#1561 Dragonfruits

Dragonfruits

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,607 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 06:22 PM

You mean MaJo?

Johansson is nicknamed "Mackan" and "MoJo" by fans and comes from a hockey family.[2]

from wikipedia solid source

as for aquiring him i would love to have him on this team either as 2nd line or 3rd line center would be a great fit for this team

Edited by captaincanuck88, 03 February 2013 - 06:23 PM.

#1562 Merci

Merci

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,320 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 07:22 PM

Holtby is a perfect back up.

Johannson is a perfect 3rd line C

Brouwer is the 3rd line grit that will put us over the top.

Keslerific, on 25 May 2014 - 4:47 PM, said:

Gaunce is wayy cooler though, Gaunce is the kind of guy you want to bring with you to Costco

vPTJpcO.jpg

#1563 cripplereh

cripplereh

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,577 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 07:36 PM

To me if I were MG I would put together two or three deals and forward to
the caps
Panthers
TML's
Flyers and tell all teams I have sent out deals to more then 2 teams and this is my final deal for you and see who bites first!
That way you get what you want and play them back and forth for the next two days and tell them 1 day to think about it and get back to me.look over what deal is best then trade Luo.This way the other GM's will be calling each other and will know whom the teams are and one should bite by then and a deal is done.if none bite then keep Luo till trade deadline and put deals together for teams looking and get what he wants.I can't see us keeping two number ones till then and thats why I think MG has to do something sooner then later and get it done!Or Luo wnts to goto the panthers give them 24 hours then ask the others and tell luo a deal cant be done with them so move on.
Posted Image

#1564 WHL rocks

WHL rocks

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,615 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 07:45 PM

Holtby is a perfect back up.

Johannson is a perfect 3rd line C

Brouwer is the 3rd line grit that will put us over the top.

This is it. I'd take this package for Luongo + Raymond and Sauve.

#1565 WHL rocks

WHL rocks

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,615 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 07:59 PM

Edited by WHL rocks, 03 February 2013 - 07:59 PM.

#1566 Goal:thecup

Goal:thecup

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 611 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 08:01 PM

??

Yeah, sorry about that; I meant to quote the guy who couldn't figure out who MoJo was; he seemed still lost after your previous attempts to help.

#1567 70seven

70seven

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,108 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 08:29 PM

Johansson is not imo a good player to fill the role of 3rd line C. He's under sized, and bad on faceoffs with a carreer avg of 42%. He is -7 in 7 games this year, with zero points, and zero hits.

He does have some offensive upside, but the other downfalls of his game at the moment out weigh what he could potentially provide on the score sheet.

Brouwer is a perfect fit. He's 27 years old 6'2" - 214lbs. Hes a -2, but has 3 goals, 4 points, and 21 hits in 7 games this season. He's also 50% on the draw after 48 attempts and is averaging 19 mins of ice thus far. Plus he's a local kid, and would likley be jacked to play here.

Potentially having him on either the 2nd or 3rd line would give us added depth, and make the Canucks that much harder to play against.

Brouwer, Forsberg, Neuvirth/Holtby would be SOLID return.

Edited by 70seven, 03 February 2013 - 08:30 PM.

#1568 Teemu Selšnne

Teemu Selšnne

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 10,199 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 08:34 PM

Johansson is not imo a good player to fill the role of 3rd line C. He's under sized, and bad on faceoffs with a carreer avg of 42%. He is -7 in 7 games this year, with zero points, and zero hits.

He does have some offensive upside, but the other downfalls of his game at the moment out weigh what he could potentially provide on the score sheet.

Brouwer is a perfect fit. He's 27 years old 6'2" - 214lbs. Hes a -2, but has 3 goals, 4 points, and 21 hits in 7 games this season. He's also 50% on the draw after 48 attempts and is averaging 19 mins of ice thus far. Plus he's a local kid, and would likley be jacked to play here.

Potentially having him on either the 2nd or 3rd line would give us added depth, and make the Canucks that much harder to play against.

Agreed, get Brouwer over here..

Brouwer, prospect, goalie & a 2nd.

#1569 Pears

Pears

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,511 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 08:39 PM

Agreed, get Brouwer over here..

Brouwer, prospect, goalie & a 2nd.

Brouwer, Kuznetsov, Holtby & a 2nd for Luongo?

In my eyes drouin is overrated he can score in the qmjhl but did nothing in last two gold medal games that canada lost. Fox will be better pro than him talk to me in five yrs

Gaudreau has one NHL goal whereas all your "prized" prospects have none.

ryan kesler is going to the chicago blackhawks ...       quote me on it

#1570 Teemu Selšnne

Teemu Selšnne

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 10,199 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 08:50 PM

Brouwer, Kuznetsov, Holtby & a 2nd for Luongo?

Well, whichever prospect GMTL is fine with moving out of

Kuznetsov
F. Forsberg

Who would be steals

or

Tom Wilson
Stan Galiev

Who have good value and are probably more realistic.

My bet is they're probably more interested in keeping Holtby over Neuvirth, but that is debateable.. What I could see happening is also a 3-way deal. Snow would probably prefer to have a young goalie he can re-sign even with DiPietro's big contract, and between the two Caps goalies, they're both RFAs, so he would at least get some longer term value from. Since, Schneider is young an exp. back-up makes more sense for the Canucks.. so maybe something like:

To Vancouver: Troy Brouwer, Evgeny Kuznetsov/Forsberg, 2nd pick from WSH, Evgeni Nabokov
To Washington: Roberto Luongo, Mason Raymond, 4th round pick from NYI
To NYI: Michael Neuvirth

Broken down:

Vancouver trades Luongo, Raymond for Troy Brouwer, Evgeny Kuznetsov, a 2nd round pick and Nabokov

WSH trades Brouwer, Kuznetsov, Neuvirth and a 2nd for Luongo, Raymond and a 4th

NYI trades Nabokov and a 4th for Neuvirth

#1571 Merci

Merci

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,320 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 09:02 PM

Forsberg is years away from making the NHL. And he's a winger

We need Johanssen now, he isn't huge but he isn't tiny either.

I am not sure how Forsberg makes us better than Johanssen, he'd be a better 3rd C than Schroeder thats for sure.

Keslerific, on 25 May 2014 - 4:47 PM, said:

Gaunce is wayy cooler though, Gaunce is the kind of guy you want to bring with you to Costco

vPTJpcO.jpg

#1572 cdubuya

cdubuya

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,382 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 09:32 PM

If Washington (or any team for that matter) is in on one of our goalies I think the Canucks need to go big or go home. I don't want a 3rd line C. We have depth up the middle for when Henrik starts to decline. What would it take to pry ovi out of Washington. Schneider would be a huge chip. Booth may have some value if he comes back strong. Raymond and Hansen as well. I know that this isn't enough to land him but if you throw in enough of these pieces plus some of our better prospects plus however many firsts it would take to land him why not make a run?
Posted Image

#1573 Yotes

Yotes

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,410 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 09:37 PM

brouwer, perreault/wolski, conditionial 1st

for

luo
raymond

Brouwer is an upgrade over raymond without a doubt.

I also wouldnt mind trying to get wolski from them somehow, he has good playmaking skills.

#1574 Ossi Vaananen

Ossi Vaananen

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,904 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 09:43 PM

Am I the only one who has noticed that Galiev is in the ECHL right now? An injury also put him out for half of the 11-12 season. I'll pass as a thrown in or otherwise.

2d7ye0p.jpg

Credit to -Vintage Canuck-

#1575 sampy

sampy

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,068 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 09:47 PM

If Washington (or any team for that matter) is in on one of our goalies I think the Canucks need to go big or go home. I don't want a 3rd line C. We have depth up the middle for when Henrik starts to decline. What would it take to pry ovi out of Washington. Schneider would be a huge chip. Booth may have some value if he comes back strong. Raymond and Hansen as well. I know that this isn't enough to land him but if you throw in enough of these pieces plus some of our better prospects plus however many firsts it would take to land him why not make a run?

I agree. No more secondary players, trade a bigger package for elite.
Backstrom would be the best target. Better all round player and cap friendlier.
There no way The Caps are trading Brouwer. They just traded for him, signed him and is playing on their top line.

#1576 thad

thad

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,216 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 09:49 PM

I am not sure how Forsberg makes us better than Johanssen, he'd be a better 3rd C than Schroeder thats for sure.

Burrows is a better 3rd line center than mojo right now. Forsberg is high end talent. I would take Forsberg in a heartbeat.

#1577 Pears

Pears

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • 16,511 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 09:52 PM

I agree. No more secondary players, trade a bigger package for elite.
Backstrom would be the best target. Better all round player and cap friendlier.
There no way The Caps are trading Brouwer. They just traded for him, signed him and is playing on their top line.

Wait, you just said Backstrom would be the best target then after that said there is no way the Caps trade Brouwer? Huh??

In my eyes drouin is overrated he can score in the qmjhl but did nothing in last two gold medal games that canada lost. Fox will be better pro than him talk to me in five yrs

#1578 sampy

sampy

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,068 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 09:59 PM

Wait, you just said Backstrom would be the best target then after that said there is no way the Caps trade Brouwer? Huh??

Sorry, meant to say Backstrom is their most valuable player and MG should at least ask. I don't think Backstrom or Brouwer are available.
IMO MG should try for Forsberg and a goalie. The Caps got Forsbeg and a 2nd in the Valarmov deal, so it's win win for the Caps.

Edited by sampy, 03 February 2013 - 10:00 PM.

#1579 Pears

Pears

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • 16,511 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 10:01 PM

Sorry, meant to say Backstrom is their most valuable player and MG should at least ask. I don't think Backstrom or Brouwer are available.
IMO MG should try for Forsberg and a goalie.

Oh ok that makes more sense. IMO I think any Luongo to Washington trade should be centered around Brouwer. As others have said he would add that third line grit which would more than likely put us over the top.

#1580 oldnews

oldnews

Declining Grinder

• Members
  • 14,889 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 10:09 PM

That's for sure, is it?
Or maybe the grass is simply greener.
Johanssen is not the third line C type. He's actually a fairly poor defensive player at this stage. His underlying numbers were not very good last year, and he's off to a bagel in 7 games with a -7. He's earned himself a spot in Oates' doghouse as a result, and has his share of work to do, as many young centers do, to handle the defensive side of the game at the NHL level.
I'm not going to say Schroeder is better, or Schroeder will be better that's for sure, but at this point, he already has the trust of AV, is playing entirely unsheltered minutes, is taking his share of d zone starts and face offs, and is faring pretty damn well under a fair amount of pressure to step in and play well. He's probably the better two way player, and the extra time he spent in Chicago developing his game to suit the Canucks imo makes him a better fit than Johanssen, at least in the short term.

#1581 Chicken Souvlaki

Chicken Souvlaki

K-Wing Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 80 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 10:21 PM

If we have a chance at getting Forsberg for Lu we take it and run. Sure he's a little ways a way from making the NHL but he's and 18 year old who already has an NHL calibre release and isnt afraid to get physical. Think Corey Perry.

#1582 Smashian Kassian

Smashian Kassian

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 14,350 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 10:29 PM

Because they're Maple Leafs, and most Canuck fans' inferiority complex won't allow them to admit that anyone on the Maple Leafs are any good.

Yeah, I got no argument against that.

zackass.png

#1583 Mr.Habitat

Mr.Habitat

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,646 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 10:30 PM

Mobile

#1584 Smashian Kassian

Smashian Kassian

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 14,350 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 10:31 PM

Why is Van looking to trade Lou? For the same reason I support Gillis's move to trade Lou the same applies to Brzy. Lou would be an upgrade since his 'playoff' troubles have been less than those of Brzy. Three strong games by Lou doesn't change the fact that CS is fundamently a better tender, cost less and has a shorter contract. I don't write Philly off.

Actually, we have another starting goalie, Bryz is all Philly has. And Bryz is playing great. I agree Schneider is our guy, but Philly isn't in contention for Lu aslong as Bryz starts playing as well as he are.

zackass.png

#1585 sampy

sampy

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,068 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 10:36 PM

If we have a chance at getting Forsberg for Lu we take it and run. Sure he's a little ways a way from making the NHL but he's and 18 year old who already has an NHL calibre release and isnt afraid to get physical. Think Corey Perry.

Or better yet Peter Forsberg....

Edited by sampy, 04 February 2013 - 12:38 AM.

#1586 RockNroLLa.

RockNroLLa.

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,074 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 10:41 PM

Luongo Ballard 1st for Green Brouwer Forsberg.

Salary going that way about 9.5 mil and coming back this way about 9.7 mil

or Lu Ballard 1st and Raymond for Green Brouwer Forsberg and a goalie

or Lu Ballard Shredder for Green Brouwer and Wilson

I like Green cause he would help our PP and hes had a 56 73 and 76 pt seasons before comparable to our 3rd best offensive player Kes with 59 73 and 75 pt seasons. Also he is a right hand shot. It would be like having an Ehrhoff on roids.

Knock on him is his health and has a limited ntc.

Sedins Kass
booth Kes Burr
brouwer Lappy Hansen
Higgy Manny VolP

Hammer Juice shutdown
Eddie Green firepower
Garrison Tanev balanced

Cory
backup

what do guys think?

#1587 allkill326

allkill326

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,270 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 10:44 PM

Luongo Ballard 1st for Green Brouwer Forsberg.

Salary going that way about 9.5 mil and coming back this way about 9.7 mil

or Lu Ballard 1st and Raymond for Green Brouwer Forsberg and a goalie

or Lu Ballard Shredder for Green Brouwer and Wilson

I like Green cause he would help our PP and hes had a 56 73 and 76 pt seasons before comparable to our 3rd best offensive player Kes with 59 73 and 75 pt seasons. Also he is a right hand shot. It would be like having an Ehrhoff on roids.

Knock on him is his health and has a limited ntc.

Sedins Kass
booth Kes Burr
brouwer Lappy Hansen
Higgy Manny VolP

Hammer Juice shutdown
Eddie Green firepower
Garrison Tanev balanced

Cory
backup

what do guys think?

Vancouver wins heavily. Trade is unlikely to happen. I suggest you revise your offer sheet.
Posted Image

#1588 RockNroLLa.

RockNroLLa.

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,074 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 10:48 PM

Vancouver wins heavily. Trade is unlikely to happen. I suggest you revise your offer sheet.

I know lol..one can dream tho.. throw in rodin and billy sweat haha

#1589 allkill326

allkill326

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,270 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 10:49 PM

I know lol..one can dream tho.. throw in rodin and billy sweat haha

Add Cannata, just like cherry on top? :lol:
Posted Image

#1590 RockNroLLa.

RockNroLLa.

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,074 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 10:52 PM

Add Cannata, just like cherry on top? :lol:

than they would have to add Ovie fosho

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.