The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Discussion] Roberto Luongo Trade Thread 6.0

I agree with you CH101. I think it's entirely possible that Lou has redemption in his future. At least I hope so, whether that be with the Canucks or not.

I'm a sucker for sports redemption stories TBH. Guys winning in their last year or over coming odds are what sports are all about. Lou's got game. There's no denying it.

The issue, that is up to us, is whether we can divorce ourselves from the other issue, which is not up to us, is if he will get the chance as a Canuck or not.

If Luo cannot fetch the team a solid center that can anchor the 3rd line and a top prospect than I say we move Cory for the same. Let's face it in 3 years our entire core will be in their early to mid 30s so it is imperative that we have young players to help keep us competitive.

If Schneider started playing better like he said he needs to, he would garner a better return prospect/pick/player wise, But a Luongo trade would relieve some financial issues. Luongo needs to get out of Vancouver and get a new start somewhere but Schneider hasnt proven in my eyes that he can take over the team in a full season scenario, But for this season play the goalie that is playing better, until a deal comes around.

if Washington was dumping Green I'd think about that too but I think the expiring contract is the most appealing.

What makes a Streit or Vis deal look so good is their International big game experience. These are worldly guys, adults, professional hockey players. I think we need another one of those guys. On those factors alone, Streit is the best option.

Archived