The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Are Canucks Falling Apart?

goneforever

The Canucks are playing very bland hockey, the scary part is that they've been playing this way since the beginning of last season.

They don't play with much jump on most nights and to me lack passion.

I'd hate to see Vigneault go just because the team has "tuned him out", but I want to win a Stanley Cup.

Look at what late-season coaching changes did for the Penguins and I swear there are a couple more recent examples.

No, just some of the trials and tribulations that hockey teams face at any given time.

This team does know how to adjust and is fairly resillient...they've been juggled around a lot already so have some versatility.

I believe "what doesn't break you" comes into play to some degree.

They aren't falling apart. They just aren't that good.

The fact that Gillis hasn't brought in one forward of significance in his tenure will prove to be the Canucks downfall. Gillis is been a complete failure as a GM and needs to be replaced.

Ever since going to the Stanley Cup finals 2 years ago, this team still hasnt recovered mentally i believe. We lost key pieces after that run such as Erhoff, Salo, Torres, etc... and many of our players have underperformed since (i.e. Kesler, Bieksa, Edler this year, Raymond last year, Sedins production decreasing but that's expected since they already peaked, and we got players like that are not performing that we expected to like Booth and Garrison). Luongo has been good since the run but still I'd say has some meltdowns which is entirely not his fault, i.e Detroit game.

But out of all that, I believe the reason we have been mediocre at best this year is because of management and coaching. AV has been horrible and his record is good because of the good team that we put together over the years. Av has been outcoached in the playoffs numerous times, gives our young guys very little ice time, his "protect the lead" strategy is too predictable now and he has done nothing to change that. I really think we need to let AV go. Mike Gillis hasn't done much either since our run. He still hasn't been able to get what this team truly needs (true 2nd line winger, a number 1 dmen)

Vintage...you've been aroudn a long time and usually post pretty measured responses. Are you actually happy with 10-9? Cna you honestly say you see a team on tehice that is a contender?

To me, I wouldn't care if they were 5 and 14 if they were playing well buyt getting bad breaks. The stats are very misleading and generous to how this team has played.

Neither goalie is happy and that is starting to show in things being leaked. We have young players that are being tossed around up and down the lineup being asked to be 1st line players one day and then 4th lline plugs the next. Be an enforcer but if you make a mistake, it's 4th line for you.

The musical chairs on the back end is comical. It's is no wonder the defence is a mess.

The team looks disorganised and uninterested for long periods of time and has been dominated for stretches in every game. The only difference between them being 10-9 and 0-18 is the level their goalies play at. i.e. getting a point in Chicago after giving up 30 scoring chances!! Stats say they got a ppoint. Anyone who watched that game knows they were dominated worse than any team I have watched this year.

First round, then golfing.

Its time for a major trade to shake up the core. Gillis has given this core ample time and they're slipping. Trade a core player, and I'm not talking goalie one of our goalies. Time for these guys to be shown, you don't want to win here you'll be gone. No one rides for free. Trade time.

Archived