The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

How Long will we have Bowness?

Provost

I've wanted Bowness and Brown gone since the midway point of last season. Bowness has messed up what should be an All-Star defence pretty badly by putting what would have been a Norris candidate on the right side where he's least comfortable and ruined his defensive game.

Our defence is the most inconsistent part of our team and you can thank Bowness directly for that. His style clearly isn't sitting well with our defence who should play much more physical and solid defensively with less bad pinching. The defenders haven't adapted well to the pinching, gambling style of play and it's been several seasons. Good offences and great coaches have exploited this stupid system time and time again - Claude Julien, Suter and Quineville have ripped apart this joke of a defensive style and will continue to do so until Bowness changes his philosophy or leaves.

As for Newell Brown, he has the single-best powerplay unit to work with in the NHL. I wager no 5 man unit has more skill, size and shooting ability than the Sedins, Kesler, Edler and Garrison. Tampa Bay's 5 man squad comes close but their passing is nowhere near as good as the Sedins. We have more weapons than anyone else, even our 2nd unit is scary, yet Brown has wasted our talent. Penalty killing is the same - a former Selke winner and the best goalie tandem in the league and our PK has been brutal all season long.

The Canucks need a change of assistant coaches, give them a shot as a head coach for all I care. They don't deserve it but it'll better our team.

Well the common thread on why we wouldn't fire AV is there was no one out there that would seem to be a better option.

Ruff might not be a better option. It just might mean a different option if management thinks the team is tuning out the current coaching staff.

Ruff certainly has a good reputation throughout the league. Ruff has had only two losing seasons in 16 years.

I've wanted Bowness and Brown gone since the midway point of last season. Bowness has messed up what should be an All-Star defence pretty badly by putting what would have been a Norris candidate on the right side where he's least comfortable and ruined his defensive game.

Our defence is the most inconsistent part of our team and you can thank Bowness directly for that. His style clearly isn't sitting well with our defence who should play much more physical and solid defensively with less bad pinching. The defenders haven't adapted well to the pinching, gambling style of play and it's been several seasons. Good offences and great coaches have exploited this stupid system time and time again - Claude Julien, Suter and Quineville have ripped apart this joke of a defensive style and will continue to do so until Bowness changes his philosophy or leaves.

As for Newell Brown, he has the single-best powerplay unit to work with in the NHL. I wager no 5 man unit has more skill, size and shooting ability than the Sedins, Kesler, Edler and Garrison. Tampa Bay's 5 man squad comes close but their passing is nowhere near as good as the Sedins. We have more weapons than anyone else, even our 2nd unit is scary, yet Brown has wasted our talent. Penalty killing is the same - a former Selke winner and the best goalie tandem in the league and our PK has been brutal all season long.

The Canucks need a change of assistant coaches, give them a shot as a head coach for all I care. They don't deserve it but it'll better our team.

Archived