The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

David Booth to return soon.

Steve Carell

Not a fan of putting Booth with Kes. I think he is very redundant right now. How many fast fowards with a little grit and some scoring abilities do we have right now? Booth, Raymond, Higgins, Hansen, Lapierre. We need some more depth on D if anything.

Sedins, Burr

Kes, Kass, Ray

Schroeder, Higgins, Booth

Hansen, Lapierre, Volpatti

Sedin - Sedin - Burrows

Booth - Kesler - Higgins

Raymond - Schroeder - Kassian.

I agree we have a deep team. I also don't think we need help on d. Makes you wonder what giLlis is refering to when he says he wants a return for lluongo that wwill help us now. Would have to include at least two of our top 9 in exchange for an upgrade at top 6. Then we lose a little depth no?

I will put David Booth in the Ballard category.

Snake bitten & not quite in-sync with team because of it.

If Ballard can find his way than so can Booth.

Like Ballard, he came on pretty hard near the end and in our short playoff series.

he just needs to play, find some chemistry, and not get hurt.

Sedin - Sedin - Burrows

Higgins - Kesler - Kassian

Raymond - Schroeder - Booth

Volpatti - Lapierre - Hansen

Yeah, I guess this would be the most likely scenario. IMO, you can't return Kassian to the fourth line, and Higgins is definitely not suited for that either. Hansen can play a checking/energy role so I think he would be the best fit to move when Booth comes back.

I say Booth should replace Higgins on the 2nd line. I know Higgins has been good lately, but he isn't the calibre of player who is untouchable on the 2nd line. He would, however, increase the 4th line's effectiveness 10-fold.

D. Sedin - H. Sedin - Burrows

Booth - Kesler - Kassian

Raymond - Schroeder - Hansen

Volpatti - Lapierre - Higgins

Sedin - Sedin - Burrows

Booth - Kesler - Kassian

Raymond - Schroeder - Hansen

Higgins - Lapierre - Volpatti/Weise

Ebbett

send down Barker. I really doubt he'll be claimed. If there is any worry behind this, send down Ebbett instead. I don't think anybody would be too upset if he were claimed.

If GMMG & AV (I know who gets the final decision, but they SPEAK) decide to send Schroeder down, then it goes against their entire mantra of keeping the best players UP.

Schroeder has been more effective than Volpatti, Weise, Ebbett, Lapierre & IMO just as effective as Raymond. Plus, then what? Manny is out, are they going to play Burrows in the middle again? F*ck that.

If Schroeder is sent down there better be another player coming in a trade the next minute.

There was a period last season when Booth was on fire. That came after an 'injury.'

If that Booth returns, and stays a bit more consistent, then i'm pretty sure the haters (y'know, those who thought Raymond was done but now think his game is fine?) will once again be converted.

How can Booth be 'overrated' here anyway? He hasn't been here long enough.

I'm betting Booth shows up on the second line when he's back.

I gotta say, we are the most fortunate fans in the league to have this problem with our team. "We're getting a top six forward back from injury? Where will we put him, we're 8-2-2 with the squad we have!"

.. Might as well put Booth in the press box. Sorry bud, but we just don't need you right now.

Still, no sense letting him sit, so we'll shuffle lines. I'd say the only untouchable line should be Raymond - Schroeder - Hansen, they have been dynamite. Sedins and Burrows have been looking really good, so I wouldn't mess with that other than to put Kass with them for some shifts (maybe after PKs when Burrows has been out on the ice for a while)

Well, I guess they will have to try some combinations and see where Booth slots in. Should be interesting to see what the coaches come up with.

Archived