Welcome to canucks.com Vancouver Canucks homepage

Photo
- - - - -

Please Call Up Schroeder Now

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
24 replies to this topic

#1 RyanKeslord17

RyanKeslord17

Canucks First-Line

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,895 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 11:24 PM

In no way am I suggesting that JS will come in here and save the Canucks, but seriously, he needs a chance, NOW. Ebbett is a decent player, we saw that tonight, but he can't play on the second line. He just doesn't have that ability.

We look like we don't have any life, we look terrible defensively and on the rush. JS will at least bring some energy and skill to that second line. Ebbett cannot setup Raymond and Kassian like the way JS can, it's pretty clear to see that.

Stop with the BS reclamation projects. Barker will not get a chance to replace ANY D on our team. Vandermeer is ok because he does bring toughness to the table.

We are in absolute dire need of some youth and energy. Cut Barker or Alberts and call up Schroeder and give the kid a chance already!

Edited by RyanKeslord17, 19 January 2013 - 11:25 PM.

Posted Image

#2 canuck_trevor16

canuck_trevor16

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,657 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 11:26 PM

no room 23 Roster limit max.........we must waive someone.......maybe send down Tanev since we overload on defenseman since he is not waive eligible yet

One day some of us will look back on the year and look at the chicago, and most of us will realize that it was a small bump in the road to the cup

WIN THE CUP FOR SALO CAMPAIGN

#3 Dragonfruits

Dragonfruits

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 13,260 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 11:28 PM

well apparently were not going to carry 12 forwards 9 defense 2 goalies for long so someone from the 9 defense is either being sent down or traded so a forward can come up

#4 etsen3

etsen3

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,998 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 11:33 PM

I wouldn't pin my hopes on a rookie who has never played a game, but it might be worth a shot. Not trying to bash Ebbett but he is in the wrong role. Schroeder is more talented, if he can put it together for even a little while he could be a good temporary fill in. Like I said it doesn't hurt to try.

#5 Opmac

Opmac

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 10,526 posts

no room 23 Roster limit max.........we must waive someone.......maybe send down Tanev since we overload on defenseman since he is not waive eligible yet

Yeah, that's the only way this is happening.

Posted Image

#6 Where's Wellwood

Where's Wellwood

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,368 posts

AV made pre-game comments that we wouldn't carry 9 defense for very long so something will change soon.

14diqh3.jpg
Credit to khalifawiz501 for the sig.
"There is a time and place for everything but not now."

http://forum.canucks...a-bros-game-on/

#7 Pablo

Pablo

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 966 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 11:36 PM

Send down Tanev

#8 Peaches

Peaches

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,771 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 11:37 PM

Send down Vandermeer, not Tanev.

Tanev was excellent tonight.

Feminism will be outlawed. Mostly because it's a backwards idiotic viewpoint that doesn't serve any real progressive purpose.

Nobody breaks from Mafia... Mafia breaks YOU!

CDCFL - Montreal Canadiens GM
CDCEHL - Winnipeg Jets AGM

#9 nuck nit

nuck nit

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,117 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 11:38 PM

The raw rookie is going to save us?
This ain't practise anymore, Keslord.

#10 Hugemanskost

Hugemanskost

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,382 posts

Tanev will be the player who goes to Chicago only because he is waiver eligible.

Schroeder will get a chance, but, will do little. Too small... AHL skills, at best... With the Canucks, he will be a guy that gets called up and sent back down until his eligibility runs out. Then, he will be dealt or will spend the majority of his time in Abbotsford, after this year.

Looks like another blown 1st rounder, to me, but, let's see what he can do with a call up... if he gets one.

webkit-fake-url://D8829558-F65F-49B9-9829-A7DFC7F2E6E4/application.pdf

:towel: :canucks:

#11 Ossi Vaananen

Ossi Vaananen

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,049 posts

Just so everyone knows, Schroeder hasn't played either game for the Wolves since being sent down. I highly doubt he's even down there, and is probably still in Vancouver.

2d7ye0p.jpg

Credit to -Vintage Canuck-

#12 N4ZZY

N4ZZY

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,166 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 11:41 PM

I say. Give Schroeder a chance. He is more offensive minded, and more offensively gifted than Ebbett.

AV is only going with Ebbett because he's the vet. But he's in the wrong role. The second line is a mess.

#13 Hugemanskost

Hugemanskost

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,382 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 11:41 PM

Send down Vandermeer, not Tanev.

Tanev was excellent tonight.

We just signed the guy to add some muscle. He would get plucked on the waiver wire in a second. Tanev goes down, not based on his play, but, because he doesn't have to clear waivers.

Edited by Hugemanskost, 19 January 2013 - 11:43 PM.

webkit-fake-url://D8829558-F65F-49B9-9829-A7DFC7F2E6E4/application.pdf

:towel: :canucks:

#14 Canuckfan1968

Canuckfan1968

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 962 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 11:42 PM

Maybe they play him tomorrow in Edmonton.

#15 OmgOmgOm_g

OmgOmgOm_g

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 137 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 11:43 PM

Have a feeling AV's gonna try Barker and Vandermeer the next two games to see who gets the cut to bring Schroeder up. I don't see anything good in Ebbet's game. He's a good fourth liner when we need some goals, but we can't have him center our second line.
made you look

#16 RyanKeslord17

RyanKeslord17

Canucks First-Line

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,895 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 11:44 PM

The raw rookie is going to save us?
This ain't practise anymore, Keslord.

I, for one, am absolutely sick of you constantly having zero faith in Schroeder. Yes, I understand it was just a scrimmage, but regardless, he possessed some skill and looked pretty darn good out there. What exactly did your hero Ebbett do for us tonight? He looked so lost out there. He doesn't even know what to do in the offensive zone.

I'm hoping JS gets his chance and proves to us what he can do, and believe me, you'll be surprised.
Posted Image

#17 Hunter.S-Kerouac

Hunter.S-Kerouac

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,942 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 11:45 PM

pretty sure that wont make a difference. We need Kassian and Jensen 2016 edition

#18 James van Riemsdyk

James van Riemsdyk

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 375 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 11:58 PM

pretty sure that wont make a difference. We need Kassian and Jensen 2016 edition

We need Team of the Week Kassian and Jensen edition of NHL 2016
Posted Image
Edmonton Oilers CHL AGM
Edmontion Oilers SRHL Commissioner/GM

#19 Laoag

Laoag

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 469 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 12:06 AM

why not get rid of ebbett? seriously... he does not fit on the team. i rather see JS play and go through his learning curve over ebbett squeezing the last bit of life out of his NHL career.

Edited by Laoag, 20 January 2013 - 12:07 AM.

#20 Laoag

Laoag

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 469 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 12:08 AM

I, for one, am absolutely sick of you constantly having zero faith in Schroeder. Yes, I understand it was just a scrimmage, but regardless, he possessed some skill and looked pretty darn good out there. What exactly did your hero Ebbett do for us tonight? He looked so lost out there. He doesn't even know what to do in the offensive zone.

I'm hoping JS gets his chance and proves to us what he can do, and believe me, you'll be surprised.

He turned Raymond into an effective player... RAYMOND!! thats a feat...

#21 Bure1994Mclean

Bure1994Mclean

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,807 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 12:09 AM

He'd probably play just as well as Ebbett right now, which isn't saying much. That second line needs a spark, Raymond just seems like he's reverting back to his old perimeter style of play and Kassian, with all the time spent in the AHL, just doesn't seem to have figured out his role quite yet.
OMG SUNDIN.

The word fear is not in our dictionary, it is in the eyes of the enemy.

The objective of war is not to die for your country, it is to make the enemy die for theirs.

One generation plants the trees, the other gets the shade.

#22 Kesler's Nose

Kesler's Nose

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 757 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 12:24 AM

I'd send Vandermeer down, we don't need him at the moment. I'd put Barker in over Tanev and call up Schroeder definitely after tomorrow if Ebbett doesn't step it up and at least get an assist or a goal if we're lucky.

I'm not sure on the status of the contract that Vandermeer signed or if he can even be put down in the minors for now, but out of the roster players we have at the moment he's the most expendable. :mellow:

"It's an opportunity, we don't look at it as a last chance... We look at it as an opportunity to do something great. We are going to take it period by period, shift by shift. You just have to be better than the guy across from you... Every guy in this locker room I can say believes we can do this." - Ryan Kesler

Posted Image

#23 elvis15

elvis15

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 22,591 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 12:43 AM

This is why we can't have nice things have a PGT and a "Schroeder sent down to the AHL" thread.

#signsthelockoutisover

c3c9e9.pnganimalhousesig.jpg

Tanev is going to EDM. I can put my life savings down on it

#24 Opmac

Opmac

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 10,526 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 12:57 AM

Just so everyone knows, Schroeder hasn't played either game for the Wolves since being sent down. I highly doubt he's even down there, and is probably still in Vancouver.

Which is interesting. He was cut Friday morning, so it made sense he didn't dress last night. He did not play again tonight.

Posted Image

#25 freebuddy

freebuddy

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,116 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 01:59 AM

Schroeder AND Ludwig
Posted Image

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.