The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Request for Canucks Inside Access!

iPwn

I've watched the Oilers' "Oil Change" and the 24/7 Winter Classic series where a documentary is made on the day-to-day activities of the teams. It's great to see the players in a different light outside the game and the behind the scenes of hockey operations.

Maybe if we can have enough interest the Canucks will do one for all us Canuck fans. Who would like to see something like this for our team?

I get my dose of "behind the scenes" in the great photo gallery aptly titled "Behind The Lens". I'm of the thinking that in this fish bowl we don't need to subject them to something like this. Between After Hours interviews, Super Skills (that shows a lighter side), etc., we get a glimpse of their off the ice personalities and I'd rather they stay focused on hockey. Besides, the locker room chemistry is something that bonds the team and, if we intrude on that it makes it a little less natural. You behave differently when there's a camera on and it would censor and perhaps change the dynamics there? Leave them be is my train of thought.

Any Canadian team or strong hockey market that would have a 24/7 type show would be successful. I think it's more a matter of whether the team wants camera's around all the time or not. If the Canucks made a 24/7 show every single person in Vancouver would be watching that with the characters we have in our locker room.

Archived