The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Why Corey Perry Jumped Ballard...

Droj

As Shorty and Cheech were signing off, Cheech said Murph just talked to Ballard and the reason he was so choked in the penalty box was that he had been challenging Perry to fight all game (would assume since the Edler hit when Bally stepped in) and he didn't want to go, then Perry jumped him at the end. Straight up coward move by Perry.

I thought that's what they used to say about Kesler when he was playing 3rd line centre shutdown. He talked alot trash but didn't fight or win his fights. I think when he did fight lecavelier beat him good.

You can hate Cory for his cheap shots but at least he fights and scores. It's the same thing as what people said (Cheap, dirty?) about Kesler and Burrows until they became top producers here they stopped mostly. Im sure any Canuck fan would love Cory Perry playing on Canucks top 2 lines. This is not figure skating here every team needs some nastiness as long its not Keith type elbow to Daniel. Although I'm guilty of liking Bure's payback elbow to Churla

As Shorty and Cheech were signing off, Cheech said Murph just talked to Ballard and the reason he was so choked in the penalty box was that he had been challenging Perry to fight all game (would assume since the Edler hit when Bally stepped in) and he didn't want to go, then Perry jumped him at the end. Straight up coward move by Perry.

Perry's a great player who has a bit of an issue keeping his cool, and doesn't always like to back up his smack. It costs his team sometimes, but in other instances he is able to make an opposing player take a stupid penalty.

Ideally he should figure out if he wants to be an agitator or a tough guy (of course in addition to one of the leagues best PWF) and not try to be both.

But lets all face it people, if Perry was on the Canucks we would love him. If Burrows was a Duck we would hate him. Such is the life of a guy who plays a style meant to antagonize the opposing team, Perry just has the issue of letting people who come back at him get under his skin from time to time.

We have players who are despised throughout much of the league such as Burrows, Lapierre, and Kesler. I bet other fan bases would say the same things about not wanting them on their team, but if they were able to get them, they would instantly be fan favourites.

Take it from myself, when I play hockey I'm an agitator, and a really annoying one at that. When I was younger opposing teams fans/parents absolutely hated me. I was getting booed and jeered by adults as a 14 year old. But a few seaons later if I was playing with their kid on the same team, they would love me, and say how great it was for me to be on their team.

So how do/did you feel about the following players:

Ruutu

Cooke

Torres

Lapierre

Burrows

I know you'll only hate the top 3 because the other two are "current" canucks but I would guess the rest of the league views them pretty much the same way (or worse) than you view Perry.

Archived