The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Cory Schneider interview in the Province

Gonz

I'm very glad he wasn't the one who told him to that, I sure hope it's the truth and not because he realized he had made a mistake afterwards. lol I actually had assumed that it was him, which I'm now sorry for. I've gained my respect back for him, I really didn't want to see another Hodgson fiasco happen to Schneids. :rolleyes:

Truth is we can argue all we want, but there's no conclusive evidence either way. Maybe Schneider didn't tell his agent to say that stuff and the agent did speak out of turn. He'd hardly be the first agent to put his foot in his client's mouth. (Though the fact that Schneider didn't say in the interview that he was upset with what had been said and would address the comments with the agent but did claim to not know if it'd been made into a big deal despite being interviewed about it would certainly seem to support the "he knew" argument.) Maybe he did say that stuff, and then just lied about it after he saw the negative reaction. He'd hardly be the first athlete to whine to get his way and be less than honest in the interest of protecting their public image. (Though the fact that Schneider has never shown any kind of whininess or blatant image molding dishonesty before would certainly seem to support the "he didn't know" argument.) So it's really pointless for any of us to act like we know what the truth is and that anyone who believes in the other possibility is an idiot.

In the end, we can't hold it against him like he's a weak, whining, entitled brat and we can't praise him or feel sorry for him like he's the victim of a big mouthed agent's misstep because we don't know which he deserves. So, let's just call it a wash and judge him by the only thing that should matter — his on ice performance.

Schneider would not even be here if him and his agent knew the goalie situation would be like this.

It's common knowledge at this point that Schneider and his agent only agreed to the new contract based on the assumption that Schneider would be getting most of the starts and Luongo would be gone by now via trade. This is why you don't make assumptions

“He was speaking his mind and it’s not different from what everybody else has been saying in the media for the past six months."CS

Everybody knows the story,Bro.

Cory is the new #1 and Roberto was never to come back to Vancouver to play as a Canuck again.

That is what the deal is.I suspect you never got the memo?

U are a pathetic person. Put itself in his shoes for 1 second before u say something so dumb. He has been a legitimate #1 for probably at least a year or two and wants his chance. Signed with us thinking he is going to get a chance. Still is a solid teammate regardless how frustrating this might be. He has shown his true colours for a long time and I respect the guy for it

In response:

I just want to state that I am not engaging in an argument with you, rather I wish to bring forth a few thoughts I have in regards to your post response to my opinion.

I am not sure what "calling others down" means, assuming you mean putting others down.

Im not putting anyone down, Im stating a fact. Fact, I do not believe Cory didn't know his agent was going to make comments related to his position with the team. As a result of my perception, I believe he is in fact acting like a spoiled, child.

You said "Adults don't have to call each other down." You then proceeded to suggest that I was "whiny," which is fine this is an opinion that should be stated, you twice suggest my mental faculties are not on par with the standard level of sanity in society, finally you conclude with the acronym POS, which I can only assume means "Piece of ****."

Do you understand how hypocritical this post is? I mean really, how hypocritical this post is...

Seriously, you believe Schneider when he says he didnt even know..... whatever, he knew. Whiny baby,trying to cover his tracks. I hope he gets blown out tomorrow.

LLL

LONG

LIVE

LUUUUOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!

Archived