Welcome to canucks.com Vancouver Canucks homepage

Photo
- - - - -

Pinozotto coming up?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
14 replies to this topic

#1 jono2009

jono2009

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 573 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 10:43 AM

@TSNBobMcKenzie: Aaron Volpatti on waivers for 2 reasons. 1. Get him icetime. 2. Open roster spot for Steve Pinizzotto, coming off injured non-roster status.

#2 jono2009

jono2009

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 573 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 10:44 AM

I shared this idea about a month ago and if this is true what a great opportunity for Steve.

#3 Xbox

Xbox

Formerly Lups

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,020 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 10:46 AM

That would be great for Steve, but I was hoping to see Vandermeer.

That wouldnt really make sense though because it was Volpatti on waivers, not Cam Barker

#4 Kevin Biestra

Kevin Biestra

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,904 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 10:47 AM

I am the duplicate thread police and you are under arrest, sir.

Watch your head as you get in the car.
Posted ImagePosted Image

Biestra speaks. Biestra educates.

Let Canucks management know you want King Richard Brodeur in the Ring of Honour with no further delay! He's been retired for 25 years!

http://forum.canucks...e-king-richard/

#5 NuxFan09

NuxFan09

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,179 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 11:07 AM

This is really disappointing. Volpatti is the team leader in hits and among the NHL's top 30, I believe. He provided a much needed physical presence in the lineup and could fight. All this and he gets waived in anticipation of the much heralded Steven Pinizzotto's return? I don't buy it. I agree with Bob's follow-up tweet that states Vancouver needs to free up a roster spot for Pinizzotto when he comes off the IR so that he can then be sent down to the AHL. Remember, he's on the NHL IR, not the AHL IR.

Now, that still leaves the Canucks with an empty roster spot, since Volpatti will also be in the AHL or picked up on waivers. This is where I'm personally coming to the conclusion that Gillis wants to free up a roster spot for Nicklas Jensen.

#6 CookieCrumbs

CookieCrumbs

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,069 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 11:10 AM

Lets nip this in the butt early, it's PINIZZOTTO!

#7 yogolol

yogolol

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,056 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 11:31 AM

This is really disappointing. Volpatti is the team leader in hits and among the NHL's top 30, I believe. He provided a much needed physical presence in the lineup and could fight. All this and he gets waived in anticipation of the much heralded Steven Pinizzotto's return? I don't buy it. I agree with Bob's follow-up tweet that states Vancouver needs to free up a roster spot for Pinizzotto when he comes off the IR so that he can then be sent down to the AHL. Remember, he's on the NHL IR, not the AHL IR.

Now, that still leaves the Canucks with an empty roster spot, since Volpatti will also be in the AHL or picked up on waivers. This is where I'm personally coming to the conclusion that Gillis wants to free up a roster spot for Nicklas Jensen.

Isn't it a bit soon for Jensen to come over, the SEL season ends March 5th and apparantly his team is only 3 points out of a playoff spot.

Edited by yogolol, 27 February 2013 - 11:31 AM.

Watch my hockey tributes! http://www.youtube.c...urjesuss/videos

#8 dorrcoq

dorrcoq

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,037 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 11:34 AM

Major roster move! Waive/demote the 13th forward and call up...another 13th forward. Let the parade begin!

#9 Everybody Hates Raymond

Everybody Hates Raymond

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,656 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 11:35 AM

Love this guy.

#10 NuxFan09

NuxFan09

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,179 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 11:45 AM

Isn't it a bit soon for Jensen to come over, the SEL season ends March 5th and apparantly his team is only 3 points out of a playoff spot.

True, but something tells me there's a slight possibility Gillis pulls Jensen out of Sweden regardless. Just a hunch, though. I could be way off base.

#11 Everybody Hates Raymond

Everybody Hates Raymond

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,656 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 11:47 AM

Only way Jensen gets called up is if a winger trade is coming. We already have a log jam of wingers

#12 Teen Icarus

Teen Icarus

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,018 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 11:47 AM

Yeah, but I'm kind of concerned that somebody might pick Volpatti off of waivers - he's been a useful asset.
Spoiler

#13 riffraff

riffraff

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,696 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 11:51 AM

I like pinner and looking forward to seeing what he can do but volpatti filled a role we needed....

Weise is not intimidating.
Posted Image

CanucksSayEh, on 12 March 2013 - 10:12 PM, said:
When the playoffs come around, nobody is scared of getting in a fight, but every night, they get their mom to check under the bed for Raffi Torres.

#14 Sugar baby watermelon

Sugar baby watermelon

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,772 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 12:42 PM

I am the duplicate thread police and you are under arrest, sir.

Watch your head as you get in the car.

See now this is the kind of response I like, a little sarcasm goes a long way!!!

#15 debluvscanucks

debluvscanucks

Homer Hall Of Famer

• Super Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,477 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 01:03 PM

Posted Image

2421657-1-1-1-1-1.jpg

You can be livin the dream at home. Dont even need to put yer pants on.

-Offensive Threat

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.