#1 ThaBestPlaceOnEarth

ThaBestPlaceOnEarth

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,088 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 08:06 PM

POPULAR

Is anyone else seeing this garbage? What is this?

http://www.theprovin...8444/story.html

It's always something with this guy. The reason it was a down-tempo game by Canucks-Blackhawks standards was BECAUSE of all the hype and the Keith-Sedin thing and so many commenters being out for blood. Nobody wants to see another Bertuzzi situation! They dialed back the intensity and kept it clean on purpose, there wasn't all that much hitting, there weren't many scrums or penalties, it was a clean, efficient game with lots of nice offensive plays and some excellent goaltending both ways. I have no idea how Gallagher calls that game boring, I was on the edge of my seat, if he wants to see blood he can watch UFC tonight. Gallagher is a traitor and a fool, if it's not the goalie it's the other goalie, if it's not the coach it's the GM, if it's not the top six it's the bottom six. If we're winning, we're not winning convincingly enough or with the proper flair, if we're losing it's time to blow the whole operation up. Reading this tripe, you'd think we'd just lost to Columbus by 10, instead of winning the last two while only giving up a single goal. I say it's well past time Tony Gallagher was run out of this town. Next time he's on the intermission show, someone ought to dump a beverage on him.

Ceterum censeo Chicaginem delendam esse

#2 EmployeeoftheMonth

EmployeeoftheMonth

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,638 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 08:10 PM

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#3 The Magician

The Magician

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,140 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 08:10 PM

I don't really care what he thinks he's a nob. It was an awsome game.

TlK63EWegTz8QBzg0AU.gif

#4 Kruger

Kruger

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 368 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 08:12 PM

POPULAR

In other news

[attachment=8788:tumblr_lp6xt45vxz1r0c9k4o1_400.jpg]

tumblr_my479bEk4K1qcga5ro1_500.gif

#5 Noheart

Noheart

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,810 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 08:13 PM

Who cares
Posted Image

BEASTLY!!!

#6 Sick Hands

Sick Hands

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,606 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 08:15 PM

I agree with him, were not playing the way this team is built for.

A Toast to Aquillini for getting Torterella.

An owner who knows what the people want.

That's entertainment.

#7 Riviera82

Riviera82

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,668 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 08:35 PM

Tony G is no cheerleader. Not a big deal though.

#8 Shift-4

Shift-4

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • 19,452 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 08:36 PM

You just kept him employed OP
Hockey is the only sport, the rest are just games.

#9 canucksnihilist

canucksnihilist

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,460 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 08:42 PM

The idea that this team can win because of the way it was put togetger without putting in110% effort and without out-working other teams....

Is the reason we won't win a cup.

So stop with the entitlement crap already and just work your asses off - that is how the team got to the cup last time, they gave 100% energy all the time

Everything else is fluff - u think the most skilled teams win each year?

#10 disisdayear

disisdayear

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 528 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 08:48 PM

Is anyone else seeing this garbage? What is this?

http://www.theprovin...8444/story.html

It's always something with this guy. The reason it was a down-tempo game by Canucks-Blackhawks standards was BECAUSE of all the hype and the Keith-Sedin thing and so many commenters being out for blood. Nobody wants to see another Bertuzzi situation! They dialed back the intensity and kept it clean on purpose, there wasn't all that much hitting, there weren't many scrums or penalties, it was a clean, efficient game with lots of nice offensive plays and some excellent goaltending both ways. I have no idea how Gallagher calls that game boring, I was on the edge of my seat, if he wants to see blood he can watch UFC tonight. Gallagher is a traitor and a fool, if it's not the goalie it's the other goalie, if it's not the coach it's the GM, if it's not the top six it's the bottom six. If we're winning, we're not winning convincingly enough or with the proper flair, if we're losing it's time to blow the whole operation up. Reading this tripe, you'd think we'd just lost to Columbus by 10, instead of winning the last two while only giving up a single goal. I say it's well past time Tony Gallagher was run out of this town. Next time he's on the intermission show, someone ought to dump a beverage on him.

I'm with you...Gallagher is a squirrley ferret. He's a bitter little scribe who probably carried jock straps as a kid. Can you imagine Gallagher doing anything remotely athletic?

As much as I hate the Bruins, Shawn Thornton and all things Boston sports related, once I got over the initial embarrasment that Gallagher was representng Vancouver and trying to defend the honor of Dale Weise and the Vancouver Canucks, I listened with enjoyment as he was roasted by Thorton and Comcast sportscaster. Take a listen, if you haven't heard this already.

He cites that Weise is 40 pounds lighter than Thornton, making him 170 lbs., but as discussion went on, Weise gained 20 pounds to 190...still a whole less than the 210 Weise is listed at on all sources. This is one example of Gallagher needing to get his facts in order.

#11 TOMapleLaughs

TOMapleLaughs

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 32,724 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 09:17 PM

He gets paid to stir the pot. Most writers here? That's all they do. So... zZzZzzz... Same ol' crap.

It's the lack of facts behind the stirring that's annoying. Could be part of the whole act though. Spouting out actualities doesn't serve to stir the pot as effectively.

This act is more boring than any game i've ever seen. But still others remain entertained. To each their own.
Posted Image

#12 surtur

surtur

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,793 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 10:26 PM

i am actually glad it was not a goon fest. a few missed chances at hitting him but he got out of the way. I thought both teams showed respect for each other and just played the game.

Release The KraKassian
Kassianthe_Krakensm.jpg

#13 canidiot

canidiot

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 382 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 10:52 PM

my advice to you is.......dont read the province.....i cant remember the last time i considered anything they printed to be news. the only worse waste of paper is the globe and mail.

#14 RyanKeslord17

RyanKeslord17

Canucks First-Line

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,895 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 10:57 PM

Haha at first I thought you were talking about Brendan Gallagher lol
Posted Image

#15 37yrsncounting

37yrsncounting

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 254 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 11:15 PM

oh just put up with it, if its not gallagher, it will be some other sports writer, besides, reading his columns is a good laugh

I use to hate the guy but I realized that its his job to be negative and he's pretty good at it. If you can't stand it, just don't read it

#16 etsen3

etsen3

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,700 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 11:19 PM

Gallagher comes off as your typical disgruntled bitter Canucks fan who's been disappointed for too many years. The "I've been watching this team for 40 years and blah blah blah". The Canucks just beat the #1 team in the league and finally seem to be getting their legs back. Still he's gotta complain that the game was "not entertaining enough". Gallagher's gotta realize that sometimes when 2 of your Top 6 forwards are out you gotta grind out the wins.

#17 cIutch

cIutch

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,285 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 12:02 AM

tony gallagher is a shrivelled up goof with a turn of the century vocabulary
Posted Image

#18 Bananas

Bananas

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,025 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 12:06 AM

Tony Gallagher for coach!
Hey CDC! Remember this!?

http://forum.canucks...in-this-change/

#19 LeanBeef

LeanBeef

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,392 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 12:33 AM

Throw him into a crowd of Boston fans
Sig too big.
"Being a Canuck fan, maybe sometime down the road be a Vancouver Canuck.... that would conquer all my dreams"
-Milan Lucic

#20 Tortorella's Rant

Tortorella's Rant

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,668 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 12:47 AM

I'm with you...Gallagher is a squirrley ferret. He's a bitter little scribe who probably carried jock straps as a kid. Can you imagine Gallagher doing anything remotely athletic?

As much as I hate the Bruins, Shawn Thornton and all things Boston sports related, once I got over the initial embarrasment that Gallagher was representng Vancouver and trying to defend the honor of Dale Weise and the Vancouver Canucks, I listened with enjoyment as he was roasted by Thorton and Comcast sportscaster. Take a listen, if you haven't heard this already.

He cites that Weise is 40 pounds lighter than Thornton, making him 170 lbs., but as discussion went on, Weise gained 20 pounds to 190...still a whole less than the 210 Weise is listed at on all sources. This is one example of Gallagher needing to get his facts in order.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SjRiUOWqwyw

Gallagher could have easily won that discussion and left Thornton with nothing valid to say if he quoted how Marchand actually defended Weise saying he was trying to fight McQuaid originally until Thornton butted in.
Posted Image

#21 canuckkid604

canuckkid604

K-Wing Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 01:19 AM

tsn guys are so much better then what we got

#22 oldnews

oldnews

Declining Grinder

• Members
  • 15,462 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 01:21 AM

If I have one complaint about the Canucks entertainment value, it would be the intermission on the Sportsnet broadcasts when they line up these catatonic dweebs. What an absolute snore. Are you kidding me? Propping up Gallagher and MacIntyre on television...it's embarrassing.

Gallagher speaking - now that's entertainment. Can I please have more Gallagher between periods? I get the sense he's been re-animated or something. He's about as entertaining as that spinning circle that drives me nuts as I wait forever for the goddamn Luongo thread to load.

These guys have faces and voices for print media, and print media fit for alphabet soup.

Hey Tony,
Posted Image

Edited by oldnews, 03 February 2013 - 01:47 AM.

#23 mj vic

mj vic

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 287 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 01:43 AM

The province rag as a whole is a joke! Gallagher and the rest of the chumps working there couldn't tell the difference from a puck from a bagel.

#24 GLASSJAW

GLASSJAW

LEGENDARY POSER

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,141 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 01:53 AM

POPULAR

i don't get it, the article seems pretty spot on to me

it was a boring game

and the team does mostly suck, despite their decent record

marge.jpg

i'm not alone; i'll never be

#25 Forsy

Forsy

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,105 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 02:17 AM

I think Gallagher loves the canucks.

But I also know that he doesn't know enough about hockey - and he wants to keep it that way. If he did know more about hockey, he could turn into an aaron ward-type on the tsn panel - someone who is very realistic and knowledgeable about when things are going well or not, but cannot generate the large readership/viewership by himself.

Gallagher can't afford to learn the details of the game of hockey, since this bit of ignorance allows him to create controversial articles in a genuine way. If he knew the in's and out's more, he couldn't emotionally project the small doubts of the people on the Canucks. Gallagher plays to his limited strengths and knowledge of the game, and utilizes it to dig into any doubts that people may have, or may perceive about the team - and you get readers who comment and discuss.

Unfortunately, all these created discussions are essentially drivel, because the Canuck team's execution, tactics/strategy, etc aren't what's talked about. Rather the population is encouraged to constantly question the decision making of Gillis, AV, or the heart and potential of players of which we have nowhere near enough information to conclude anything worth of value (thus producing more armchair GMs, less students of the game).

#26 GLASSJAW

GLASSJAW

LEGENDARY POSER

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,141 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 02:18 AM

I think Gallagher loves the canucks.

But I also know that he doesn't know enough about hockey - and he wants to keep it that way. If he did know more about hockey, he could turn into an aaron ward-type on the tsn panel - someone who is very realistic and knowledgeable about when things are going well or not, but cannot generate the large readership/viewership by himself.

Gallagher can't afford to learn the details of the game of hockey, since this bit of ignorance allows him to create controversial articles in a genuine way. If he knew the in's and out's more, he couldn't emotionally project the small doubts of the people on the Canucks. Gallagher plays to his limited strengths and knowledge of the game, and utilizes it to dig into any doubts that people may have, or may perceive about the team - and you get readers who comment and discuss.

Unfortunately, all these created discussions are essentially drivel, because the Canuck team's execution, tactics/strategy, etc aren't what's talked about. Rather the population is encouraged to constantly question the decision making of Gillis, AV, or the heart and potential of players of which we have nowhere near enough information to conclude anything worth of value (thus producing more armchair GMs, less students of the game).

Using the article provided, can you be more specific?

marge.jpg

i'm not alone; i'll never be

#27 Chivas

Chivas

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 111 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 02:37 AM

Sports writers always have to find something to talk/write about, its their job, so don't take it so seriously. That said, Tony was right, the Canucks are being out played quite consistently this year, and are boring to watch, but its early. The canucks passing on the whole has been brutal, even the Sedins are struggling. Kesler and Booth are capable of sparking the team, if they ever learn to pass the puck, especially Kesler. Kassian is working out very well with the Sedins, and if Kesler, Burrows, and Booth can spark some offense from the second line, things will improve. All is not lost, yet.

Luongo has been awesome this year, I've always liked most of Luongo's game, but he was usually brutal in shootouts, and could be mentally worked in the playoffs. For that reason I was fine with the possible goalie change, but being told he's no longer number one, has really sparked something in Luongo, its too early to tell, but this is going to be interesting to watch. If Luongo does get traded it will just Vancouvers luck, if Luongo all of a sudden became the shootout King, and mentally unbeatable in the playoffs.

#28 Forsy

Forsy

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,105 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 02:38 AM

Using the article provided, can you be more specific?

I don't think Gallagher could be explained using one article that he just wrote yesterday.

But in essence, he is widely read because 1) he's on the province, 2) his theories and controversy findings are appealing/interesting to novices to the game, and novices are the vast majority of the population. This results in the propagation of further novice-type thinking about the team and of hockey in general for our city.

#29 elvis15

elvis15

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,695 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 02:43 AM

Gallagher could have easily won that discussion and left Thornton with nothing valid to say if he quoted how Marchand actually defended Weise saying he was trying to fight McQuaid originally until Thornton butted in.

Marchand didn't say that until after the interview. Gallagher could have shut up Thornton if he'd brushed up on his stats beforehand to have an argument in the first place, but then he didn't really know he'd be on there, or that Thornton would lie in rebuttal to Gallagher's key points.

Thornton lied about having fought multiple times in a game before and Thornton lied about not knowing it was McQuaid that Weise was challenging.

Sure, Gallagher came off looking like a chump but who in the Boston media cared that Thornton was lying through his teeth?

c3c9e9.pnganimalhousesig.jpg

Tanev is going to EDM. I can put my life savings down on it

#30 Tortorella's Rant

Tortorella's Rant

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,668 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 02:48 AM

Marchand didn't say that until after the interview. Gallagher could have shut up Thornton if he'd brushed up on his stats beforehand to have an argument in the first place, but then he didn't really know he'd be on there, or that Thornton would lie in rebuttal to Gallagher's key points.

Thornton lied about having fought multiple times in a game before and Thornton lied about not knowing it was McQuaid that Weise was challenging.

Sure, Gallagher came off looking like a chump but who in the Boston media cared that Thornton was lying through his teeth?

Well. We can agree that Gallagher sucked and could have done much better had he been prepared instead of just speaking on emotion.
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.