The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

That LA game will either be the turning point or the reality

yete

well, middle of 2 significant injuries (start of one, end of another)... can hardly say this is a defining game.

if neither of those 2 got injured, then yes. show us.

however, its funny and weird. even if this was a defining game - which is definitely is not (unless you think the nucks are better off without kesler and bieksa) - there is some magic that comes from confidence and believing in yourself. the nucks don't believe in themselves this year - not yet. not too late, but they need positive reinforcement.

we (humans) are self-reflexive by nature. positive feeds more positive. negative feeds more negative. nothing we can do to change, that is an ingrained pattern. what we can do is rise above the negative and turn things around, and focus on the positive to keep it going when it is. welcome to the feedback loop, if you missed the first act, it will play again in a little while...

but for the canucks, right now, they need something positive to happen. 2 goalies neither of whom is focused on the team - rather if they are going to play (at least it is a distraction that is BAD for the team, no doubt about it). selke winner who is injured so often the last 2 years no one even believes he will be himself for the upcoming playoffs. team defense that should be terrific but is unsure of itself. So this is where you need your leader, and captain, to carry the team. The Sedins need to have monster games for the next 10 and put the team on their backs... er... or didn't they recently say they don't need to score anymore? what kind of leadership is that? wtf? I believe in them, I think they're the best thing to have ever happened to this team. But do they believe in themselves? They need a positive feedback as much as anyone does it seems.

firing the coach is just more negativity. unless you think he is incompetent, then it's positive. I don't believe that to be the case, and in any case, who is going to coach if not him right now? From what I have seen he is not negative by nature.

what will tell us if the season is good or bad is: if we are still in a playoff spot a month from now. to me, that is the real question. we will have gotten into a positive feedback loop (like all good teams do, and scf winners are thriving on it), or we will not.

It's about the big picture. You want to see the team hit rock bottom because so many times in life rock bottom is the platform for a leap to new heights. It doesn't mean anyone gets a kick out of seeing the Canucks lose 6-0, it just means they would rather see that happen and see the good things that would come of it, rather than watch mediocrity forever.

Hate to say it, but I want the Kings to destroy the Canucks. This team needs to major change, and a crushing defeat will hopefully be the catalyst (i.e. - coaching change is a must for starters).

I am pretty convinced that the Canucks will be blown out of the building tomorrow.

well, middle of 2 significant injuries (start of one, end of another)... can hardly say this is a defining game.

if neither of those 2 got injured, then yes. show us.

however, its funny and weird. even if this was a defining game - which is definitely is not (unless you think the nucks are better off without kesler and bieksa) - there is some magic that comes from confidence and believing in yourself. the nucks don't believe in themselves this year - not yet. not too late, but they need positive reinforcement.

we (humans) are self-reflexive by nature. positive feeds more positive. negative feeds more negative. nothing we can do to change, that is an ingrained pattern. what we can do is rise above the negative and turn things around, and focus on the positive to keep it going when it is. welcome to the feedback loop, if you missed the first act, it will play again in a little while...

but for the canucks, right now, they need something positive to happen. 2 goalies neither of whom is focused on the team - rather if they are going to play (at least it is a distraction that is BAD for the team, no doubt about it). selke winner who is injured so often the last 2 years no one even believes he will be himself for the upcoming playoffs. team defense that should be terrific but is unsure of itself. So this is where you need your leader, and captain, to carry the team. The Sedins need to have monster games for the next 10 and put the team on their backs... er... or didn't they recently say they don't need to score anymore? what kind of leadership is that? wtf? I believe in them, I think they're the best thing to have ever happened to this team. But do they believe in themselves? They need a positive feedback as much as anyone does it seems.

firing the coach is just more negativity. unless you think he is incompetent, then it's positive. I don't believe that to be the case, and in any case, who is going to coach if not him right now? From what I have seen he is not negative by nature.

what will tell us if the season is good or bad is: if we are still in a playoff spot a month from now. to me, that is the real question. we will have gotten into a positive feedback loop (like all good teams do, and scf winners are thriving on it), or we will not.

Teams play the way they practice...

You say regular season means nothing to this team but apparently the playoffs don't either because we've only been past the 2nd round once under AV's tenure.

Say that nothing changes with this team, do you honestly think we can flip the switch and win the cup?

If Sestito plays, I hope he gets owned and Makes Gillis look like a fool.

Seriously... 2nd fight of him I've watched and the 2nd time he's been knocked out. He's big but sucks at fighting just like Weise... Is Gillis trying to turn us into the softest team in the league?

The panel at the start of the season said we got a lot tougher with Volpatti in our line up, now we have 2 guys who can't win a fight to save their lives.

Great.

Archived