163 replies to this topic

#121 Jai604

Jai604

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,039 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 11:11 AM

I can guarantee most of the people sitting on their high horses about this topic have downloaded SOMETHING pirated at least once in their lives.

RIP LB RR PD

#122 higgyfan

higgyfan

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,582 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 11:27 AM

Knock offs are part of the new reality. If people want to buy a 'couterfeit' jersey, that's their business. Awful lot of snobbery and hipocracy coming out here.

#123 GrooveC

GrooveC

K-Wing Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 93 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 11:31 AM

If some fan is actually going to get upset over fake jerseys than I expect them to be a moral-exemplar and not own pirated music, films or partake of youtube videos that feature copyrighted material that has been uploaded illegally. You folks sparkle, good for you *handshake*, great, okay, moving on.

But I suspect that we have more than a few hypocrite elitists who want their expensive (and very authentic) status symbol recognized and respected.

Edited by GrooveC, 05 February 2013 - 11:34 AM.

#124 jono2009

jono2009

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 487 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 11:33 AM

well the good news is after the canucks 50% off sale, there is a boost of real jerseys back in the market

#125 GrooveC

GrooveC

K-Wing Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 93 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 11:41 AM

You have to know that fans (or some devious entrepreneur) would build a counterfeit arena with counterfeit ice and counterfeit seats. Sell counterfeit beer for 4 dollars a pop and run the counterfeit zamboni between counterfeit periods IF they could trick the authentic team to go play there every home game.

AND if they did all that I'd probably pay a good $50-$100 to go see them play.

Now what if people bought counterfeit sweaters with counterfeit dollar bills ya'all? Problem solved?

Edited by GrooveC, 05 February 2013 - 11:43 AM.

#126 Gran Turismo

Gran Turismo

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,209 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 11:45 AM

Figure this would be the place to ask this, but are any of these authentic?

Posted Image

and

Posted Image
Posted Image

Not too familiar with skate jerseys.
Posted Image

#127 mazdaspeed3

mazdaspeed3

K-Wing Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 32 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 12:08 PM

If some fan is actually going to get upset over fake jerseys than I expect them to be a moral-exemplar and not own pirated music, films or partake of youtube videos that feature copyrighted material that has been uploaded illegally. You folks sparkle, good for you *handshake*, great, okay, moving on.

But I suspect that we have more than a few hypocrite elitists who want their expensive (and very authentic) status symbol recognized and respected.

It's true I actually buy records, not even MP3's. I go to concerts, I buy the tickets, I buy the t-shirts and I try and buy my Vinyl at the show if I can so that as much money goes to the artist as possible. I rent movies off I-tunes on my apple TV, I pay my netflix membership for my kids cartoons etc.

I put my money where my mouth is, it does cost more but I feel I should support the people who make the product I consume. I but Canucks jerseys that are made in Canada, not in China. It helps our economy and keeps our money in our country, I buy locally when I can and trust me if we all did this we as a nation would all be better off due to the multiplier effect spending money in our own back yards has on our economy.

I remember when I bought my last pair of skates, they were Bauer's, they had two skates with identical model numbers but one was more expensive than the other... I asked why, he said one was made in Canada and one was made over seas. Guess which one was more expensive... yeah the Canadian one and those are the ones I bought.

#128 SEAN HARNETT

SEAN HARNETT

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,100 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 12:31 PM

I wouldn't care normally, but it's that the fakes look so freaking horrible.
:towel:

#129 Baslund

Baslund

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 217 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 12:35 PM

I bought a 40th year anniversary jersey on eBay for 160 dollars.
After it arrived I discovered I had been robbed on this one.

I had it signed in the meantime by Sulzer, Higgins and Luongo. Still, because it is counterfeit, I am not happy with my jersey.

It felt sh@t

RETIRE NUMBER #19

#130 inCalgaryCANUCKSFAN

inCalgaryCANUCKSFAN

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 163 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 01:52 PM

The colors are off on the jerseys I have seen the green to be way to dark or shinny. Fight strap is almost 99% dead give away

I don't care what anyone says I would feel like sh!t wearing a knockoff. I have said this in the past instead of 3 games this year go to 2 buy a jersey as said its an investment. Your paying upwards of $60 for a fake, sportcheck usually has them on from time to time at $110. If $50 is a breaking point for real vs fake you really need to focus on your finances and less on hockey

#131 GrooveC

GrooveC

K-Wing Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 93 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 02:05 PM

It's true I actually buy records, not even MP3's. I go to concerts, I buy the tickets, I buy the t-shirts and I try and buy my Vinyl at the show if I can so that as much money goes to the artist as possible. I rent movies off I-tunes on my apple TV, I pay my netflix membership for my kids cartoons etc.

I put my money where my mouth is, it does cost more but I feel I should support the people who make the product I consume. I but Canucks jerseys that are made in Canada, not in China. It helps our economy and keeps our money in our country, I buy locally when I can and trust me if we all did this we as a nation would all be better off due to the multiplier effect spending money in our own back yards has on our economy.

I remember when I bought my last pair of skates, they were Bauer's, they had two skates with identical model numbers but one was more expensive than the other... I asked why, he said one was made in Canada and one was made over seas. Guess which one was more expensive... yeah the Canadian one and those are the ones I bought.

That's quite respectable and I fully support that tack. There is something to be said for buying the real thing and supporting the people/organizations you enjoy. My main point is that someone with that level of self respect would really be squandering their karma if their going to hose fans for buying a cheap sweater. It might be something else if you knew the person wearing a fake bought fakes on purpose and would lie, cheat and steal everytime they could get away with it. However, I'm guessing most people are in a bit of a grey area.

#132 Sugar baby watermelon

Sugar baby watermelon

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,368 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 02:32 PM

Wow this is still going strong. Grow up, what are you going to do rip the dudes jersey off his back at a game, embarass him, another canucks fan, yeah lets lynch mob these guys on the concourse at the game and call them out for wearing fake jerseys, jeez, seriously what are you going to do, call him out, whats the worst that could happen, actually people, normal people that is, will look at you and think, what an a__hole, for ripping on another fan, who happens to follow the same team as you, for wearing a fake jersey, stupid elitists, get off your high horses

#133 pwnstar

pwnstar

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,311 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 02:36 PM

Posted Image

and

Posted Image
Posted Image

Im no expert, but they look quite legit.

Posted Image

#134 avelanch

avelanch

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 33,278 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 02:41 PM

EXACTLY! Like how much does material + labour cost to make it maybe $110 tops. WHY does it cost so much????

you're overshooting the cost of materials by about $100...

#135 schneider

schneider

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 309 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 02:42 PM

I don't know who you're talking to but I was directing my attention to people wearing fake jerseys at a Canucks game. If they can spend that much money on one game, why can't they do the same and buy a jersey for around the same price? And no, I'm not spoiled and privileged. I just happen to know how to save money a lot better and invest a lot of money while staying within my monthly budget to afford to buy a lot of crap like jerseys, games, clothing, and going out to eat. I have to work for a living while going to school full time and you're telling me that I'm spoiled? You don't even know the first thing about me.

A hat/shirt has the same effect as wearing a jersey. You're showing your pride in your team. I don't mind people that wear only t-shirts or a hat and have casual attire but at least they're showing Canucks pride instead of wearing knock-off jerseys. Fake jerseys are a disgrace and I can't support anyone who bought one that isn't from a reputable sports store or anywhere else.

Why would you care about this? Even if they're at a game, how do you know they couldn't barely afford admission to that game, and don't want to drop another ???? 300 bucks while they're at it for an "official" jersey? Just let them wear their team's jersey, it has absolutely nothing to do with you.

Hockey doesn't work like European soccer where clubs function on the money system. That 250 bucks, while obviously it helps the franchise, doesn't go towards funding player transfers or anything along those lines at all, and I don't think this franchise is exactly going under (see current longest sellout streak). It literally has nothing at all to do with you, I've never seen someone act as retarded as this, I can't believe someone is trying to tell people "If you can't afford 300 bucks for an official jersey, you aren't allowed to wear a jersey at all, you have to wear a hat." That's ???? retarded bro, I'll make sure to buy as many counterfeit jerseys as I can and wear them to as many games publicly as I can, just because of you.

#136 schlaBAM

schlaBAM

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,319 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 02:46 PM

I got this jersey as a gift. Any thoughts on it's authenticity?

it's fake. here's a real one:
http://lh3.ggpht.com...ouver Third.png

Posted Image

I'm not 100 percent on this, but I think this one's fake as well. If you just google bure jersey, you can see the fake ones. The "R" in Bure gives it away for me.

Edited by schlaBAM, 05 February 2013 - 02:50 PM.

Posted Image

XBL: canucks4lyfe

#137 SkeeterHansen

SkeeterHansen

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,140 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 03:46 PM

another ???? 300 bucks while they're at it for an "official" jersey?

300 bucks for a jersey?! What are they, gold plated?!?

/=S=/

#138 Blackberries

Blackberries

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,354 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 03:57 PM

I got this jersey as a gift. Any thoughts on it's authenticity?

blue in the rink is wrong shade and no tag at the bottom right. Decent fake though.. better than those off colored ones with the crooked letters horribly cut logo and improperly spaced piping at the bottom
Posted Image
Movember Kassian

#139 Duds

Duds

K-Wing Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 71 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 06:23 PM

blue in the rink is wrong shade and no tag at the bottom right. Decent fake though.. better than those off colored ones with the crooked letters horribly cut logo and improperly spaced piping at the bottom

By the tag in the bottom right, do you mean the one that says "NHL" and the jersey size etc? In the Canucks shop on this site there's a Luongo jersey called a Reebok EDGE authentic jersey without that tag. Here's a link to that pic.

http://shop.canada.n.../p4684747dt.jpg

I think you're right about the rink shade though, and the material is a bit shiny and "bubbly" instead of being smooth which i wouldn't expect on a legit jersey.

A link on this site of how to spot fakes: http://canucks.nhl.c...ge.htm?id=66864
I don't think it was posted yet in this thread.

Edited by Duds, 05 February 2013 - 06:29 PM.

#140 Gran Turismo

Gran Turismo

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,209 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 06:41 PM

it's fake. here's a real one:
http://lh3.ggpht.com...ouver Third.png

I'm not 100 percent on this, but I think this one's fake as well. If you just google bure jersey, you can see the fake ones. The "R" in Bure gives it away for me.

Yeah I noticed the letters on this one are thicker than the other one hanging on the door. Did a quick search, and it looks like thinner letters is one feature of the legit jerseys. The only thing going for the thicker letter jersey is the 94 finals patch, but I'll probably get the one hanging on the door, the guy's selling it for only $50 anyways. Authentic and cheaper, who would've thought?
Posted Image

#141 CookieCrumbs

CookieCrumbs

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,023 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 07:10 PM

The fake jerseys are just a bloody eye sore. I personally would rather take my time and search out a good deal on a licensed jersey. They look like pure garbage.

#142 CookieCrumbs

CookieCrumbs

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,023 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 07:14 PM

Yeah I noticed the letters on this one are thicker than the other one hanging on the door. Did a quick search, and it looks like thinner letters is one feature of the legit jerseys. The only thing going for the thicker letter jersey is the 94 finals patch, but I'll probably get the one hanging on the door, the guy's selling it for only $50 anyways. Authentic and cheaper, who would've thought?

The first one pictured (94 patch) is 100 percent a fake. The second one is a legit replica, not an authentic. But, if you're a stickler for accuracy, Bure only wore the "A" with #96 on the Flying Skate.

Ps. Just because the customization is wrong (thicker font) doesn't necessarily mean that it's a fake. In this case, the jersey is fake as well as poorly customized. You see licensed replicas and authentics with brutal customization all the time. Almost as often as you see these gross fakes out and about.

Edited by CookieCrumbs, 05 February 2013 - 07:16 PM.

#143 Provost

Provost

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,804 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 07:27 PM

This falls in the realm of who gives a crap... the people who can't afford the ridiculous prices for the real ones aren't ever going to be your customer anyways, so you aren't missing out.

The only way it really matters is if a bunch of people are getting tricked and sold fakes at "authentic" prices.

I would rather see a screaming fan in a fake jersey at a game than some corporate doofus who has lower bowl seats and spends half the game out in the hall buying beer chatting on his cel phone.... or leaves with 10 minutes to go in the 3rd period even when the game only has a 1 goal difference just to avoid a little traffic.

I don't think the point of being able to afford tickets meaning you can afford to shell out a bunch more cash on a jersey holds any water. I know a ton of people who get tickets for their family as a special treat for a birthday or Christmas... but doubling the pricetag on that by adding jerseys would be out of reach.

Edited by Provost, 05 February 2013 - 07:29 PM.

Protons have mass? I didn't even know they were Catholic!

#144 Jaimito

Jaimito

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 20,818 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 07:31 PM

it's all just symbolic. I think official replica jerseys are not worth buying, cause they are just replicas. but that's just me. even baseball caps, i get on field fitted caps only.

i have authentic 2 home and third nux, team canada 2010 white, 2002 olympic white, 2004 world cup red. if they are not authentic, they are all knock offs in some way. but i get that official ones are licensed and the teams and league make some money. but unofficial knock offs are like $30-40 and often poorer in quality or accuracy in the colors, lettering or logo. you get what you paid for. if people are happy with it, I could care less.
Posted Image

#145 ice orca

ice orca

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,300 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 07:59 PM

Elitists hahaha, what are you going to rip the jersey off my back when i go to the next game, because for sure I am going to wear my chinese knock-off jersey, hahahaha

They will be too busy on their phones or laptops rocking all their overpriced swag and being the dullest fans in the NHL to say anything to your face.

#146 Common sense

Common sense

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 21,704 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 08:55 PM

And go buy your counterfeit jerseys. You're just a stupid computer punk who thinks he can man up to someone through the Internet but in reality, can't do anything when faced with a real life bully. Go buy your counterfeit jerseys, just wanna let you know that the majority of the fanbase will not look at you the same way. Sure, some people don't care if people wear the fake jerseys but their view on you will be different. Idiot.

Really?

#147 NASLUND IS #1

NASLUND IS #1

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,894 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 11:55 PM

Posted Image

and

Posted Image
Posted Image

The patches on the shoulders are not proper. Look on the bottom jersey and how the shoulders are rounded/go deeper into the arm. The jersey on the top cuts them off right at the shoulder. The patches are way too high. (could be just the way the picture was taken but doesn't look legit, the jersey was likely purchased in the 00s and the patches added on afterwards)

Posted Image

Edited by NASLUND IS #1, 05 February 2013 - 11:56 PM.

RIP Luc

#148 CookieCrumbs

CookieCrumbs

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,023 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 12:02 AM

The patches on the shoulders are not proper. Look on the bottom jersey and how the shoulders are rounded/go deeper into the arm. The jersey on the top cuts them off right at the shoulder. The patches are way too high. (could be just the way the picture was taken but doesn't look legit, the jersey was likely purchased in the 00s and the patches added on afterwards)

Top one with all the 94 patches is a fake, and the bottom one is a legit CCM Vintage release replica. Other than the "A" being on there and a few minor flaws in the customization, it looks pretty good. Those are facts.

#149 Argon

Argon

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,744 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 12:52 AM

I own 3 counterfit jerseys.
One I bought years ago off ebay for 50 bucks and the jersey was different than the picture, but I always wanted the skate logo so I didn't care
Two was one my friend sold me for 30 since they put hamhuis on it instead of ohlund
Three was won at a bar, can't really give them crap about it if its free

I also have 4 other authentic jerseys (nameless old orca, jovo old orca, brian campbell chicago, and dionne vintage la), and am probably going to get a vintage smyl jersey sometime this year.

I guess in the end, who really gives a crap. The only people who are gonna spot the good fakes are the sportchek workers, everyone else couldn't care less cause at least they're wearing the right colours and are supporting the team.
Posted Image

Yo Yo you cant see me anyway what i dont need to writing skills to act cool i got froobacks and steel chains to act cool i lead the new school. Iam untochable this wont be a fight ill walk away with your mic and make you suck your own tailpipe

#150 01Luongo

01Luongo

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 144 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 01:59 PM

My biggest pet peeve is when people wear their fake jerseys to a game. If you can afford the tickets and the food/beer, then you can afford a real jersey.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Discussion

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.