The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Wild @ Canucks

-Vintage Canuck-

Good game, i'm glad the Canucks got the win.

I'm not sure how the rest of you feel, but i would rather not see Garrison out there

on the penalty kill. I would rather see him used in 5 on 5 and power play situations.

I kind of thought he looked out of place on the pk, just my opinion of course.

Wooooow I thought the third line of Kassian-Lapierre-Higgins were highly feared by the Wild tonight, all three of them looked scary and dangerous at all times in the game, you know ur playing with alot of energy out their when a ref comes up to you and tells u to cool off (Maxim Lapierre)

Wow ok this was the first game I got to watch start to finish, without interruptions so here are my thoughts.

The good:

Good spread of scoring the past few games. Nice that we can still get wins when the top line doesn't score

Mason Raymond and Jordan Schroeder are playing great together. Sick set up for the Hansen goal

Great possession shifts in the first and 2nd periods

Good defensive shutdown to protect the win

Luongo with some big saves.

The not so good:

It's been a while since I said this but the reffing was super sketch today. Some weak calls against us and a bunch of missed calls where the Wild should have been shorthanded. How the heck did Lapierre get the only penalty when Daniel was sent flying into the boards?!

Jason Garrison - trying to do too much. Not finding chemistry with any Dman yet. Can't hit the net to save his life. I'm dying to see the big point shot we've been told he possesses.

Sedins double clutching a lot. Could have made it 3-1 right after the Setoguchi goal but Daniel misses the wide open net.

BUT:

All in all, a good win against a NW div opponent :)

The unfortunate thing is, he won't be in contention for the Vezina unless he has a starter's workload this season, no matter how good his numbers are. Look at Brian Elliott last year. He didn't even get a sniff of the Vezina. You have to be the undisputed starter on your team and Luongo is not that.

The fact is, both Canucks goalies are Vezina calibre. Hopefully the team decides on one soon so whoever it is can compete for some hardware!

The unfortunate thing is, he won't be in contention for the Vezina unless he has a starter's workload this season, no matter how good his numbers are. Look at Brian Elliott last year. He didn't even get a sniff of the Vezina. You have to be the undisputed starter on your team and Luongo is not that.

The fact is, both Canucks goalies are Vezina calibre. Hopefully the team decides on one soon so whoever it is can compete for some hardware!

Archived