The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Schneider's Agent concerned about goalie's playing time

hockeyfan90

Expert panalists all agree that Schneiders contract would be his main selling feature and would make for an easy move. Luongo's stats this year also are a good starting point to base an opinion.

Im in the trade schneider camp. I was in the trade luongo camp during the lockout because i felt he deserved better than the crap fans/media were giving him. I felt he was the better goalie then and still do now. however, in the new CBA moving lluongo's higher cap hit will limit who would be interested. We will get a better return shipping the Schneiderman.

And it's pretty obvious what this team should do. Go all in. These are the glory years of the Canucks. We are screwed after the Sedins leave and with the way Kesler plays he probably doesn't have many years at a high level left in him due to injuries. When you are so close you have to go all in. There are so many factors that can change the outlook of a team if they try to far in advance. Win now.

It takes more that just the names on paper to win a cup. Luck has a lot to do with it. If we weren't riddled with injuries in the SCF this could have been different. It's not as simple as if we acquire/acquired this player we will win the cup.

We were one impact player short in the scf vs the bruins and the kings last year u can make the same argument.

It sure would have helped if we had an extra hand... ill forever blame mg for not doing a trade. In 2011 I understand... but last year was ABSOLUTELY foolish not to move Cory especially when he had such a high value. We could have easily packaged him for Nash.

We were one impact player short in the scf vs the bruins and the kings last year u can make the same argument.

It sure would have helped if we had an extra hand... ill forever blame mg for not doing a trade. In 2011 I understand... but last year was ABSOLUTELY foolish not to move Cory especially when he had such a high value. We could have easily packaged him for Nash.

Which team is willing to give a top 3 power forward? Seriously, Cory's contract maybe be more inciting if there was an actual market for goalies. Does Gillis have to come out and say i'm shopping Cory for teams to consider him an option? He's most likely been getting calls all the time about players availability. Obvisously Cory or Luongo isn't traded yet, maybe that means teams don't want to pay for either of them.

It's ridiculous what people think can be done so easily. The return for either goalie is going to be low. This team needs more than one or two pieces and a bit of luck to make a run at the cup this year. But hey its as simple as trade Cory and we will win a cup this year.. Right? What happens if we don't and get knocked out first round? What then?

Which team is willing to give a top 3 power forward? Seriously, Cory's contract maybe be more inciting if there was an actual market for goalies. Does Gillis have to come out and say i'm shopping Cory for teams to consider him an option? He's most likely been getting calls all the time about players availability. Obvisously Cory or Luongo isn't traded yet, maybe that means teams don't want to pay for either of them.

It's ridiculous what people think can be done so easily. The return for either goalie is going to be low. This team needs more than one or two pieces and a bit of luck to make a run at the cup this year. But hey its as simple as trade Cory and we will win a cup this year.. Right? What happens if we don't and get knocked out first round? What then?

Archived