87 replies to this topic

#31 Caboose

Caboose

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,529 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 10:07 PM

On this board if you don't unquestioningly believe Kassian is the second coming of Cam Neely and Hodgson will be forever an inferior player you are dubbed a troll.

I apologize on the behalf of a reputable board members for this garbage.

MessiSig.jpg

Credit to: MrNHLFanatic

#32 canuckfan85

canuckfan85

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 718 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 10:14 PM

The main reason Cody has all those points is because Buffalo just has zero depth at any position pretty much, even goaltending this year.

When Zack was in our top 6 he took games over and was a point a game, but we have a lot of depth so AV moves him around a lot.
If Zack was in our top 6 all the time, he'd have 12-13 points, not to mention, no body messes with our team anymore, Zack has singlehandedly changed that.

I always said a line of Kesler-Hodgson- Booth would have been amazing...but Cody was more into complaining (compare him to schneider, schroeder who are patient) instead of waiting his turn.

Good bye cody, enjoy the basement dwelling in Buffalo- when Buffalo gets an actual top line center, cody will have to eat some humble pie and take a reduction in minutes

#33 SabreFan1

SabreFan1

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,316 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 10:16 PM

I apologize on the behalf of a reputable board members for this garbage.

No worries. I just don't want people to think that I'm trying to troll. Cody has me excited about his future. He's scored skill goals this year and he even gets into scrums to try and get points. I definitely enjoy watching him play.

I've watched Kassian play ever since we drafted him and even though he's loyal and very likable, he's also very streaky.

CDC_Banner.jpg     #23 - Buffalo's New Generation!

#34 Caboose

Caboose

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 12,529 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 10:20 PM

I'm a Leafs fan living in a cruel place.

MessiSig.jpg

Credit to: MrNHLFanatic

#35 SabreFan1

SabreFan1

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,316 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 10:21 PM

The main reason Cody has all those points is because Buffalo just has zero depth at any position pretty much, even goaltending this year.

When Zack was in our top 6 he took games over and was a point a game, but we have a lot of depth so AV moves him around a lot.
If Zack was in our top 6 all the time, he'd have 12-13 points, not to mention, no body messes with our team anymore, Zack has singlehandedly changed that.

I always said a line of Kesler-Hodgson- Booth would have been amazing...but Cody was more into complaining (compare him to schneider, schroeder who are patient) instead of waiting his turn.

Good bye cody, enjoy the basement dwelling in Buffalo- when Buffalo gets an actual top line center, cody will have to eat some humble pie and take a reduction in minutes

I understand what you're saying. Zack has brought the team some much needed grit. Buffalo will be out of the basement if we can just finally get rid of our GM. He drafts and trades well enough but he's horrible in the free agent market and ever since he was given unlimited funds by our current billionaire owner he has overpaid for several players.

#36 pimpcurtly

pimpcurtly

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 12,366 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 10:22 PM

Glad to hear Cody is doing well!
Posted Image

#37 SabreFan1

SabreFan1

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,316 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 10:23 PM

I'm a Leafs fan living in a cruel place.

The leafs are pretty decent this year. Especially when you compare them to the teams from the last few years.

#38 SabreFan1

SabreFan1

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,316 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 10:26 PM

Glad to hear Cody is doing well!

I'm happy to hear Kass is protecting his team this year, but I think the 'nucks are just going to have to be happy with just that for at a couple more years. Kass has always been a stop and go player even when he played for the Rochester Amerks in the AHL.

#39 pimpcurtly

pimpcurtly

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 12,366 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 10:31 PM

I'm happy to hear Kass is protecting his team this year, but I think the 'nucks are just going to have to be happy with just that for at a couple more years. Kass has always been a stop and go player even when he played for the Rochester Amerks in the AHL.

Yah unlike a lot of Canuck fans, I have no problem being patient with him. The kid just turned 22.
Posted Image

#40 SabreFan1

SabreFan1

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,316 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 10:33 PM

If you go to Sabres.com you guys will get a kick out of watching Cody's goal from tonight. Off of a Tampa Bay player's stick then off of the goalie's back.

Edited by SabreFan1, 26 February 2013 - 10:36 PM.

#41 SabreFan1

SabreFan1

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,316 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 10:35 PM

Yah unlike a lot of Canuck fans, I have no problem being patient with him. The kid just turned 22.

He can go either way. He's either going to break out a couple of years from now or fizzle. He's a very nice guy so I hope he offensively kicks butt on the ice eventually.

#42 canuckfan85

canuckfan85

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 718 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 10:37 PM

If you go to Sabres.com you guys will get a kick out of watching Cody's goal from tonight. Off of a Tampa Bay player's stick then off of the goalie's back.

a real "skill goal" like sabrefan1 mentioned.

#43 SabreFan1

SabreFan1

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,316 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 10:41 PM

He's an excellent shooter with honest to goodness real skills but sometimes you get lucky. Even Vanek has had a couple of those this year.

#44 Tangerines

Tangerines

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,312 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 10:59 PM

Didn't he have a couple go off his leg, butt, and big head as well?? Whats his +/- by the way?

#45 canucks.bradley

canucks.bradley

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,415 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 10:59 PM

cody is doing great. dont listen to the people who think kassian is this super awesome player. i do not know why they never tried cody at centre with kesler on the wing.
Posted Image
3000th post - September, 2010

K guys I nd hlp fast. Im @ a girls I rly like & txtng from my iphone. I did a #2 in the bathroom and it plugged, water is almost overflowing toilet. Srsly I dunno wut 2 do somebody help!

Watch Bowness somehow mess up Tampa Bay's already amazing 2 powerplay units...he'll probably tell Stamkos to do drop passes from centre ice, take him out from the faceoff dot, and place him infront of the goalie :lol:

#46 Ghewlash

Ghewlash

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 336 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 11:00 PM

He's an excellent shooter with honest to goodness real skills but sometimes you get lucky. Even Vanek has had a couple of those this year.

Man everybody is just beating up on this guy in here, and he is taking with much aplomb I must say! We on this board could learn a thing or two from this visitor. Kudos to you SabreFan1, if more people like were like you, this forum and the internet in general would be more conducive to discussion.

#47 SabreFan1

SabreFan1

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,316 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 11:05 PM

Didn't he have a couple go off his leg, butt, and big head as well?? Whats his +/- by the way?

8 goals 8 assists -5. The Sabres defense has been horrid this year. His +/- isn't his fault.

#48 SabreFan1

SabreFan1

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,316 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 11:08 PM

Man everybody is just beating up on this guy in here, and he is taking with much aplomb I must say! We on this board could learn a thing or two from this visitor. Kudos to you SabreFan1, if more people like were like you, this forum and the internet in general would be more conducive to discussion.

Thanks. :)

#49 Tangerines

Tangerines

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,312 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 11:09 PM

He came here to shove crap in your face. Why couldn't he just have this discussion on the Buffalo Sabres boards? Good for Cody. He is a good player thats great. Why the topic's of Cody being great and Cody being this, and that on this site is beyond me. Who cares? Kassian is on this team now, and I dont really care about Cody Hodgson anymore..

Edited by JohnLennon, 26 February 2013 - 11:17 PM.

#50 cadillaccts

cadillaccts

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,527 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 11:13 PM

I like Kassian. If he ever finds a consistent groove, I'll be happy with the trade. He doesn't have to score 60 points, but if he can consistently generate some type of offense, hit, and stick up for his teammates - he will be more valuable to us than Hodgson would have ever been.

That being said.. He hasn't been consistent at all. But neither has the team in general, so I think it's unfair to target Kassian specifically.

Good on Cody for playing well so far. Regardless of who we got in return in that trade - Cody wasn't going to work out here for numerous reasons. The writing was on the wall.

#51 SabreFan1

SabreFan1

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,316 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 11:16 PM

He came here to shove crap in your face. Why couldn't he just have this discussion on the Buffalo Sabres boards? Good for Cody. He is a good player thats great. Why the topic's of Cody being great and Cody being this, and that on this site is beyond me.

Really? Seriously? Read the thread. I've apologized several times and acknowledged other people's points of view. I came here because I've been reading CDC for the last 2 years and I have been a member of the board for almost the last year. Try not to be so sensitive. I mean no harm and once again, I'm not trying to troll anybody.

#52 SabreFan1

SabreFan1

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,316 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 11:20 PM

I like Kassian. If he ever finds a consistent groove, I'll be happy with the trade. He doesn't have to score 60 points, but if he can consistently generate some type of offense, hit, and stick up for his teammates - he will be more valuable to us than Hodgson would have ever been.

That being said.. He hasn't been consistent at all. But neither has the team in general, so I think it's unfair to target Kassian specifically.

Good on Cody for playing well so far. Regardless of who we got in return in that trade - Cody wasn't going to work out here for numerous reasons. The writing was on the wall.

I posted here last year about Kass. He's a great guy but he has always been streaky. He's a stand up guy with heart and grit. I just don't know how he will do long term. We'll know for sure a couple of years from now.

I'm just glad Cody is already paying off for the Sabres.

#53 MoneypuckOverlord

MoneypuckOverlord

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 7,318 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 11:23 PM

8 goals 8 assists -5. The Sabres defense has been horrid this year. His +/- isn't his fault.

we know that already, however your own kind, (Sabres fans) are also complaining about his defensive play. That being said, I am glad you are happy with him. I like him as player. That trade caught me off guard.

Players Nikolaj Ehlers have been compared too by the fan base of the Vancouver Canucks.

1 Pavel Bure

2 Markus Naslund

3 Nathan Mackkinon

4 Jonathan Drouin.

5 Jonathan Tavares

http://bleacherrepor...d-top-prospects

combine results.  Ehlers 5'11 162 lbs of solid rock.  

#54 Tangerines

Tangerines

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,312 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 11:25 PM

Really? Seriously? Read the thread. I've apologized several times and acknowledged other people's points of view. I came here because I've been reading CDC for the last 2 years and I have been a member of the board for almost the last year. Try not to be so sensitive. I mean no harm and once again, I'm not trying to troll anybody.

Not being sensitive. Just kinda sick and tired of hearing about Cody this, and Cody that since he's been traded. There is a new thread about either Zack, or Cody on this site everyday. Why not just contribute to one of the other 10 threads that are going on about Cody or Zack around here? Anyway not upset at all. You can post whatever you wish Sabre1.

#55 SabreFan1

SabreFan1

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,316 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 11:32 PM

we know that already, however your own kind, (Sabres fans) are also complaining about his defensive play. That being said, I am glad you are happy with him. I like him as player. That trade caught me off guard.

"My own kind" is bitching about everything and anything right now. Our defense keeps underachieving, not our 1st front line.

#56 SabreFan1

SabreFan1

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,316 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 11:38 PM

There is a new thread about either Zack, or Cody on this site everyday. Why not just contribute to one of the other 10 threads that are going on about Cody or Zack around here?

I posted on a couple of the threads last year. Mostly trying to tell CDC that Kass was/is streaky and that he was in Lindy Ruff's doghouse when the trade happened. I'm mostly a conversationalist. I try not to argue and intentionally peeve people off or troll on the web. It's rarely worth it.

Edited by SabreFan1, 26 February 2013 - 11:41 PM.

#57 Dragonfruits

Dragonfruits

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 12,485 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 11:48 PM

some stuff to consider

1. kassian is younger and playing on the 4th line compared to the 1st line

2. buffalo is 15th in the east canucks are 3rd in the west

3. hodgson can get all the points on that 1 line team he wants doesn't change the fact there 15th

#58 SabreFan1

SabreFan1

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,316 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 11:55 PM

some stuff to consider

1. kassian is younger and playing on the 4th line compared to the 1st line

If I remember right, Kass is one year younger. AV is wasting him by putting him on the fourth line. He'll never learn that way. He should be on the third.

2. buffalo is 15th in the east canucks are 3rd in the west

What's your point? I like the Canucks. Always have - always will.

3. hodgson can get all the points on that 1 line team he wants doesn't change the fact there 15th

Again, what's your point?

#59 MoneypuckOverlord

MoneypuckOverlord

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 7,318 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 12:03 AM

ummmmm, what he was trying to say is, no matter how good he is playing right now the Buffalo Sabres are still the worst in the Eastern Conference. So statistic wise, it looks on Cody Hodgson, however the big picture is, is he helping his team win? Absolutley not. Did he help his team win tonight? Yup. We are not looking over that. With him they are 15th, chances are without him, they will still probably be 15th. BTW are you done yet? We;ve beaten this topic to death already. Canucks fans that is. A lot of us miss him, and still talk about this trade. No point bringing it back up.

Players Nikolaj Ehlers have been compared too by the fan base of the Vancouver Canucks.

1 Pavel Bure

2 Markus Naslund

3 Nathan Mackkinon

4 Jonathan Drouin.

5 Jonathan Tavares

http://bleacherrepor...d-top-prospects

combine results.  Ehlers 5'11 162 lbs of solid rock.  

#60 SabreFan1

SabreFan1

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,316 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 12:09 AM

BTW are you done yet? We;ve beaten this topic to death already. Canucks fans that is.

I doubt CDC is going to let this thread die any time soon. It seems that I ticked off too many people. No worries though. All I can really do is talk about Cody and Kass with people who want to talk about it, and keep apologizing to those who I've made angry and/or irritated.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.