The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

I know its been a couple games since but why didnt anybody fight duncan keith?

Schneider.Man604

I've played the game. A guy fighting me didn't stop me from throwing my hits. A guy bumping me? Big freakin' deal. Again I'll ask...has fighting Torres stopped him from playing his questionable game? I say not at all. You're deluded if you think it ever will.

Btw, I did say beat them "repeatedly" didn't I? Which we haven't. Unless we do they have no reason to fear us. Getting into a fight won't make them fear us at all. Particularly if they win the game in the process. That just tells them they can throw us off our game and get us taking stupid penalties. Great game plan.

You beat and teach different people in different ways.

When you have a nut job like Torres running around hitting your guys, fighting won't stop him, so what you do is send your crazy guys out to hit their star players. After awhile somebody's star players are going to want their team to stop.............the other team wins.

When a regular player like Keith slams one of your star players, you send the police over to beat him up and make sure he thinks twice before it happens again............What you don't do is say, ok you win this time but we scored more goals.............its not rocket science folks!

I find it amazing how many people are so focused on toughness and retaliation sice the bruins won. Just shows how much of a copy cat mindset people have.

You don't need to goon it up to win. If you play a fast skilled game you can very easily win it all. Or does everyone forget how Detroit got so many banners?

I'm saying I'd like to see our team play soft and get pushed around the ice. We do a good job of playing physical, but all this talk about not being gritty enoug and not retaliating enough is rubbish. That doesn't help us win and isn't that what matters? There's more than one way to win, wouldn't mind if we thought bit outside of the box on how to do so. If every team is trying to get bigger and grittier(ala Boston LA) who's to say a smaller quick team on every line wouldn't have success.

Basically who cares. If someone wants to take a cheap shot at a star player, do you really think the prospect of someone trying to fight him will deter him?

Most fights the guy will take maybe 1 or 2 clean shots to the face. That's not much of a deterrent. Who hasn't been hit a few times in the face, it's no big deal.

I think its pretty obvious that if Keith had an issue with Daniel's hit, he should have pounded on Daniel himself OR had a knuckle dragger do it for him.

The absolute worst thing to do was make a non hockey play where he completly goes out of his way to Elbow Sedin in the head.

Isn't that a no brainer?

But hey, then again, we have guys like you who will just accept having our star taking a cheap shot so maybe Keith did have the right idea afterall

Now keep in mind, if a knuckle dragger tried to get at Daniel, he will prob end up fighting someone like Bieksa but the main point is, elbowing Sedin in the head for retribution would have been a bad move (if the Canucks actually made him pay for it)

But good thing Keith has advocates like you who are looking to look past his actions

I find it amazing how many people are so focused on toughness and retaliation sice the bruins won. Just shows how much of a copy cat mindset people have.

You don't need to goon it up to win. If you play a fast skilled game you can very easily win it all. Or does everyone forget how Detroit got so many banners?

I'm saying I'd like to see our team play soft and get pushed around the ice. We do a good job of playing physical, but all this talk about not being gritty enoug and not retaliating enough is rubbish. That doesn't help us win and isn't that what matters? There's more than one way to win, wouldn't mind if we thought bit outside of the box on how to do so. If every team is trying to get bigger and grittier(ala Boston LA) who's to say a smaller quick team on every line wouldn't have success.

Basically who cares. If someone wants to take a cheap shot at a star player, do you really think the prospect of someone trying to fight him will deter him?

Most fights the guy will take maybe 1 or 2 clean shots to the face. That's not much of a deterrent. Who hasn't been hit a few times in the face, it's no big deal.

Archived