The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Riviera and smurf... honestly u never answer me...

Why do u hate roberto? Gotta be something personal ... did he run over ur dog with his car?

Cmpunk just let them be, they're hate has fogged up their judgment.

on the team 1040 they were talking about a deal with SJ. It is clear MG asking price for Lu is too high and we are not going to get much for him. They were talking about the possibility of Schneider being dealt to get a right handed d man and a center.

They were talking about Schneider in a package for Boyle and Handzus as an example. That is not a very good return.

However my proposal Schneider + Ballard/ a dman for Boyle and Pavelski? They got 3 solid centers don't think they would want to move Couture but Pavelski I could see....this addresses our needs, fact is Lu will only fetch us a few draft picks as a salary dump, but you gotta expect a team will give salary back.

No bloody way. Look at the top earners for goaltenders. Those guys were all given contracts during the last CBA when the cap was sky high. This CBA is structured much differently, and Cory would likely resign at a bit of a discount as most of our guys do. I wouldn't be surprised if he gets maxed out for performance bonuses, as they no longer count against the cap. But, I bet his cap-hit will be kept reasonable.

I can't believe that we are still talking about obtaining a dman.. we have 5 4mill Dmen..and a 3rd line centre. we have lappy we have shroeder we have kesler and gaunce coming soon enough.. and that college kid we just signed. ..

Our goalie, which ever one it is is the best trade asset we have had in years. The biggest hole this team has had for years now is consistent scoring after the sedins.. we need a top 6 LEGIT 25-30 goal scorer.. a guy that does it no matter who he plays with consistently year after year and in the playoffs.. the last two outings in the playoffs were because of NO SCORING, not because we didn't have a shut down center (cough cough kesler and his selke) or a right handed dman.. we don't score enough goals when it counts and that is what our best trade asset since bertuzzi should be used to get.

I can't believe that we are still talking about obtaining a dman.. we have 5 4mill Dmen..and a 3rd line centre. we have lappy we have shroeder we have kesler and gaunce coming soon enough.. and that college kid we just signed. ..

Our goalie, which ever one it is is the best trade asset we have had in years. The biggest hole this team has had for years now is consistent scoring after the sedins.. we need a top 6 LEGIT 25-30 goal scorer.. a guy that does it no matter who he plays with consistently year after year and in the playoffs.. the last two outings in the playoffs were because of NO SCORING, not because we didn't have a shut down center (cough cough kesler and his selke) or a right handed dman.. we don't score enough goals when it counts and that is what our best trade asset since bertuzzi should be used to get.

You're mostly right.

I order to have a real chance at winning a Cup, the Canucks need a 2C, a T6F who can score, a T1D and a whole lot of grit and sand paper.

They're not out of te woods just yet. This Moneyball machine mentality based on statistics is not working at all and that defense by committee isn't working either.

I bet Bouwmeester would rejuvenate his career on a team like the Canucks. Instead, he'll rejuvenate his career on a team like Detroit.

on the team 1040 they were talking about a deal with SJ. It is clear MG asking price for Lu is too high and we are not going to get much for him. They were talking about the possibility of Schneider being dealt to get a right handed d man and a center.

They were talking about Schneider in a package for Boyle and Handzus as an example. That is not a very good return.

However my proposal Schneider + Ballard/ a dman for Boyle and Pavelski? They got 3 solid centers don't think they would want to move Couture but Pavelski I could see....this addresses our needs, fact is Lu will only fetch us a few draft picks as a salary dump, but you gotta expect a team will give salary back.

Believe it or not, but I dont hate Luongo. Personally, since the rise of Schneider and all of the playoff letdowns from Luongo, I've simply just had it with him. I also didn't appreciate how in a HNIC interview he basically said he plays for everyone except the fans.

After that there is all the talk on these boards about how he is elite, how he's accomplished this and that, how the Canucks are nothing without him, and how Schneider isn't half the the player Luongo is.

One thing I do hate is the thought of going into another playoff season and watching Luongo get ventilated again while the Canucks bow out with a whimper. No matter what the excuses are, an elite goaltender should never ever get lit up with the regularity in the playoffs that Luongo has. If the same thing happens to Schneider year after year I will eat my words, but I dont think it will.

Again, I dont hate Luongo but I dont believe he's the answer for us in goal, not anymore. Good luck to him where ever he goes.

My suggestion for a good, satisfying T1D is a large cobb salad, 3 10oz glasses of water, and maybe a 100mg dose of docusate sodium around 7/8pm. The next morning, get up and go for a 20/30 minute walk. On your way home, pick up a 20oz double or triple latte or Americano. By the time you get home, your T1D should be on the verge of touching cotton. Grab a newspaper, your iPad, or a smartphone and find an article about the goaltending controversy in Vancouver. Take your rightful place on the thundermug and wait for the fireworks. It always works for me.

YMMV

Archived