#1 The Creature Blue Lagoon

The Creature Blue Lagoon

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 104 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 10:01 PM

POPULAR

Going to my obligatory one game a year for the Chicago game and I wanted to post as a build up to what I feel is one of the most anticipated match-ups of every year.

Something that's been bothering me is the lack of fan participation; its pathetically quite and complacent in Rogers Arena for most games. I understand that posts have been made regarding fan participation in the past, however I post this specifically for the Chicago Feb 1 game.

In less than one week our biggest rivals are entering our barn and I refuse to allow them to come into an environment less than hostile.

I will be in the rafters with the rest of the non corporate fandom, and I WILL BE MAKING NOOOOIIIIISE.

Seriously, who's with me. Lets rip the roof off of the Arena this Friday.

Edited by scarface173, 26 January 2013 - 10:01 PM.

#2 CanucksSayEh

CanucksSayEh

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,352 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 10:14 PM

Should put thumbtacks on the hawks bench.

#3 The Creature Blue Lagoon

The Creature Blue Lagoon

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 104 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 10:15 PM

POPULAR

Should put thumbtacks on the hawks bench.

That might be the only way to get some noise in the building........ :picard:

#4 CanucksSayEh

CanucksSayEh

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,352 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 10:17 PM

That might be the only way to get some noise in the building........ :picard:

I want it to be quiet so I can hear Duncan Keiths screams echo through the building.

#5 Blackberries

Blackberries

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,406 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 10:21 PM

definitely going to be going to this game.
Posted Image
Movember Kassian

#6 The Creature Blue Lagoon

The Creature Blue Lagoon

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 104 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 10:23 PM

I want it to be quiet so I can hear Duncan Keiths screams echo through the building.

We haven't forgotten..... :emot-parrot:

#7 Kass9

Kass9

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,847 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 10:40 PM

I think we have the most quiet crowd during the regular season because we are just waiting for the playoffs....
We know we're gonna make it and we will be loud during the playoffs... We get pretty loud when it matters.

#8 Alexander.Edler

Alexander.Edler

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 916 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 12:04 AM

the hawks play the wings, then wild, before they play us. If they were to win both those games they would be undefeated coming in to face us. Then I hope we smoke them and ruin their perfect record Muahahaha(evil laugh)

Posted Image

#9 Bijannucksfan

Bijannucksfan

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 494 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 01:17 AM

Kassian vs. Keith

#10 Markus Alexander Cody

Markus Alexander Cody

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,640 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 01:20 AM

Too bad they don't allow you to bring in those vuvuzela's.... Remember FIFA World Cup in South Africa in 2010?

Posted Image

credit to allons-y

Certainly going to be our #1 defensemen. Give him a couple more years to improve his game and he'll be our new and improved version of Matthias Ohlund in no time

Posted Image

^Truth

#11 Ugli Fruit

Ugli Fruit

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,862 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 01:23 AM

Volpatti and Weise will have big roles in this game. They will need to go out ad punish the Hawks for that cheapshot.

Formerly known as LordofBrussels

There we have it folks, we have literally blamed everyone for everything at this point

Posted Image
Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image
Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

#12 DaMacNamedDre

DaMacNamedDre

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,032 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 01:23 AM

Hopefully Kassian and Volpatti have a gentleman's bet on whoever stretchers Keith first.
Clean hit of course.
Send a message boys and make Keith an example so guys stop gooning the Twins.
___________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Posted ImageBodee, on 18 April 2012 - 11:07 AM, said:

I haven't been a supporter of the Canucks for long. Mainly because firstly I know nothing about NHL and secondly ESPN America only started showing NHL 3 years ago.

http://forum.canucks.com/topic/328055-whats-wrong-with-me
_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

#13 Opmac

Opmac

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 10,526 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 01:55 AM

Kassian vs. Keith

Something tells me it's going to be Alex Burrows vs. Duncan Keith. Burrows is Daniel Sedin's linemate and the two have fought twice in the past. Though they did play together at the 2012 World Championship together, so I don't know if hatchets have been buried.

Posted Image

#14 Spotted Zebra

Spotted Zebra

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,013 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 02:00 AM

Going to the game as well. Bit the bullet and paid the extra for LowerBowl seats, we got 6 in a row so there won't be any suits where we are.

Third year University students saying prices aren't thatbad especially if it's abuddy or two coming with you, a family is understandable though
Posted Image
Thanks Vintage Canuck!

#15 Avicii

Avicii

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,363 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 02:51 AM

This is where where i'd say Vandermeer comes in handy.

Go out, concuss Keith, put him out for the rest of the year, take the suspension and walk away smiling.

Just kidding, kind of..

Edited by Django, 27 January 2013 - 02:51 AM.

Posted Image

#16 FelixPotvin29

FelixPotvin29

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 125 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 09:47 AM

Went to my first canucks game last year in chicago and we beat em 5-2. Sitting in the upper bowl wearing my jersey. Man i thought i was going to die. That is one loud arena.

As much as I hate the hawks, I love that we have a huge rivarly. Makes the games more exciting and hopefully encourages the fans to make some noise.

#17 aca11

aca11

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 486 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 10:13 AM

Something tells me it's going to be Alex Burrows vs. Duncan Keith. Burrows is Daniel Sedin's linemate and the two have fought twice in the past. Though they did play together at the 2012 World Championship together, so I don't know if hatchets have been buried.

That means more hair pulling from Burrows

#18 Kassian's Face

Kassian's Face

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 682 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 10:16 AM

lol good thread, I will be making lots of noise, but it will be from my couch.

#19 LeanBeef

LeanBeef

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,247 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 10:31 AM

Weird, I dreamt that there were a ton of fights in a game vs the blackhawks.

Hansen vs Hossa
Raymond vs Hjalmarsson
Burrows vs Bolland
Bieksa vs Bickell

Sig too big.
"Being a Canuck fan, maybe sometime down the road be a Vancouver Canuck.... that would conquer all my dreams"
-Milan Lucic

#20 Cromeslab

Cromeslab

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 841 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 10:43 AM

Been looking forward to this game since last season.Mainly I hope we get the win and don't take any BS from the hawks,and if Keith gets his we'll that would be icing on the cake
Posted Image

"Where you've been is good and gone,all you can keep is the gettin there"Townes Van Zandt

#21 DaMacNamedDre

DaMacNamedDre

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,032 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 11:03 AM

Please call up Vandermeer and green light him to take a suspension taken out on Keith.
Justice needs to be served, on a stretcher.

An example needs to be made so EVERY TEAM in the league is served notice that the days of cheap shotting Vancouver's best assets , unanswered, are over.

a Vandermeer-Volpatti-Wiese combo should be matched up against Keith until he is taken away by ambulance.

(* Flame away Kumbaya types but you know it's long overdue )
___________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Posted ImageBodee, on 18 April 2012 - 11:07 AM, said:

I haven't been a supporter of the Canucks for long. Mainly because firstly I know nothing about NHL and secondly ESPN America only started showing NHL 3 years ago.

http://forum.canucks.com/topic/328055-whats-wrong-with-me
_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

#22 The-Impersonator

The-Impersonator

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,727 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 11:08 AM

Vandameer used to play for the hawks. Pretty sure he's got a little respect to not take Keith out. Volpatti may tune Keith up

#23 CanucksSayEh

CanucksSayEh

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,352 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 11:34 AM

Please call up Vandermeer and green light him to take a suspension taken out on Keith.

An example needs to be made so EVERY TEAM in the league is served notice that the days of cheap shotting Vancouver's best assets , unanswered, are over.

a Vandermeer-Volpatti-Wiese combo should be matched up against Keith until he is taken away by ambulance.

No, If ya gonna do something stupid, wait till a week before the playoffs to do it.

Edited by CanucksSayEh, 27 January 2013 - 11:39 AM.

#24 Dragonfruits

Dragonfruits

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 12,498 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 11:37 AM

stupidest idea ever were not going to be known for the team that brings up a player just to get suspended it will be completely obvious its crap like this that gives canuck fans a bad name

#25 Ugli Fruit

Ugli Fruit

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,862 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 11:41 AM

Yeah and get the entire NHL pissed at us. That's always good, right?

I mean, Keith can go get clotheslined by Byfuglien. Or get a slapshot to the face by Chara. Personally, I could give a f***. But doing so will pretty much ruin our chances of getting any fair reffing for the next 2 seasons. Mark my words. If we do something like that to Keith, we won't make it out of the game without at least 2 game misconducts and suspensions.

Formerly known as LordofBrussels

There we have it folks, we have literally blamed everyone for everything at this point

Posted Image
Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image
Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

#26 nuck luck

nuck luck

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 561 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 11:50 AM

"Burrows is used to be Daniel Sedin's linemate...", fixed. Now it's Kass, so he will be the one standing up for him :) I'm really excited to see if the Hawks still play the Sedins the same way when Kass is lined up with them :)

#27 TimberWolf

TimberWolf

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,398 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 11:54 AM

Kassian vs. Keith

Won't happen.

Keith will hide and the Hawks will sic goons on Kassian and claim he was too chicken to fight if he doesn't dance with them. Keith won't be fighting Kass, best to accept that now.

I was saying Lu-Urns...

star-wars-hockey-goal.gif?w=284

#28 Opmac

Opmac

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 10,526 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 11:54 AM

"Burrows is used to be Daniel Sedin's linemate...", fixed. Now it's Kass, so he will be the one standing up for him :) I'm really excited to see if the Hawks still play the Sedins the same way when Kass is lined up with them :)

Duncan Keith is not going to drop the gloves with Zack Kassian though. Kassian's a light heavyweight in the league while Keith doesn't fight and is probably a featherweight.

If Keith fights, it's going to be with somebody like Alex Burrows, Keith Ballard, Maxim Lapierre, or Jannik Hansen. I'm sure Aaron Volpatti, Dale Weise, Kevin Bieksa, and Kassian will all challenge him, but he's not going to go with these guys and get his face smashed in.

Posted Image

#29 TowelPower82

TowelPower82

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 132 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 11:57 AM

I think we have the most quiet crowd during the regular season because we are just waiting for the playoffs....
We know we're gonna make it and we will be loud during the playoffs... We get pretty loud when it matters.

That is the worst post and worst attitude of team support I have seen. Every game matters. You cheer for the team not the game!
Posted ImageGo Canucks GoPosted Image

#30 CanucksSayEh

CanucksSayEh

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,352 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 11:58 AM

Bieksa is the most appropriate opponent for Keith. Both top pairing D-men of equal size. This isn't exactly a situation that calls for a fair fight though. Take every shot you can at him without taking a suspension. Do it all year every game.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.