The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Schneider's Agent concerned about goalie's playing time

hockeyfan90

It's hard to prove urself when u get two bad games and get yanked , losing Ur starting position. What a joke. Then guy is not going to be perfect all the friggin time. They are showing zero patience with him and no doubt, I don't care what Schneider is actually saying, it will effect his confidence.

So he's nervous to have the stating position and was gripping the stick a little too tight his first game? I got a great idea. Lets solve that by pulling him it the next five games!!!!!!!

They let Lu " play through his rough patches " for half a decade. They couldn't however let Schneider play through two bad games ?

This man love for luongo is killing the potential in Schneider.

Schneider's agent is an idiot. And if Schneider didn't have any kind of relevant opinion, than said agent would be fired, would he not? Or at the very least Schneider would come out and claim distance from said opinion and call him wrong.

Regardless, it wasn't very professional, and considering Schneider's inconsistent play in a short season where games are important, why would you NOT play the goalie playing very good and getting you points? What if Schneider keeps looking awkward and not playing great and we actually miss the playoffs? The team is suppose to risk that just because we should 'give Schneider a chance' instead of playing the goalie that is getting points and playing better?

I don't even know what to say half the time to the people on this board. Every argument they use against Luongo, they try to defend Schneider with. "ANAHEIM AND THE SHARKS WERE BETTER TEAMS THAN WHAT LUONGO HAS PLAYED AND LOOKED GOOD AGAINST." Lol? Schneider was protected like frack in comparison to what teams Luongo had to play far more against in previous years when he was playing 50+ games. So how can people even use that as an excuse, when people praised Schneider and were saying "No NHL team is bad!"

Schneider's agent is a douche, Schneider himself is quite possibly being sour that he is being outplayed and it finally came out via his agent, and Luongo's handling of the situation, his current play, and the way the media and a good chunk of Vancouver fans have embraced Luongo's handling and humor towards the situation might put a ton more pressure on Schneider, especially if his agent is going to come out saying stuff like that.

All you can really say is, in a short season, Schneider was given a big chance. And in his very first game, the opener of the season, he did the worst possible thing he could do. He played horrible. To the point along with the "Luooooooo" of Luongo coming in, there was some boos as well. And now, his agent is complaining while Luongo has played very well. Schneider is not helping his cause, and now because of his agent, he is risking looking like a bad guy, while more pressure is being added on to him. Pressure he didn't look very comfortable with on his first game.

Whether this is him speaking on behalf of Schneider or otherwise, given the current circumstances, this should be handled behind closed doors. Saying that, I think it's a bit blown out of proportion, as per usual by anything the media gets ahold of. But to say he thought his client would get 75% of games as the starter is absolutely nuts! Interesting to know if there's been chatter in the background and he's spoken to the media with out Schneider's permission or discussing how to phrase it.

I'm sure he'll get a run a of games and it'll be traded back and forth to keep them both fresh. It's a tricky situation for MG and AV to handle, and added stupidity from agents at this point isn't needed. Can't say I've noticed what ginger has done regarding going up to Luo or otherwise, they normally do one way or the other but it's not something that's caught my eye.

Gillis/Gilman are being very difficult i.m.o. Mike Gillis was even saying "if We decide to go the route of trading Luongo"?

They should have considered trading Cory, and getting a Player that could potentially help them win the Cup. Maybe, They still can? Obviously, Theyare concerned that Cory will turn into the next Martin Brodeur and They will look bad. The G.M. is concerned about His own record, which is normal.

Gillis/Gilman are being very difficult i.m.o. Mike Gillis was even saying "if We decide to go the route of trading Luongo"?

They should have considered trading Cory, and getting a Player that could potentially help them win the Cup. Maybe, They still can? Obviously, Theyare concerned that Cory will turn into the next Martin Brodeur and They will look bad. The G.M. is concerned about His own record, which is normal.

I'd get rid of that agent in a hurry. He's doing a disservice to his client and himself. As a team would you want to sign a player with an agent that blurts out to the media and thinks he can force the teams hand? Basically a potential nuisance to the organization. Who is this guy? Does he understand what's involved in a trade and its potential ramifications to the team and its successes. You got your client a good longterm deal...you've done your job...be happy. This is a team sport and its all about the wins and not your clients ice time. If Lu was doing terrible and the team was still resistant to use Schneider then that's cause for concern and address it with management "privately".

"And Bodee....again, it's not MG's fault....teams appear to be undervaluing Lu and I'm glad he (MG) seems to be standing firm. Sure, teams want to snap up other players but what he is doing is creating a situation where he's drawn a line in the sand and only serious bidders will be considered. Once Lu's gone, he's gone. We need to get valuable assets in return and if the right package hasn't been presented, what is he to do? You're also forgetting that Lu has a hand in this and may be rejecting some of the teams/offers himself."

I'm sorry Deb but I think GM has made a noose for his own neck here.

He should never have said that either of the goalies were available publicly. I still remember being dumfounded at the way Luongo was publicly made to look surplus to requirements

As for deals, he can't get them done. For all his apparent hard nose attitude (as you see it) we never come away smelling of roses. Booth...a project, Florida were glad to ditch (along with Reinprecht) He could have hung on 1 year and Sammy AND Sturm were gone anyway. He made a huge blunder giving Sturm, with his critical injury history a year at $2,25 in the first place. (now back in Germany by the way)

Then we lose Hodgson AND Sulzer (a guy who is holding his own in the Buffalo team) for a young giant who "may" make a difference next year while taking Gragnani a duffer who never showed anything despite AV unsettling the team to avoid sending him down. In amongst that was the very very ordinary Pahlsson, who not surprisingly is back in Sweden.

Lastly there is Garrison someone who amazingly came as a ufa and landed a 6 year/$27.6 contract on the strength of one good season at ..........you've guessed it Florida (our Midas touch in reverse nemesis )

I'm sorry but much as I like GM in other respects his halo is slipping imo when it comes to getting what this team needs.

I'd get rid of that agent in a hurry. He's doing a disservice to his client and himself. As a team would you want to sign a player with an agent that blurts out to the media and thinks he can force the teams hand? Basically a potential nuisance to the organization. Who is this guy? Does he understand what's involved in a trade and its potential ramifications to the team and its successes. You got your client a good longterm deal...you've done your job...be happy. This is a team sport and its all about the wins and not your clients ice time. If Lu was doing terrible and the team was still resistant to use Schneider then that's cause for concern and address it with management "privately".

"And Bodee....again, it's not MG's fault....teams appear to be undervaluing Lu and I'm glad he (MG) seems to be standing firm. Sure, teams want to snap up other players but what he is doing is creating a situation where he's drawn a line in the sand and only serious bidders will be considered. Once Lu's gone, he's gone. We need to get valuable assets in return and if the right package hasn't been presented,

what is he to do? You're also forgetting that Lu has a hand in this and may be rejecting some of the teams/offers himself."

I'm sorry Deb but I think GM has made a noose for his own neck here.

He should never have said that either of the goalies were available publicly. I still remember being dumfounded at the way Luongo was publicly made to look surplus to requirements

As for deals, he can't get them done. For all his apparent hard nose attitude (as you see it) we never come away smelling of roses. Booth...a project, Florida were glad to ditch (along with Reinprecht) He could have hung on 1 year and Sammy AND Sturm were gone anyway. He made a huge blunder giving Sturm, with his critical injury history a year at $2,25 in the first place. (now back in Germany by the way)

Then we lose Hodgson AND Sulzer (a guy who is holding his own in the Buffalo team) for a young giant who "may" make a difference next year while taking Gragnani a duffer who never showed anything despite AV unsettling the team to avoid sending him down. In amongst that was the very very ordinary Pahlsson, who not surprisingly is back in Sweden.

Lastly there is Garrison someone who amazingly came as a ufa and landed a 6 year/$27.6 contract on the strength of one good season at ..........you've guessed it Florida (our Midas touch in reverse nemesis )

I'm sorry but much as I like GM in other respects his halo is slipping imo when it comes to getting what this team needs.

Take the time to listen to the TEAM 1040 interviews posted above with Liut and Gillis.

This is a TSN story, using out of context quotes to generate maximum controversy.

I have had this happen to me by the press and you can't believe how good they are at twisting your answers and using closed -ended questions to trap you and achieve their chosen story line.

Liut has spoken with Gilman and they are fine. Cory had no part in any of this as it was a reporter seeking out Liut not Liut looking to make a statement for his client.

Take the time to listen to the TEAM 1040 interviews posted above with Liut and Gillis.

This is a TSN story, using out of context quotes to generate maximum controversy.

I have had this happen to me by the press and you can't believe how good they are at twisting your answers and using closed -ended questions to trap you and achieve their chosen story line.

Liut has spoken with Gilman and they are fine. Cory had no part in any of this as it was a reporter seeking out Liut not Liut looking to make a statement for his client.

Pages and pages of speculation here. Some fans think they know what has been, is being said, or even will be said amongst the players, coaches and GM. Most grownups know that you can't read things written by the press verbatum. Using all this hogwash to bash Schnieder is making Nuck 'fans' look like a bunch of schoolyard kiddies. Nobody has any idea how this is going to play out and that may even include MG.

But don't mind me...continue on with eating your young.

"Vancouver has a decision to make with their goaltending, everybody knows that. We don't need to add more to it than that."

I think Liut made entirely reasonable comments for the most part, but he's dealing with a media market in Vancouver that loves to be controversy driven, and a needy market in Toronto that is seeking to make an opportunity of anything they possibly can to get a handout from Vancouver. People like to cherry pick comments so they can isolate what they choose to interpret conveniently, hoping to make more of it than is really there. It's just noise.

Archived