The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

(Proposal) Vancouver-Washington(If Schneider starts playing good after a couple of weeks)

Holtby did not look good at all yesterday. Holtby is only starting because of his stellar performance in the playoffs. I think Luongo would be a good fit in Washington if Holtby continues like this and Schneider plays good. I know it's only one game that's why I would only make this trade in a couple of weeks if Holtby's play continues and Schneider's play improves. It's not entirely the goalies fault, we were out of position, but there is no way we should allow seven goals to Anaheim or at all. So I would wait a while to even trade a goalie.

To Washington: Roberto Luongo, Mayson Raymond, Chris Tanev, 1st 2014, Possibly some more mid prospects/Picks to get the deal done.

To Vancouver: Marcus Johannsen, Karl Alzner, Troy Brouwer.

Brouwer is from Vancouver and Alzner is from Burnaby.

Lineup(Without Kesler and Booth)

Sedin-Sedin-Burrows

Higgins-Johannsen-Kassian

Hansen-Lapierre-Brouwer

Volpatti-Malholtra-Weise

Desbiens-Ebbett

Edler-Garrison

Hamhuis-Bieksa

Ballard-Alzner

Alberts/Barker

Schneider

Lack

Lineup with everybody.

Sedin-Sedin-Burrows

Booth-Kesler-Johansen

Hansen-Higgins-Kassian

Lapierre-Malholtra-Brouwer

Volpatti-Ebett-Weise

Edler-Garrison

Hamhuis-Bieksa

Ballard-Alzner

Alberts-Barker

Schneider

Lack

Thoughts?

Long answer:

So, since all the goalies involved looked not so great after one game, both teams become logical trading partners. Can't forget they only trade because our goalie (who played worse than their goalie last night) gets better and they clearly have no other options to go to. Not only that, but in their clear state of desperation still manage to come out on top in the deal being offered.

Short answer:

See all the other answers in all the other Van-Wash proposals.

I would rather not include Tanev. I would like to have a Tanev Alzner pairing. Shutdown abilities.

In the past would love to have Brower but now with next years cap, don't want to trade for a 3.6 mil man on the 3rd.

To Washington

Luongo Raymond + picks/prospects

To Vancouver

Johansson and Alzner

I am sure that Washington is itching to get rid of a their 22yr old and 24 yr old 1st rd picks. I am sure that a 33 yr old keeper with a huge contract and a small forward that has not bounced back from a broken back two years ago will get it done. Don't forget about the salary, Wash sends 2.1, Van sends 7.5..

Washington can't do it fast enough

I am sure that Washington is itching to get rid of a their 22yr old and 24 yr old 1st rd picks. I am sure that a 33 yr old keeper with a huge contract and a small forward that has not bounced back from a broken back two years ago will get it done. Don't forget about the salary, Wash sends 2.1, Van sends 7.5..

I love how some people say that we shouldn't give Tanev in that deal as it would be too much.

If anything, that is a trade that heavily favours us. We would probably have to throw in something extra like Hansen to get that deal done.

Not an ideal trade in any regard as we aren't in THAT much of a hurry to get younger.

Archived