The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Man claiming to be pastor leaves waiter note: ‘I give God 10%. Why do you get 18?’

dudeone

When was the last time dudeone posted an article of substance? It seems like now it's nothing but dreck and runoff from other news sources, and this one certainly isn't worthy of its own thread. Christians not behaving like Christians, whoop de doo, what else is new.

This kind of stuff is exactly Christians behaving like Christians. The main underlying problem with Christianity is that they believe that Jesus died on the cross absolving them of the consequences of sin. They realize that no one could possibly ever live exactly like it says to in their interpretation of the bible, so why bother trying? They're saved and therefore it doesn't matter how they act a belief and acceptence of Jesus absolves them of any wrongdoing.

This kind of stuff is exactly Christians behaving like Christians. The main underlying problem with Christianity is that they believe that Jesus died on the cross absolving them of the consequences of sin. They realize that no one could possibly ever live exactly like it says to in their interpretation of the bible, so why bother trying? They're saved and therefore it doesn't matter how they act a belief and acceptence of Jesus absolves them of any wrongdoing.

I don't really want to get too into this here, but that's actually not true. The part of Christians believing in Jesus dying for their sins absolving them of going to hell is true. However, it does not completely absolve them from their sins. They are still judged for their sins, just at a different level.

Honestly luv if the OP didn't see this coming posting an article about "god" and a pastor he's fooling himself. It is indeed about someone stiffing a server on a tip...it's his REASONING that is outrageous and needs to be called out. This is the "special treatment" BS that a fair amount of "Christians" believe comes along with the right and freedom to practice their religion.

Update time!

http://gawker.com/5980558/pastor-who-left-sanctimonious-tip-gets-waitress-fired-from-applebees-claims-her-reputation-was-ruined

Hell hath no fury like a pastor scorned by the Internet.

After a copy of her Applebee's receipt began circulating online yesterday, Pastor Alois Bell of the St. Louis-based Truth in the World Deliverance Ministries phoned up the restaurant and asked to have everyone involved fired.

"My heart is really broken," the 37-year-old told The Smoking Gun. "I've brought embarrassment to my church and ministry."

Last Friday, after evening services, Bell and her congregation headed to Applebee's for dinner as they did on many nights.

But a disagreement over the establishment's auto-gratuity of 18% for parties of 8 or more would soon propel the pastor to the heights of Internet infamy.

"I give God 10% why do you get 18," Bell wrote on her credit card receipt after crossing out the tip amount she was obliged to pay.

A server working at the restaurant uploaded a scan of the receipt to Reddit, and the rest is viral history.

Though Bell was denied her request to have a brand new staff awaiting her the next time she dined at her neighborhood Applebee's, she did succeed in getting at least one person fired: The waitress who posted the receipt online.

"I originally posted the note as a lighthearted joke," Chelsea Welch told Consumerist. "I thought the note was insulting, but it was also comical. I posted it to Reddit because I thought other users would find it entertaining."

They did — but Bell did not.

The pastor called it a "lapse in my character and judgment" that "has been blown out of proportion." Somewhat an ironic statement coming from someone who ordered Applebee's to fire everyone who came into contact with the receipt.

For her part, Welch did what she could to avoid having Bell's identity exposed, asking Reddit to stop posting the personal information of potential culprits.

In fact, Bell still isn't sure what exactly she did wrong.

"I didn't break any specific guidelines in the company handbook - I checked," said Welch, who had no complaints about her service prior to this week. "Because this person got embarrassed that their selfishness was made public, Applebee's has made it clear that they would rather lose a dedicated employee than lose an angry customer. That's a policy I can't understand."

Neither will Reddit, which is no longer being kept at bay by Welch, and has already put out a call to "grab them pitchforks."

Screw Applebees...if they have fired this woman over this incident the ACLU will be all over this in a heartbeat. Yeah...what the hell is this crap...so publicly humiliating a problem customer over something as ridiculous as this is somehow taboo? This makes me just sick to my stomach...religion and its nonsense like this should be ridiculed...it shouldn't be hushed and treated with kid gloves. People need to stop being so afraid of these sanctimonious jackasses.

Archived