The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Schneider's Agent concerned about goalie's playing time

hockeyfan90

As a former agent, stuff like this much just infuriate Gillis. Agents know better than this, to try and involve the media. Amateur move by Liut.

The owners should have pushed to have agents be banned from making comments about their clients to the media in the new CBA. They always do more harm then good when they open there mouths.

That's why you gotta respect a guy like JP Barry. Say what you want about him, but he's a pro, and hardly leaks anything out to the media.

schnieder games player

SHARKS - 1 (2nd in league)

ANAHEIM - 2 (3rd in league)

CALGARY - 1 (last in league)

luongo games played

OILERS - 2 (12th in league)

AVS - 1 (21st in league)

KINGS - 1 (26th in league)

HAWKS- 1 (1st in league)

Not making any excuses for Schneider but I'm just pointing out that Luu has played more weaker teams compared to spiderman.

Schneider sounded pretty bitter himself in that interview as well. He's obviously too young and immature to handle this situation with grace the way Luongo did and it should be of no surprise to anyone.

Lu is the perfect professional, Schneider is still a nobody in this league.

Schneider sounded pretty bitter himself in that interview as well. He's obviously too young and immature to handle this situation with grace the way Luongo did and it should be of no surprise to anyone.

Lu is the perfect professional, Schneider is still a nobody in this league.

How has he got overtaken, it is 10 games. It's not like the organization is coming out and saying "We have changed out minds, Lu is off the block and Schneids is back on"

No Luongo is still the one leaving. And how is this to get more icetime, personally knowing what kind of guy Cory is, I think he didn't ask Luit to do this, and it won't get him ice time either way, it will be dealt with and sorted out by management.

Ha; I laughed. :lol: I did!

But its not like Kesler's agent hasn't been caught out doing the exact same thing. He piped up when AV said (something stupid) to the effect that his injuries were no reason he had a tough year last year. And then came back and added that his client would not come back until fully ready this time, both offsetting expectations on the speed of his return and hinting that people were perhaps driving him into the ground.

When Kess's agent was out there, I was very worried AV did serious damage and the team might lose its grip. But now we see Kess reffin street hockey under the Cambie bridge with Canucks fans, workin shifts in our good name (for our sponsors, wink wink) at Save on Foods and Timmy's...

Maybe Overhardt gets a cut on all the sugar cream puff's not donated to Koharski?

http://www.vancouversun.com/sports/hockey/vancouver-canucks/Canucks+Ryan+Kesler+agent+claims+star+client+miffed+over+coach+Alain/6673518/story.html

Anywhoo; it doesn't seem to have caused any long term damage. I doubt it will with Schneider.

Let us know if his dad likes donuts? :bigblush:

I have a trade proposal:

Liut for Hodgson's dad!

As a former agent, stuff like this much just infuriate Gillis. Agents know better than this, to try and involve the media. Amateur move by Liut.

The owners should have pushed to have agents be banned from making comments about their clients to the media in the new CBA. They always do more harm then good when they open there mouths.

That's why you gotta respect a guy like JP Barry. Say what you want about him, but he's a pro, and hardly leaks anything out to the media.

Exactly. It's a tactic that can really be damaging to a team, so there should be some sort of gag order when a player is under contract. Sure, during negotiations - present your point but it's little more than leverage and strong arm tactics that can backfire for the actual client if it's disruptive during the course of play. One of the attractive things about CS is that he is low maintenance and readily adapts to situations...that he can "handle" things. Of course he wants to play but the team decides based on what is working and we all know what happens when others start demanding things about ice time. I like both goaltenders, but this does not help the situation...the media is already going crazy with a goaltender "controversy" and it becomes a huge distraction if it starts funneling down to the bench. Let them play until something "is" settled...and the let them play being the one with the hot hand.

And Bodee....again, it's not MG's fault....teams appear to be undervaluing Lu and I'm glad he (MG) seems to be standing firm. Sure, teams want to snap up other players but what he is doing is creating a situation where he's drawn a line in the sand and only serious bidders will be considered. Once Lu's gone, he's gone. We need to get valuable assets in return and if the right package hasn't been presented, what is he to do? You're also forgetting that Lu has a hand in this and may be rejecting some of the teams/offers himself.

"We are conscious of time and we have to win games....we don't have the luxury of people's feelings"

This.

With a shortened season, every game is critical and so the hot hand IS more important than anything. The future of players/the team is second to that. While Schneid's agent is thinking ahead, so is MG....and the first priority is to win a cup, with everything else falling under that. The entire team should be on board with that, despite their ice time. I know it's not CS and it's his agent speaking, but Liut should get that.

"If they are both there for the entire season, and it's a 48 game season and Roberto plays 40 games, that's a disaster".

But he's left something out. What if they win the cup? In stating "disaster", it's a selfish projection.

Archived