The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Discussion] Roberto Luongo Trade Thread 5.0

What you have failed to acknowledge was my initial criticism as to your player evaluations being entirely incorrect. I suppose you want me to take your failed logic and criticize the Canucks set up man for not scoring, or of how Garrison is bad for having scored last game? Come on... people around here clearly give you too much credit.

Didn't look very defensive when he "cleared" the puck right up the middle to Joe Thornton, leading to San Jose's opening goal and the floodgates being burst open. I believe he had a similar blatant error against either the Ducks or the Flames; clearing failure leading to an opposing goal.

Even the most optimistic of Jason Garrison fans can't seriously think that he's been anything better than shaky. With regards to his "goal", that will be saved by a PeeWee goalie 90% of the time. Varlamov was sleeping (like 90% of the audience, in his defense).

Meanwhile, in Tampa Bay...

Didn't look very defensive when he "cleared" the puck right up the middle to Joe Thornton, leading to San Jose's opening goal and the floodgates being burst open. I believe he had a similar blatant error against either the Ducks or the Flames; clearing failure leading to an opposing goal.

Even the most optimistic of Jason Garrison fans can't seriously think that he's been anything better than shaky. With regards to his "goal", that will be saved by a PeeWee goalie 90% of the time. Varlamov was sleeping (like 90% of the audience, in his defense).

I don't understand how people even coming in thought the Keys were Cory's. It's a tandem, and I wish these stupid reporters who has the same questions every interview and multiple times in every interview with a different twist would realizes that it's not Cory's team, it's not Roberto's team they share it.

Maybe the "stupid reporters" aren't so stupid after all. Ferraro, again, said today that Schneider's agent, who he was a former teammate of, is certainly not at all happy about this. This is not what they signed up for in June. Schneider turns 27 in March. 27! Lu was 27 when he arrived as a Canuck, and by then he was already a very well-established, perceived elite NHL goaltender.

Schneider, meanwhile, has played in 72 NHL games.

Lu's not going to be getting traded if he continues to obviously outplay Schneider. And I would argue that it does make sense for the team to move him. This team has looked very mediocre. Colorado, last night, may well have been the worst-iced team in NHL history, and Vancouver did not show up for the first 10 minutes of the game. Had it not been for sheer luck from Lu's knob and subsequent luck by Colorado shooting the rebound from that sequence square at Lu's back (who was far out of position), that game may have been much different.

Keeping Lu will also not do anything positive for Schneider's confidence, regardless of how mentally strong you all think he is. He's still human. And he's still not yet a starting NHL goaltender.

...yes, that's the point.

That precisely tells you that the interest just isn't there. Some teams might be interested - if, as Gillis suggested, we take back some of their cap crap in return. What does that tell you? The market has spoken. And I don't see how the price goes anywhere but down - but please, feel free to share the ways in which you think Lu's value will rise. 34 years old. Big money, big term. GM is in a known conundrum.

Wow, aren't you the one who argues that stats are the be all, end all and goals going of Hodgson's ass and in is just as good of a goal because the bottom line is the bottom line (production)? I'm really not one to freak out over two goals against, so get back to me at the later this year.

People said the same crap about Hamhuis until they started to notice the little things and I believe I've seen Hamhuis gift wrap passes that lead to goals before as well (not just his epic fail there in game #5 OT vs LA). Heck, Edler does it from time to time as well and don't get me started on the $6.5m Phaneuf and his plethora of gaffes...

Maybe the "stupid reporters" aren't so stupid after all. Ferraro, again, said today that Schneider's agent, who he was a former teammate of, is certainly not at all happy about this. This is not what they signed up for in June. Schneider turns 27 in March. 27! Lu was 27 when he arrived as a Canuck, and by then he was already a very well-established, perceived elite NHL goaltender.

Schneider, meanwhile, has played in 72 NHL games.

Archived