Welcome to canucks.com Vancouver Canucks homepage

Photo

Judge throws teen in jail for 30 days for giving him the finger.

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
565 replies to this topic

#241 Wetcoaster

Wetcoaster

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 40,454 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 07:53 PM

That's what I thought too but apparently Z saw it a little differently. :wacko:

There is only one way to see it.

The judge was quite clear.

The bail increase was prior to the criminal contempt and the increase was due to what he perceived as Ms. Soto's inability to appreciate the seriousness of the situation - as such the increase in the amount of bail was to bring home the serious nature of the proceeding to her and ensure her attendance at subsequent court sittings.

When she gave the judge the finger and swore at him, that constituted the facts upon which the judge acted to hold a hearing in respect of the criminal contempt. He then proceeded summarily as is the process in criminal contempt in the face of the court. He called her before him and questioned her to determine if she had in fact acted in that manner and she admitted that she had done so. At that point having held the requisite summary hearing he cited her for criminal contempt in the face of the court and gave her 30 days in county jail. He further specified that the 30 days was NOT to count as "time served" meaning that any jail time she might receive as result of the trial for possession of Xanax would be separate and added to the 30 days for contempt.

In the extended version of the video the public defender sought appointment to act as counsel for Ms. Soto for the limited purpose of speaking to the criminal contempt citation and 30 day jail sentence and the judge so appointed him. The public defender made submissions asking the judge to re-consider his decision and the judge after listening to the submissions declined to do so.

It may well be that bail in this case may never be posted as Ms. Soto may have a disposition of the substantive criminal charge for drug possession prior to completing her 30 days for criminal contempt. That of course will depend upon the case load before the court.
To err is human - but to really screw up you need a computer.

Always listen to experts. They'll tell you what can't be done and why. Then do it.

Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati

Illegitimi non carborundum.

Never try to teach a pig to sing - it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

#242 Ghostsof1915

Ghostsof1915

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 23,876 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 08:44 PM

Her problem started when she laughed at the judge when he didn't know what Xanax bars was.
The her lovely attitude of "Well I have a lot of jewellery alright."
When the Judge asked her how much her jewellery was worth (Important in a bail hearing) she laughed, like it was a game.
She denied she used drugs in a 24 hour period.
She refused to give a dollar amount for her jewellery.
Then it got worse.

She was given countless opportunities to save herself, but she kept digging a deeper hole for herself.

At any time she could have said she was sorry, or she was nervous.

Wetcoaster can verify for me, but from what I've seen of contempt charges, the judge can bring her in anytime in the 30 days and review the matter and see if she has smartened up.

It's not too much to ask for people to be accountable for their actions. Rehab is hopefully the best destination for that girl, but respect is two way street. It's pretty hard to respect someone who doesn't respect themselves. The Judge seemed to me pretty tolerant up until her Adios comment. Some lessons you get a chance to learn from. There are people who make bad decisions and pay for it with their lives, she should count herself lucky and maybe think about her actions around others in the future.
GO CANUCKS GO!
"The Canucks did not lose in 1994. They just ran out of time.." Barry MacDonald Team1040

Posted Image

#243 Tearloch7

Tearloch7

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,845 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 08:49 PM

^ ^ ^ Wise words ..

"To Thine Own Self Be True"

"Always tell the Truth. That way, you don’t have to remember what you said"  ~ Mark Twain ~

#244 Dral

Dral

Puts the Dr in Drunk

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,631 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 10:19 PM

Yes she was stupid. The way you deal with that is through education, not incarceration.

Yes she was disrespectful. The way you deal with that is to give positive role models and show what respect is - again, not locking someone in a cage surrounded by harden criminals who will teach her the exact opposite lesson.

Edited by debluvscanucks, 07 February 2013 - 07:42 AM.
Removed personal attacks

Fruits?

Lord Peaches' gut is telling him that the drunken fool, aka Dral, is 100% mafia.

MVP?

Dral is 100% mafia or I will masteb_ _ _ _ a cow and like it

GOATis?

Vig kill dral he never talks like this when he's not mafia.

#245 Tearloch7

Tearloch7

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 7,845 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 10:26 PM

IYes she was stupid. The way you deal with that is through education, not incarceration.

Yes she was disrespectful. The way you deal with that is to give positive role models and show what respect is - again, not locking someone in a cage surrounded by harden criminals who will teach her the exact opposite lesson.

you seem to miss the point that Penelope was NOT in some Juvie Court .. she was being tried as an adult and acted like a petulant punk-ass kid .. she would find kinderd souls her within the confines of CDC .. :)

Edited by debluvscanucks, 07 February 2013 - 07:43 AM.

"To Thine Own Self Be True"

"Always tell the Truth. That way, you don’t have to remember what you said"  ~ Mark Twain ~

#246 Bertuzzi Babe

Bertuzzi Babe

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 9,239 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 10:27 PM

you seem to miss the point that Penelope was NOT in some Juvie Court .. she was being tried as an adult and acted like a petulant punk-ass kid .. she would find kinderd souls her within the confines of CDC .. :)

The point seems to be being missed by a great number of people here, T7 ;)

Edited by debluvscanucks, 07 February 2013 - 07:44 AM.

"Sursumredditio" non usquam in hac mea loquantur!

Ense petit placidam sub libertate quietem.....

#247 Scott Hartnell's Mane

Scott Hartnell's Mane

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,211 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 06:38 AM

Xanax bars, footballs...I've read up more on this case, and as much as I want to say the punishment was harsh...I have changed my tune now. However...I don't think jail is the right answer. Anyone with a brain knows that drugs of any kind (prescription, coke, meth, speed) are available in the US jail and prison system. If he really wanted to do something effective, he'd put her on one of those work release programs where she'd be staking garbage along the highway all day or cleaning up a park instead of sitting in a jail cell negotiating for her next Xanax fix. Locking her in a cage with the same kind of offenders, scrip drugs, etc...what do you think that's going to do...is it going to break her of her addiction, or is it going to exacerbate it? Was rehab even considered in this case? I can vouch that when you are hooked on a prescription pill, your mind doesn't operate normally. Your behaviors are erratic, you're irritable, confrontational...if they really REALLY want to help this girl...send her to rehab where at the age of 18 maybe she could break free from the chains of prescription drug addiction...don't throw her in a jail cell, have her do nothing for however long she's in there, and expect that she's going to be rehabilitated...that is the biggest joke I have ever heard. There is no such thing as rehabilitation in the US jail system...hence the high recidivism rate.
Posted Image

Well I tell you what Heretic..if Tim Tebow becomes Terry Bradshaw I will shave off all my hair, convert to Christianity, go into the ministry and become a preacher.

#248 Lockout Casualty

Lockout Casualty

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,048 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 06:54 AM

Posted Image

Save your sympathy, or share it amongst the others here who are of the same opinion as me as I am not the only one with this view of the situation. Have a nice night.

The point seems to be being missed by a great number of people here, T7 ;)

The point is quite obviously not missed. You may be missing people's posts while you roll around on the floor, presumably laughing (funny, I remember RUPERTKBD chastising Zaibatsu for his overuse of laughing emotes).
“Hi Nigel, just a quick note to say that I am always ready to do exactly what is asked but it would have been a great help to know in advance what the strategy was.”

- Carolyn Stewart Olsen, Conservative Senator.

#249 Scott Hartnell's Mane

Scott Hartnell's Mane

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,211 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 07:08 AM

The point is quite obviously not missed. You may be missing people's posts while you roll around on the floor, presumably laughing (funny, I remember RUPERTKBD chastising Zaibatsu for his overuse of laughing emotes).

Just playing Devil's Advocate here...but is it a crime now to laugh and have a good time while sifting through the chaff here on CDC? Are we required to be emotionless automatons or keyboard monkeys? What's next...is there going to be an educational thread instructing how and when to use emoticons?

Mellow out ;)

Posted Image
Posted Image

Well I tell you what Heretic..if Tim Tebow becomes Terry Bradshaw I will shave off all my hair, convert to Christianity, go into the ministry and become a preacher.

#250 Lockout Casualty

Lockout Casualty

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,048 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 07:20 AM

Just playing Devil's Advocate here...but is it a crime now to laugh and have a good time while sifting through the chaff here on CDC? Are we required to be emotionless automatons or keyboard monkeys? What's next...is there going to be an educational thread instructing how and when to use emoticons?

Mellow out ;)

Posted Image

Not at all my good man. It just comes across as childish and derogatory toward those of us who have thought and presented our arguments. Some of the behaviors in this thread really make me wonder about the presumed age of the posters. Then again, it appears perfectly alright to call other people idiots in so many words, or to imply anyone who disagrees lacks the intellectual capacity for discussion. This thread is very unfriendly is what I'm trying to get at, and it isn't because of Zaibatsu's "fluff" as the contents of his posts have been deemed by the intellectual elite.
“Hi Nigel, just a quick note to say that I am always ready to do exactly what is asked but it would have been a great help to know in advance what the strategy was.”

#251 debluvscanucks

debluvscanucks

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Super Moderators
  • 24,331 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 07:21 AM

Well said 1915.

Here's the deal about rehab vs jail...people generally don't respond well to rehab if they're forced to go and it's not of their own desire. That defiant attitude just carries over and is directed toward treatment staff, so a softening is likely in order. So, as much as it's a waste of resources to throw her in jail, the same rings true for ordering her directly to treatment (that also comes with a cost - part of that being wasting appointment blocks that could be used for people who are committed to changing). Often, that point (rehab having a positive effect) comes after hitting a low and jail can be that low for some. People are assuming she'll blend in and be one of the jail crowd but these tough facades are sometimes just that and perhaps showing her that she's not so tough will bring her back to reality in a scared straight way. That she'll hit her low and then rehab will be more effective?

I worked in an outpatient treatment center and people who were ordered by the courts for referrals to treatment were usually just wasting everyone's time and it often was a revolving door thing. It became a game. After going to jail (sometimes it takes more than one visit), some would come to decide for themselves that they'd had enough because it was a more serious thing and an important step in the process.

Again, that was just my own observation and I don't have the numbers to back it up. But court ordered patients just became frequent fliers in most situations because they had no intention of absorbing the program and just did the time. The resistance factor was strong.

Posted Image

#252 Scott Hartnell's Mane

Scott Hartnell's Mane

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,211 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 07:38 AM

Well said 1915.

Here's the deal about rehab vs jail...people generally don't respond well to rehab if they're forced to go and it's not of their own desire. That defiant attitude just carries over and is directed toward treatment staff, so a softening is likely in order. So, as much as it's a waste of resources to throw her in jail, the same rings true for ordering her directly to treatment (that also comes with a cost - part of that being wasting appointment blocks that could be used for people who are committed to changing). Often, that point (rehab having a positive effect) comes after hitting a low and jail can be that low for some. People are assuming she'll blend in and be one of the jail crowd but these tough facades are sometimes just that and perhaps showing her that she's not so tough will bring her back to reality in a scared straight way. That she'll hit her low and then rehab will be more effective?

I worked in an outpatient treatment center and people who were ordered by the courts for referrals to treatment were usually just wasting everyone's time and it often was a revolving door thing. It became a game. After going to jail (sometimes it takes more than one visit), some would come to decide for themselves that they'd had enough because it was a more serious thing and an important step in the process.

Again, that was just my own observation and I don't have the numbers to back it up. But court ordered patients just became frequent fliers in most situations because they had no intention of absorbing the program and just did the time. The resistance factor was strong.

Speaking as someone who went through a rehab program for my Klonopin addiction I agree with you to an extent...the defiant attitude would certainly not be tolerated in the program I had to go to, though. I received probation for my offense...I guess had I been flippant the judge would have thrown me in jail too, but again I think her defiant attitude is a byproduct of the pharmaceutical poison she's been immersing herself in...take away the Xanax and there is no attitude, most likely.
Posted Image

#253 Scott Hartnell's Mane

Scott Hartnell's Mane

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,211 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 07:43 AM

Not at all my good man. It just comes across as childish and derogatory toward those of us who have thought and presented our arguments. Some of the behaviors in this thread really make me wonder about the presumed age of the posters. Then again, it appears perfectly alright to call other people idiots in so many words, or to imply anyone who disagrees lacks the intellectual capacity for discussion. This thread is very unfriendly is what I'm trying to get at, and it isn't because of Zaibatsu's "fluff" as the contents of his posts have been deemed by the intellectual elite.

Again just playing Devil's Advocate but this is a thread about an 18 year old drug addicted young woman whose "lifestyle" let's call it.. led to her acting out in court and being thrown into jail with an egregious bail. Did you honestly expect the discussion in this thread, after considering the topic..was going to be "friendly"?
Posted Image

#254 debluvscanucks

debluvscanucks

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Super Moderators
  • 24,331 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 07:51 AM

Speaking as someone who went through a rehab program for my Klonopin addiction I agree with you to an extent...the defiant attitude would certainly not be tolerated in the program I had to go to, though. I received probation for my offense...I guess had I been flippant the judge would have thrown me in jail too, but again I think her defiant attitude is a byproduct of the pharmaceutical poison she's been immersing herself in...take away the Xanax and there is no attitude, most likely.

Agree with you 100%...we had a zero tolerance, as well as the treatment centers carrying policies about abusive behavior. But that's part of the problem....even though it isn't "tolerated", it also doesn't change it. And, while some people successfully have a turning point during that struggle, many are simply not "there" (ready for treatment) yet.

I also do think that jail could have the opposite effect and she'll come out thinking it's raised her cool status. That's a risk in throwing her into jail...that it'll work into the lifestyle she's choosing and simply be part of it. It's a tricky thing.

Posted Image

#255 Scott Hartnell's Mane

Scott Hartnell's Mane

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,211 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 07:56 AM

Agree with you 100%...we had a zero tolerance, as well as the treatment centers carrying policies about abusive behavior. But that's part of the problem....even though it isn't "tolerated", it also doesn't change it. And, while some people successfully have a turning point during that struggle, many are simply not "there" (ready for treatment) yet.

I also do think that jail could have the opposite effect and she'll come out thinking it's raised her cool status. That's a risk in throwing her into jail...that it'll work into the lifestyle she's choosing and simply be part of it. It's a tricky thing.

Oh no doubt...in her circle she'll get street cred out of this and it will most assuredly have the opposite effect. The judge has in essence become part of the plague in my opinion because he thinks she's going to be taught a lesson...but when she gets out, she is going to be respected simply because she went to jail.

Edited by Scott Hartnell's Mane, 07 February 2013 - 07:57 AM.

Posted Image

#256 Lockout Casualty

Lockout Casualty

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,048 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 07:59 AM

Again just playing Devil's Advocate but this is a thread about an 18 year old drug addicted young woman whose "lifestyle" let's call it.. led to her acting out in court and being thrown into jail with an egregious bail. Did you honestly expect the discussion in this thread, after considering the topic..was going to be "friendly"?

I don't see how one can justify lack of respect by one side in a debate with the subject of the thread.

#257 Scott Hartnell's Mane

Scott Hartnell's Mane

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,211 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 08:00 AM

I don't see how one can justify lack of respect by one side in a debate with the subject of the thread.

I'm not trying to justify anything, LC...I'm just making an observation. One doesn't join a thread with this topic of discussion and expect everyone to hold hands and sing Kumbaya...that's just not logical, is it?
Posted Image

#258 Lockout Casualty

Lockout Casualty

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,048 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 08:01 AM

I'm not trying to justify anything, LC...I'm just making an observation. One doesn't join a thread with this topic of discussion and expect everyone to hold hands and sing Kumbaya...that's just not logical, is it?

I don't seem to have a problem. Strange.

#259 Scott Hartnell's Mane

Scott Hartnell's Mane

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,211 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 08:06 AM

I don't seem to have a problem. Strange.

I say this with the utmost respect but really? Here, on CDC, with all of the bedlam that inhabits almost every other thread in the Off Topic Forum..you can say with a straight face that you came into this discussion thread..and didn't in the least expect it to turn into a poo flinging match? No offense to any lesser primates among us. B)

Edited by Scott Hartnell's Mane, 07 February 2013 - 08:07 AM.

Posted Image

#260 Lockout Casualty

Lockout Casualty

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,048 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 08:17 AM

I say this with the utmost respect but really? Here, on CDC, with all of the bedlam that inhabits almost every other thread in the Off Topic Forum..you can say with a straight face that you came into this discussion thread..and didn't in the least expect it to turn into a poo flinging match? No offense to any lesser primates among us. B)

All I wanted to do was discuss the benefits and detriments of throwing an 18 year old into a county jail for 30 days (BTW, Miami Dade county jails have been cited for "shocking conditions"). I suggested as much in my initial posts, and more than once it was alluded that I'm an idiot, or incapable of behaving, or other nonsense. I can say with a straight face that I didn't come here to slight crap at others, and I requested for it to stop and for my arguments to be addressed, which they remain to be.

This has never been about whether she was right in her behavior, or whether she should be punished at all, yet that is what I've had to read about for nine pages. And you don't think I should call out this nonsense for what it is? How about being the change you want to see?

#261 Scott Hartnell's Mane

Scott Hartnell's Mane

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,211 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 08:26 AM

All I wanted to do was discuss the benefits and detriments of throwing an 18 year old into a county jail for 30 days (BTW, Miami Dade county jails have been cited for "shocking conditions"). I suggested as much in my initial posts, and more than once it was alluded that I'm an idiot, or incapable of behaving, or other nonsense. I can say with a straight face that I didn't come here to slight crap at others, and I requested for it to stop and for my arguments to be addressed, which they remain to be.

This has never been about whether she was right in her behavior, or whether she should be punished at all, yet that is what I've had to read about for nine pages. And you don't think I should call out this nonsense for what it is? How about being the change you want to see?

I've tried that several times my friend...I've gone toe to toe with people here on CDC in the past, attempting myself to have some semblance of discussion. I've been suspended for calling people idiots and the like...it just isn't worth it. If you find your discussion point isn't being addressed by anything but ridicule and mockery then maybe you should consider your surroundings and attempt to discuss it on another day...like today, for instance. I for one would like to discuss squalid jail conditions in this country, and I've got quite a lot to say about it, most of which I cannot post but that is a very valid discussion point. Also, when you read your posts are being ridiculed...consider the source of the ridicule ;)

Edited by Scott Hartnell's Mane, 07 February 2013 - 08:28 AM.

Posted Image

#262 pimpcurtly

pimpcurtly

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,368 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 09:29 AM

Well said 1915.

Well put, deb.
Posted Image

#263 TimberWolf

TimberWolf

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,555 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 09:43 AM

Only on the internet you can find people that believe being forced to be responsible for their own actions is an Orwellian abuse of power.

I was saying Lu-Urns...

star-wars-hockey-goal.gif?w=284

#264 Wetcoaster

Wetcoaster

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 40,454 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 10:23 AM

Xanax bars, footballs...I've read up more on this case, and as much as I want to say the punishment was harsh...I have changed my tune now. However...I don't think jail is the right answer. Anyone with a brain knows that drugs of any kind (prescription, coke, meth, speed) are available in the US jail and prison system. If he really wanted to do something effective, he'd put her on one of those work release programs where she'd be staking garbage along the highway all day or cleaning up a park instead of sitting in a jail cell negotiating for her next Xanax fix. Locking her in a cage with the same kind of offenders, scrip drugs, etc...what do you think that's going to do...is it going to break her of her addiction, or is it going to exacerbate it? Was rehab even considered in this case? I can vouch that when you are hooked on a prescription pill, your mind doesn't operate normally. Your behaviors are erratic, you're irritable, confrontational...if they really REALLY want to help this girl...send her to rehab where at the age of 18 maybe she could break free from the chains of prescription drug addiction...don't throw her in a jail cell, have her do nothing for however long she's in there, and expect that she's going to be rehabilitated...that is the biggest joke I have ever heard. There is no such thing as rehabilitation in the US jail system...hence the high recidivism rate.

She was not jailed for drug possession nor any crime for which the usual sentencing principles would apply.

Always listen to experts. They'll tell you what can't be done and why. Then do it.

#265 Electro Rock

Electro Rock

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,633 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 10:45 AM

All I know is if that were my daughter, and something happened to her in jail, I would hold the judge personally responsibe.

As is, Anonymous should do what they do.
"The American people will never knowingly adopt Socialism. But under the name of 'liberalism' they will adopt every fragment of the Socialist program, until one day America will be a Socialist nation, without knowing how it happened."

Norman Thomas

#266 nuckin_futz

nuckin_futz

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,333 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 10:50 AM

All I know is if that were my daughter, and something happened to her in jail, I would hold the judge personally responsibe.

Most of society would hold you personally responsible for raising a delinquent and making her our problem. Guess it's all in how you look at it.

Edited by nuckin_futz, 07 February 2013 - 10:50 AM.

#267 pimpcurtly

pimpcurtly

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,368 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 10:51 AM

No responsibility on the part of your daughter, huh?
Posted Image

#268 Wetcoaster

Wetcoaster

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 40,454 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 10:54 AM

If it were my daughter I would be incredibly embarrassed at her behaviour in court and at my lack of parenting skills.

#269 Electro Rock

Electro Rock

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,633 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 11:09 AM

Noone should be charged for recreational drug use for one, and a prescription drug at that, and then sent to a jail where they're bound to be doped up on prescription drugs all day, and in this girl's case is probably going to have to be put on antidepressants after she gets out.

"The American people will never knowingly adopt Socialism. But under the name of 'liberalism' they will adopt every fragment of the Socialist program, until one day America will be a Socialist nation, without knowing how it happened."

Norman Thomas

#270 Blue90

Blue90

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 365 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 11:35 AM

Oh look, she's not high this time

*** WetBreasts is gonna make it Crew ***

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.