D-Money

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,772 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 04:34 PM

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=414315

AVS' DOWNIE TO UNDERGO SEASON-ENDING KNEE SURGERY

DENVER -- The Colorado Avalanche will be without Steve Downie for the rest of the season after the forward tore his ACL against Los Angeles on Tuesday night.

The team announced Wednesday that he will soon undergo surgery.

Downie left the game in the second period as the Avalanche rallied for a 3-1 win over the Kings. He had an assist in the season opener in Minnesota last weekend.

Acquired from Tampa Bay last February, Downie was an immediate contributor, scoring two goals and dishing out 11 assists in 20 games with the Avalanche.

After the season, Colorado signed the 25-year-old to a two-year deal.

Downie was a first-round selection of Philadelphia in the 2005 draft.

You can file this with the Eager concussion under "It Couldn't Happen To a Nicer Guy".

But for the Avs, this hurts. Downie has been great for them. And O'Reilly is still in Russia. They need to do something quick, or their whole season will be over in no time.

If I were them, I'd call it a season. Deal O'Reilly to NYI for Nino and Bailey, and go for another lottery pick. Start fresh next year.

Edited by D-Money, 23 January 2013 - 04:42 PM.

Posted Image

#2 Froggy Fresh

Froggy Fresh

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,928 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 04:47 PM

Today couldn't get any better. News of injuries to my 2 most hated players in the NHL. Beautiful. Absolutely beautiful.

Posted Image

Credit to (>'-')> for the amazing sig!

#3 -Vintage Canuck-

-Vintage Canuck-

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 68,893 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 04:49 PM

@stevepinizzotto
Feel for Steve Downie... Tough missing a season

307mg00.jpg

#4 elvis15

elvis15

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 20,455 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 04:54 PM

Not that the Avs were expected to compete for the Cup or anything, but this certainly puts them in a tough spot to get out of the bottom of the West let alone the playoffs.

c3c9e9.pnganimalhousesig.jpg

Tanev is going to EDM. I can put my life savings down on it

#5 G.K. Chesterton

G.K. Chesterton

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 11,045 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 05:12 PM

Where will I get all my PIMs from now? :(
“Reason is itself a matter of faith. It is an act of faith to assert that our thoughts have any relation to reality at all.” - G.K. Chesterton

“Unbelief is as much of a choice as belief is. What makes it in many ways more appealing is that whereas to believe in something requires some measure of understanding and effort, not to believe doesn't require much of anything at all.” - Frederick Buechner

“All human nature vigorously resists grace because grace changes us and the change is painful.” - Flannery O'Connor

“My argument against God was that the universe seemed so cruel and unjust. But how had I got this idea of just and unjust? A man does not call a line crooked unless he has some idea of a straight line. What was I comparing this universe with when I called it unjust?” - C.S. Lewis

#6 Dragonfruits

Dragonfruits

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 12,495 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 05:15 PM

no need for saying downie deserves to be injured for the rest of the season people pathetic on your part

#7 TOMapleLaughs

TOMapleLaughs

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 31,621 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 05:28 PM

These type of players are often hurt.
Posted Image

#8 Froggy Fresh

Froggy Fresh

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,928 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 05:35 PM

no need for saying downie deserves to be injured for the rest of the season people pathetic on your part

True. He deserves to be injured for the rest of his career. He's a garbage player who tries to injure opposing players. He's part of the few scum players in the league.

Posted Image

#9 Dragonfruits

Dragonfruits

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 12,495 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 05:47 PM

again pathetic wishing to have someone be injured for any amount a time ya he is a dirty player but doesn't mean he deserves to have a career ending injury

#10 Froggy Fresh

Froggy Fresh

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,928 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 06:00 PM

again pathetic wishing to have someone be injured for any amount a time ya he is a dirty player but doesn't mean he deserves to have a career ending injury

When you try to end another players career, yours deserves to be ended as well. Like I said, he's a garbage player who goes out of his way to injure players. There's no place for idiots like him in this league.

Posted Image

#11 Jai604

Jai604

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,033 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 07:30 PM

Really thought he was taking strides towards cleaning up his game, a-la-Matt-Cooke but I suppose sometimes Karma has a long memory.

RIP LB RR PD

#12 Sugar baby watermelon

Sugar baby watermelon

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,349 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 04:53 AM

Where will I get all my PIMs from now? :(

yeah, same here, I had to drop him and Lupul from my fantasy teams, jeez, hope they heal fast and get back into the game

#13 MistaT

MistaT

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 479 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 11:26 AM

Was watching that game - he was a mission to hit everything and over exerted himself to reach someone....borderline charging.

THink he has cleaned up his game though (at least last year.)
Form is temporary, class is permanent.

Canucks, baby!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.