The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Canucks 4 - Stars 3 - 02/21/13

Strombone1

holy crap you can't read i said he was one of the reasons we lost against st.louis and schneider was one of the reasons we lost to dallas

we got the point against chicago because of schneider and he was good enough to earn us the win against dallas

i can't wait til the off season when luongo is traded and its laughable that people think luongo is staying

The Defensive zone coverage looked better in this game, than in the last couple of games.

I have to say, i wasn't sure about the new d pairings, but they played better then i thought

they would. I hope the coaching staff keeps these defensive pairs intact.

I'm not sure i like any of the Sedins playing on the point for the power play. I would rather

see them in the slot or on the board for power play situations.

I'm glad we got the win, go nucks go :towel::towel:

How about Luongo in the shootout?

also ya .880 isn't a great stat he made the saves to keep us in the game until the offense took over also maybe the fans should be looking at the numerous scoring chances they have been giving up for the past 4 games and be happy we have only given up 15 goals cause it could of been alot worse especially the chicago game which we had no business to be in

Garrison was great tonight... showed up offensively and wasn't noticeable at all in the defensive end, thats what we want from him every game.

Schneider was pretty meh.. made some timely saves and did his job but nothing to write home/praise about. Much better showing then the last Dallas game and a streak buster, good game team.

Also, Garrison had a steady game and Tanev was great on the PK. Kass destroying Rousell was classic - esp since Rousell started swinging before Kass even knew he was in a fight.

Sidenote: Taylor Hall better get a phone call from his knee flap on Clutterbuck right now. Garbage.

If what Raymond did last game was enough to call back a goal I'd like to know why Jagr hitting Schneider just before the Benn goal didn't get that one called back. The way they call or do not call goalie interference in the NHL is extremely confusing, not just against the Canucks it's league wide.

If only the nets were bigger Kesler might have actually scored tonight with his shots. :lol:

Another fun game to watch, nice to see Garrison score.

maybe next time kass is in a fight with a guy wearing a visor he should rip his helmet off im not so sure any of his punches hit anything but plastic and was very surprised he didnt have an ice pack on his hand. roussel is pale and he didnt have 1 red mark on his face going to the box.

Don't second guess a win guys. If we lost 3-2 then yea dissect the goals and Schneider's numbers but evidently on this night he was good enough for the win and that should be enough.

One thing to remember about goalies, they are out there to win the game, not to make their stats better. If you win the game and it wasn't a big storyline (he wasn't perfect today but it didn't end up mattering). Shouldn't we be more focused on the last powerplay, the sick Sedin goal, or the omgwtfbbq Bieksa rush?

The Luongo/Schneider debate is getting so old...so many pathetic posters putting all their effort into finding ways to put the other side of the argument down. How about cheering for the team as a whole rather than focusing all your energy into the negatives. I personally like Schneider but I'm a fan of the TEAM will always want the players to succeed, whereas some of the pathetic posters on this site are actively hoping the side they don't support fails.

Man, this pissing contest about Luongo vs. Schneider in every single bloody thread is growing old.

ANYWAY, the Canucks had some costly defensive break downs yet again, but overall I think we had a good game after we settled down after the early goal. Loved Burrows' game tonight, Kassian beat Roussell DOWN (visor sissy), and the Sedins continue to regain their form and confidence.

As an aside, I absolutely love playing Dallas now. The two games we've had so far this year were classics. Love the growing animosity between these two teams.

Archived