Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

jono2009

Pinozotto coming up?

15 posts in this topic

@TSNBobMcKenzie: Aaron Volpatti on waivers for 2 reasons. 1. Get him icetime. 2. Open roster spot for Steve Pinizzotto, coming off injured non-roster status.

I shared this idea about a month ago and if this is true what a great opportunity for Steve.

That would be great for Steve, but I was hoping to see Vandermeer.

That wouldnt really make sense though because it was Volpatti on waivers, not Cam Barker

I am the duplicate thread police and you are under arrest, sir.

Watch your head as you get in the car.

This is really disappointing. Volpatti is the team leader in hits and among the NHL's top 30, I believe. He provided a much needed physical presence in the lineup and could fight. All this and he gets waived in anticipation of the much heralded Steven Pinizzotto's return? I don't buy it. I agree with Bob's follow-up tweet that states Vancouver needs to free up a roster spot for Pinizzotto when he comes off the IR so that he can then be sent down to the AHL. Remember, he's on the NHL IR, not the AHL IR.

Now, that still leaves the Canucks with an empty roster spot, since Volpatti will also be in the AHL or picked up on waivers. This is where I'm personally coming to the conclusion that Gillis wants to free up a roster spot for Nicklas Jensen.

This is really disappointing. Volpatti is the team leader in hits and among the NHL's top 30, I believe. He provided a much needed physical presence in the lineup and could fight. All this and he gets waived in anticipation of the much heralded Steven Pinizzotto's return? I don't buy it. I agree with Bob's follow-up tweet that states Vancouver needs to free up a roster spot for Pinizzotto when he comes off the IR so that he can then be sent down to the AHL. Remember, he's on the NHL IR, not the AHL IR.

Now, that still leaves the Canucks with an empty roster spot, since Volpatti will also be in the AHL or picked up on waivers. This is where I'm personally coming to the conclusion that Gillis wants to free up a roster spot for Nicklas Jensen.

Major roster move! Waive/demote the 13th forward and call up...another 13th forward. Let the parade begin!

Isn't it a bit soon for Jensen to come over, the SEL season ends March 5th and apparantly his team is only 3 points out of a playoff spot.

Yeah, but I'm kind of concerned that somebody might pick Volpatti off of waivers - he's been a useful asset.

I like pinner and looking forward to seeing what he can do but volpatti filled a role we needed....

Weise is not intimidating.

I am the duplicate thread police and you are under arrest, sir.

Watch your head as you get in the car.