiDeN

WiDeN

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,754 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 12:46 PM

Damn kids and their damn techno.

V a n c o u v e r C a n u c k s

MirandaKerr.jpg
2 0 1 5 S t a n l e y C u p C h a m p i o n s

#103 elvis15

elvis15

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 21,838 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 12:55 PM

Damn kids and their damn techno.

Well you aren't going to like my suggestion then...

I submitted my choice, even though I love the U2 intro:

It has that EPIC movie sound building as a part of an opening video right up to 0:57 - where it could pause and the announcer could say, "Ladies and Gentlemen, your Vancouver Canucks!" - at which point the music could begin again with the drop into the dubstep. I'm not even a fan of dubstep but I think this actually makes sense from a musical standpoint.

#104 Edlerberry

Edlerberry

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,245 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 01:05 PM

Map of the Problematique was close, but I like either New Born or Hysteria better for an intro
July 7-2013

Toronto will take a step back next year.
Feel free to quote me.

July 8-2013

Wow I can't believe peoples replies...
Im done here. You people are disgusting..

#105 FireGillis

FireGillis

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,351 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 01:08 PM

Boring! Bring back U2! That intro didn't get me pumped at all.

Proud member of 2015 tank nation! :towel:

#106 The-Impersonator

The-Impersonator

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,749 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 01:33 PM

Fair enough with respect to the seahawks. The one thing that is different though is how loud their fans get. I've only been to one game in Seattle (an easy win because colts played their backups in the second half) and it was way louder than any Canucks game I've been at, playoffs included.

Maybe you missed it but I agree with you in keeping U2! I know what you mean about the connection as I made it to the second game against Chicago that year. I just meant that IF they change the intro (shouldn't) it should be to something that isn't softer than a Chris Tanev slapshot haha. I realize my suggestion is generic, but this isn't art class and there aren't bonus points for being creative. Those kind of songs are popular because they pump up the players and also the fans

This is my vid from the Seahawks into vs SF on the Sunday night game. Atmosphere was electric. First video is player intro.

The 2nd vid is after the after the player intro and raising of the 12th man flag (Canucks lamely tried the raising of a 7th man flag for a couple games and it was a disaster) listen to the crowd get amped up and when the intro to "kick start my heart" comes on before kick off the place explodes. Seahawks fans know how to be loud!

#107 DeltaSwede

DeltaSwede

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,455 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 03:53 PM

http://youtu.be/cH_kNJvsoaA

It has that EPIC movie sound building as a part of an opening video right up to 0:57 - where it could pause and the announcer could say, "Ladies and Gentlemen, your Vancouver Canucks!" - at which point the music could begin again with the drop into the dubstep. I'm not even a fan of dubstep but I think this actually makes sense from a musical standpoint.

I actually like it, surprisingly. Still think Outro by M83 should get a look. I am all for keeping U2 but both of these are nice options.

MMjJiLv.gif

Shinckarukak

#108 Bodee

Bodee

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,257 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 03:59 PM

Is this too blatant? :bigblush:

Kevin.jpg

#109 Miller32

Miller32

K-Wing Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 63 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 04:22 PM

I like it

Edited by Miller32, 24 January 2013 - 04:24 PM.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

#110 Laoag

Laoag

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 428 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 04:32 PM

anyone have video of "map of the problematic" being played? ive been suggesting that song for years!

#111 Ray Canuck

Ray Canuck

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 552 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 04:44 PM

I'm liking the Sick Puppies suggestion
Posted Image
"Never argue with an idiot. They will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience."
Mark Twain

#112 elvis15

elvis15

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 21,838 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 05:28 PM

I actually like it, surprisingly. Still think Outro by M83 should get a look. I am all for keeping U2 but both of these are nice options.

That was my reaction too, surprise. I was looking for epic sounding movie and gaming music and cam across a playlist of a bunch of the Gladiator epic type songs, and this one stuck out with the electronic mixed in.

As far as the M83 song, that's pretty slow for the most part, although I could see it as a buildup song in a video before the Canucks take the ice.

#113 WiDeN

WiDeN

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,754 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 05:36 PM

http://youtu.be/cH_kNJvsoaA

I love it until it hits the dubstep. I can't stand that stuff.

I do like the beginning though.

MirandaKerr.jpg

#114 WiDeN

WiDeN

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,754 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 05:46 PM

This would be my choice:

This is what made me fall in love with this song:

MirandaKerr.jpg

#115 elvis15

elvis15

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 21,838 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 07:08 PM

I love it until it hits the dubstep. I can't stand that stuff.

I do like the beginning though.

I don't find it so 'dubsteppy' as all the Skrillex stuff that I know I don't like, if that makes sense. I found it to be a reasonable blend and really seemed to fit the bill of what they're looking for - not just another Gladiator clone song, and not just classic rock so it'd appeal to a younger audience.

We'll see, lots of suggestions on the Fort Nucks page I linked before as well.

#116 Blacklabel

Blacklabel

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 296 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 07:16 PM

#117 i love semin

i love semin

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 351 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 08:49 PM

I think the worst thing DJ Dave ever did was come to this board for suggestions. The U2 intro had become a part of Canucks history and culture. It was amazing, it gave me chills. And then because some 14 year old with zero taste made a thread complaining that it didn't "rock" hard enough, it gets thrown in the trash.

#118 FallenCR7A

FallenCR7A

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,048 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 09:08 PM

http://canucks.nhl.c...vid=DL|VAN|home

Posted Image

Formerly pflaumEnSaft

#119 NP-4815162342

NP-4815162342

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 490 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 09:12 PM

Welcome to the jungle would be sweet

#120 NP-4815162342

NP-4815162342

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 490 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 09:12 PM

Welcome to the jungle would be sweet

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.