213 replies to this topic

#181 wai_lai416

wai_lai416

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,610 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 11:32 PM

Just because a goalie is not a starter in the NHL, in no way dimishes their abilities. There are only 30 odd starters and an infinite number of goalies capable of being in the NHL, its a numbers game. New age goalies are well schooled and technically very good and only thing missing is opportunity. On the plus side, shooters don;t know their weaknesses...advantage, goalie !

i say wasted opportunity because first of all they are 2nd/3rd strings not used to the shooters habit.. 2nd we scored 3+ goals on them all and still lost either regulation or OT, and 3rd.. all of them against us really had a poor/average game just we didn't take advantage of it

#182 Understand

Understand

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,721 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 11:37 PM

Man...if it was us trailing by a goal in the last 2 mins and the other team just played keep away like that for the full 2 mins, I will just punch the TV and ended up with a broken TV and a broken fist! lol........................

#183 hockeyville88

hockeyville88

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Super Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 25,654 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 11:47 PM

Missed the game (combination of a power outage and a meeting lol) but glad we're back to winning

The give and go between Hank and Burrows was sick. Amazing that Henrik knew to expect the pass back from Burr. Anyone else might have just skated right by the net. Aaron Rome was right there but clearly he wasn't anticipating it because he didn't make an effort to get his stick in the way.

And loved the great game of keepaway the Canucks played on that last PP. Just toying with the Stars there! Thanks Makaveli for including that highlight in its entirety. Read about it on twitter and couldn't wait to get home and watch it
Posted Image
Sig credit: GoaltenderInterference. Thanks!

#184 cmpunk

cmpunk

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,051 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 11:52 PM

Smashian Kassian acting as if he supports both goalies when he clearly prefers one over the other....lol its ok we all have our prefences, you don't have to pretend
Posted Image
Credit to Vintage Canuck

#185 brewdog

brewdog

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 356 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 12:10 AM

Tomorrow should be a good test. It's been a long time since the team has gone up against a #1 goalie.

#186 *vInTaGe*

*vInTaGe*

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,408 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 12:22 AM

Nice to get a win again!

Very disappointed in Roussel, Kassian was right to be angry, gets punches thrown at him as he's reaching for the straps to undo his helmet.

This one was fun, great rush by KB and a lovely Hank goal.

Posted Image

#187 RockNroLLa.

RockNroLLa.

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,074 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 12:26 AM

seriously stop starting drama enough is enough everytime the canucks have had a back to back for awhile we have always alternated goalies all your doing is trolling

Thank you!

is that all you say and know "troll" "trolling"? You my friend are very sensitive and defensive for Schneider. Yeah we have alternated goalies, all I said was Lu should start even if it wasn't back to back.

I'm a Luongo guy, but man you are a big time homer. 3.00GAA and .888 SV% is your definition of great, enough said.

:picard:

#188 allkill326

allkill326

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,270 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 12:29 AM

Thank you!

:picard:

:picard: :picard:
Posted Image

#189 Trebreh

Trebreh

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,050 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 12:29 AM

Kassian has gotten better at fighting since his last bout with Clowe. I loved the beatdown he put on Roussel and the way he picked him up and continued to pummel him lol.

He needs to play with an edge like the way he fought tonight...

Was hoping he go with Dillion because that guy has been laying some cheap hits on Burrows and the Twins, it was kinda suprising Roussel took Kassian on.

Hopefully there will be a Clowe vs Kassian round 2 in the future.

#190 GoaltenderInterference

GoaltenderInterference

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,877 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 12:47 AM

Anybody have a video of Bieksa's kneeing penalty?

Press the Panic Button! Posted Image

Posted Image
Derek Boogaard, Rick Rypien, Wade Belak, Lokomotiv Jaroslavl
Sig by .CM.

#191 Mustapha

Mustapha

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,056 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 01:11 AM

true that is always the risk to go in with a tandem into the playoffs the only one in the post 2005 lockout era that has worked has been hasek and osgood

How many goalies did Philly use in 2010? They got to the finals...
Posted Image

What are you talking about? The Flames are one of the teams that gets good value contracts

#192 Derp...

Derp...

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,230 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 01:43 AM

Good game for us. Kelsers two assists are a bonus, but it's clear his best pass is a shot. I like him putting the puck on net a lot and picking up assists from those shots :)
linden Vey Sig

#193 Airjasper

Airjasper

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 488 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 01:54 AM

I missed the end of the game...Thank you so much for whoever posted that video of the final powerplay. LOL!

#194 ~AngelBelle~

~AngelBelle~

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 125 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 02:26 AM

PP at the end was hilarious. Trolling the Stars hard on that one.

IDK why ppl call that trolling. If this was a playoff game, i'd have absolutely no problem stalling the ticking seconds away for a safe win

#195 ~AngelBelle~

~AngelBelle~

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 125 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 02:29 AM

Nice to see Garrison play well. Schneids was solid, made some big saves, and I liked what I saw from Kassian this game.

Booth has also looked good. Gotta get him in the top 6.

Nononono please no, hes doing really well with JS and Raymond.

Actually on second thought so does Hansen and hes coming back next game. Our forwards too deep, gahhh the choices!

#196 Where's Wellwood

Where's Wellwood

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,190 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 02:37 AM

Hey CanucksHD, can you upload the entire last PP?

Makavelli has it at the end of his game highlight package.
Posted Image
Credit to khalifawiz501 for the sig.
My old sig: http://tinypic.com/v...=5#.UlSrrlAWJ7U

#197 ~AngelBelle~

~AngelBelle~

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 125 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 02:42 AM

The Luongo/Schneider debate is getting so old...so many pathetic posters putting all their effort into finding ways to put the other side of the argument down. How about cheering for the team as a whole rather than focusing all your energy into the negatives. I personally like Schneider but I'm a fan of the TEAM will always want the players to succeed, whereas some of the pathetic posters on this site are actively hoping the side they don't support fails.

Basically we're at the point where anything less than 100% perfect = flame from the "fans" who are supporting the other goalie. Sure schneids and lu have a slip up here and there, but c'mon, are you guys watching any hockey other than the nucks? Other teams will do ANYTHING to have either of our goalies

#198 Hairy Kneel

Hairy Kneel

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,232 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 08:28 AM

I was choked Roussell left his helmet on.I thought that was a penalty? The dive by Robidas! Rome was 3rd star definitally! and the cartoon face thing on the video was priceless!thanks for posting.

#199 CanucksJay

CanucksJay

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,392 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 09:05 AM

One play really stuck out to me yesterday. It was Garrison and I think Ballard defending a 2 on 2 rush.
Ballard is with the puck carrier and Garrison is with the other forward.
Garrison then all of a sudden leaves his man and goes to the puck carrier that Ballard is already engaged with leaving the other forward wide open/
The puck carrier tried to pass it off to the open man but Garrison was just able to get his stick on it in time.

What the hell was he thinking?

I've never seen a d-man completely abandon his check on a 2 on 2 before (UNLESS the puck carrier beat his d-partner)

Maybe I'm being overly critical... I was also upset that many times during PK, Garrison had the puck on the end boards, his teamates yell "time" meaning he has got lots of time to clear it and then he just rings it low along the boards which gets kept in at the blue line) I noticed this on 2 occasion.

I would think with his hard slapshot, he would just slap it high along the glass which would be much easier to clear

But then again I noticed that happens to a lot of our Dman like Hamhuis as well...

#200 higgyfan

higgyfan

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,840 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 09:07 AM

Canucks still not playing their best hockey, but still winning games. Lot of room to improve. Future looks bright.

#201 D-Money

D-Money

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,126 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 09:17 AM

I have a stroller for my kid. It has a small switch on the back - if you push it slightly to the side, it completely folds and collapses to the ground.

From now on, I'm going to call it Stephane Robidas.
Posted Image

#202 Spoosh

Spoosh

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,460 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 09:46 AM

Very enjoyable game to watch. Dallas had the upper hand at times and we were kinda lost there, but pulled back together and clicked in the third.

- Kesler was still a bit of, thats okay though.
- Booth looked good, just the execution needs to find the execution again.
- Schneider looked solid and made some really nice saves.
- Lovely goal by Hank and Burr! 10+
- Backhand -night :) Beauty by Bieksa. I've never been a big fan of him, but he still always comes through and proves me wrong.
- Happy with the goal from Garrison. That's going to help his game moving forward, knowing it'll work itself out along the way.

So many things to be happy about here, even if it was a tight game that we, nor they, did really control fully at any point.
© 2000, 2014 K'Spoosh Entertainment Ltd.

Misuse of this almost copyrighted information will with near certainty lead to misuse of it.

Posted Image

#203 D-Money

D-Money

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 13,126 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 09:55 AM

Hockey is a fast game, and being a ref is difficult. Things flash by in the blink of an eye, and rarely is a situation ever black-and-white.

However, when it is crystal clear there is a blatent infraction, there is no excuse:

75.2 Minor Penalty - A minor penalty for unsportsmanlike conduct shall be assessed under this rule for the following infractions:

iv) When a player, including a goalkeeper, is penalized for being the instigator of an altercation and who is wearing a face shield.

Posted Image
Posted Image

#204 CookieCrumbs

CookieCrumbs

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,030 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 11:09 AM

Wow, Roussel's actions were ultra-cheap. Glad when i saw him take a 95mph Garry slapper to the midsection. Karma hurts nuts.

Not sure why Kassian was benched when it's Kesler who was to blame for that first goal and of course the net-front giveaway. He came back too early again, folks. What a hero.

Roussel is a joke. That pu**sy needs to take off his damn visor if he's going to agree to fight like that. Then he tries to rush Kassian?

I MEAN COME ONNNNNNNNNN!

#205 clutesi

clutesi

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,596 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 12:14 PM

I think Schoeder with Raymond looked good again. They were against Jagr's line a couple of times and didn't get embarassed. Hamhuis was great. How can Jagr be 41 and play like that?

#206 D-Money

D-Money

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 13,126 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 12:43 PM

true that is always the risk to go in with a tandem into the playoffs the only one in the post 2005 lockout era that has worked has been hasek and osgood

Wrong. In fact, the only post-lockout teams to win the cup who definitely did not have a tandem of sorts were Los Angeles and Pittsburgh.

Tim Thomas only started 2/3 of Bruins' games in 2010-11, Rask got the other 1/3. Maybe that's why he was still so fresh in the Finals?

In 2009-10, Niemi only started in 35 games. He was part of a tandem with Huet, who had started 46.

Even Carolina and Anaheim had back-ups (Ward & Bryzgalov) that played more than the average back-up, and who both made contributions to their cup wins (the former won the Conn Smythe).
Posted Image

#207 MikeyD

MikeyD

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,252 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 12:56 PM

I don't understand why people beef about the goalies. Both give us a great chance to win. Cory deserved this game for his Chicago game and Lou deserves the next start because it was an average game for Cory just like the game before Chicago. Lately we just ride the goalie that's hot.

Posted Image

#208 MikeyD

MikeyD

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,252 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 01:04 PM

One play really stuck out to me yesterday. It was Garrison and I think Ballard defending a 2 on 2 rush.
Ballard is with the puck carrier and Garrison is with the other forward.
Garrison then all of a sudden leaves his man and goes to the puck carrier that Ballard is already engaged with leaving the other forward wide open/
The puck carrier tried to pass it off to the open man but Garrison was just able to get his stick on it in time.

What the hell was he thinking?

I've never seen a d-man completely abandon his check on a 2 on 2 before (UNLESS the puck carrier beat his d-partner)

Maybe I'm being overly critical... I was also upset that many times during PK, Garrison had the puck on the end boards, his teamates yell "time" meaning he has got lots of time to clear it and then he just rings it low along the boards which gets kept in at the blue line) I noticed this on 2 occasion.

I would think with his hard slapshot, he would just slap it high along the glass which would be much easier to clear

But then again I noticed that happens to a lot of our Dman like Hamhuis as well...

Yeah its a weird play for NHL but its actually rather effective because if you angle him right it prevents a left hand shot from being effective off the left hand side. Its riskier because if he gets beat though inside then he's in trouble but regardless if he gets beat its to the backhand and then the forward would have to readjust his feet to angle back towards the net so at best it slows him down and allows the forwards on van to get back in the rush.

Under utilized play a little risky but its practically just the same technique Dan hamhuis uses one on one.

But definitely akward cuz it was a two on two and he came across to Ballard without clear communication.

Posted Image

#209 Ginu

Ginu

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 530 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 01:31 PM

Win is a win... feels good to get two points and The Kassian fight was epic.. too bad the refs stopped him or Russell would have gotten killed.
Posted Image

#210 WHLhockey36

WHLhockey36

K-Wing Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 03:02 PM

Also, Garrison had a steady game and Tanev was great on the PK. Kass destroying Rousell was classic - esp since Rousell started swinging before Kass even knew he was in a fight.

Sidenote: Taylor Hall better get a phone call from his knee flap on Clutterbuck right now. Garbage.

Garrison looks like he is getting more and more comfortable with the Canucks system, he is going to be a star on the blueline for a long time. Tanev keeps improving as well, he could be a good one.

Hall is getting a call, but be careful what you wish for. Bieksa stuck his knee out on Loui, so should he get a call too? What's good for one player should be good for the other. Way too much one-sidedness on this forum.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.