The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Pinozotto coming up?

jono2009

This is really disappointing. Volpatti is the team leader in hits and among the NHL's top 30, I believe. He provided a much needed physical presence in the lineup and could fight. All this and he gets waived in anticipation of the much heralded Steven Pinizzotto's return? I don't buy it. I agree with Bob's follow-up tweet that states Vancouver needs to free up a roster spot for Pinizzotto when he comes off the IR so that he can then be sent down to the AHL. Remember, he's on the NHL IR, not the AHL IR.

Now, that still leaves the Canucks with an empty roster spot, since Volpatti will also be in the AHL or picked up on waivers. This is where I'm personally coming to the conclusion that Gillis wants to free up a roster spot for Nicklas Jensen.

This is really disappointing. Volpatti is the team leader in hits and among the NHL's top 30, I believe. He provided a much needed physical presence in the lineup and could fight. All this and he gets waived in anticipation of the much heralded Steven Pinizzotto's return? I don't buy it. I agree with Bob's follow-up tweet that states Vancouver needs to free up a roster spot for Pinizzotto when he comes off the IR so that he can then be sent down to the AHL. Remember, he's on the NHL IR, not the AHL IR.

Now, that still leaves the Canucks with an empty roster spot, since Volpatti will also be in the AHL or picked up on waivers. This is where I'm personally coming to the conclusion that Gillis wants to free up a roster spot for Nicklas Jensen.

Archived