The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Canucks 4 - Stars 3 - 02/21/13

Strombone1

The Luongo/Schneider debate is getting so old...so many pathetic posters putting all their effort into finding ways to put the other side of the argument down. How about cheering for the team as a whole rather than focusing all your energy into the negatives. I personally like Schneider but I'm a fan of the TEAM will always want the players to succeed, whereas some of the pathetic posters on this site are actively hoping the side they don't support fails.

Man, this pissing contest about Luongo vs. Schneider in every single bloody thread is growing old.

ANYWAY, the Canucks had some costly defensive break downs yet again, but overall I think we had a good game after we settled down after the early goal. Loved Burrows' game tonight, Kassian beat Roussell DOWN (visor sissy), and the Sedins continue to regain their form and confidence.

As an aside, I absolutely love playing Dallas now. The two games we've had so far this year were classics. Love the growing animosity between these two teams.

Ya, I too am happy with how Ballard played tonight on the right side. Why didn't we try this 2 seasons ago?

I don't think we should shake up the pairings just yet. I liked the Garrison-Ballard pairing, and Garrison seems to be more steady with less ice time. The Garrison-Bieksa pairing was a disaster if I remember correctly, keep them separate.

BTW Ballard still had the lowest ice time amoungst the D with 15:50.

It was ugly- and at high speed. There was one angle where you could clearly see Hall extend his leg at the last minute. Clutterbuck went down, was freaking out on the ice and couldn't put any weight on it. Once they got him off the ice, they used a stretcher to get him to the dressing room.

Hall is a wreckless player - has been since the day he came in this league. But it's generally at his own expense (i.e. putting himself in dangerous situations). This time, it looked pretty clear from 1 angle he extended his knee at last minute and recklessly got someone else.

Don't second guess a win guys. If we lost 3-2 then yea dissect the goals and Schneider's numbers but evidently on this night he was good enough for the win and that should be enough.

One thing to remember about goalies, they are out there to win the game, not to make their stats better. If you win the game and it wasn't a big storyline (he wasn't perfect today but it didn't end up mattering). Shouldn't we be more focused on the last powerplay, the sick Sedin goal, or the omgwtfbbq Bieksa rush?

Archived