The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Team holes to fill at deadline...

Lui's Knob

I'll revise my post: I actually think the team could use a two way bottom 6 centre with size, regardless of Schroeder's performance. I have a feeling when the intensity notches up in the playoffs Schroeder might be converted to wing. Who knows?, maybe he becomes a fast scoring winger for the Kesler line.

I agree. Adding two superstars would improve the team. All we need is two superstars to replace a couple average players. Make it so.

EDIT: now that I think of it, I don't understand why the team isn't already full of superstars. Is Gillis lazy or dumb or something?

A team full of superstars cannot work in a cap system.

Upgrading 2 positions (1D, 1Top6) from a $4.5M Dman and a $4.25M Forward to 6 or 7 million dollar dman and forward are possible under the cap with a trade of luongo clearing out the difference. Not that this is necessarily possible given the current trade climate, but I guess jumping to conclusions is the best thing that can be mustered around here.

I would still trade Booth for Clowe or Ryan (if it could be done) I don't like seeing Volpatti fight guys 20 lbs bigger than him even when he puts up a pretty good show. He is going to get hurt. Clowe would have mangled Reaves.

The Canucks will not be acquiring a superstar. Such fantasies cannot reasonably be considered plugging a hole.

There are two superstars amidst the group of pending UFAs: Getzlaf and Perry.

Does anyone really want to see players such as Schroeder, Kassian, Jensen and Gaunce traded for a couple months out of Perry or Getzlaf?

Do you know what happens when an organization doesn't have cost-effective young players filling out its rosters? Marc Chouinard, Jan Bulis and Rory Fitzpatrick get signed. That's how windows of opportunity close.

I think we have the right amount of dollars locked up in the D - just how they are distributed are wrong, to many middle of the road reasonable paid guys, I would be happier with downgrading one of the D to a cheap but reliable 3rd pair d man and use the extra cash to have a leader amongst the D. (right sided preferably)

Also I like Schroeder on the 3rd line, good cost good player, however could maybe use another winger to go with him and Hanson who can crash and bang but also make the draws in the centre.

My current Knowledge of the NHL isn't au fait so I'm sure some of you guys would be able to identify someone that fits that mould at a reasonable cost

Archived