117 replies to this topic

#31 KraKassian

KraKassian

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 240 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 07:34 PM

If there is any time to mail it in, it's this season with the length of the season, risk of injury, and depth of this year's draft.

#32 debluvscanucks

debluvscanucks

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Super Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 25,389 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 07:37 PM

No, just some of the trials and tribulations that hockey teams face at any given time.

This team does know how to adjust and is fairly resillient...they've been juggled around a lot already so have some versatility.

I believe "what doesn't break you" comes into play to some degree.

Posted Image

#33 gradin123

gradin123

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,101 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 07:45 PM

They aren't falling apart. They just aren't that good.

The fact that Gillis hasn't brought in one forward of significance in his tenure will prove to be the Canucks downfall. Gillis is been a complete failure as a GM and needs to be replaced.

#34 -Vintage Canuck-

-Vintage Canuck-

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 75,297 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 07:48 PM

Nope, our start is pretty impressive compared to other years.

307mg00.jpg

#35 Peaches

Peaches

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,700 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 07:49 PM

Jesus tits people. We're 10-5-4. That's one of our best starts to a season that I can remember. God damn do people need to calm their ****.

It's the 4-5-1 outside the division that people dislike.

Feminism will be outlawed. Mostly because it's a backwards idiotic viewpoint that doesn't serve any real progressive purpose.

Nobody breaks from Mafia... Mafia breaks YOU!

CDCFL - Montreal Canadiens GM
CDCEHL - Winnipeg Jets AGM

#36 hockeyfan90

hockeyfan90

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,356 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 08:01 PM

Ever since going to the Stanley Cup finals 2 years ago, this team still hasnt recovered mentally i believe. We lost key pieces after that run such as Erhoff, Salo, Torres, etc... and many of our players have underperformed since (i.e. Kesler, Bieksa, Edler this year, Raymond last year, Sedins production decreasing but that's expected since they already peaked, and we got players like that are not performing that we expected to like Booth and Garrison). Luongo has been good since the run but still I'd say has some meltdowns which is entirely not his fault, i.e Detroit game.

But out of all that, I believe the reason we have been mediocre at best this year is because of management and coaching. AV has been horrible and his record is good because of the good team that we put together over the years. Av has been outcoached in the playoffs numerous times, gives our young guys very little ice time, his "protect the lead" strategy is too predictable now and he has done nothing to change that. I really think we need to let AV go. Mike Gillis hasn't done much either since our run. He still hasn't been able to get what this team truly needs (true 2nd line winger, a number 1 dmen)

Edited by hockeyfan90, 28 February 2013 - 08:03 PM.

#37 DIBdaQUIB

DIBdaQUIB

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,366 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 08:02 PM

Nope, our start is pretty impressive compared to other years.

Vintage...you've been aroudn a long time and usually post pretty measured responses. Are you actually happy with 10-9? Cna you honestly say you see a team on tehice that is a contender?

To me, I wouldn't care if they were 5 and 14 if they were playing well buyt getting bad breaks. The stats are very misleading and generous to how this team has played.

Neither goalie is happy and that is starting to show in things being leaked. We have young players that are being tossed around up and down the lineup being asked to be 1st line players one day and then 4th lline plugs the next. Be an enforcer but if you make a mistake, it's 4th line for you.

The musical chairs on the back end is comical. It's is no wonder the defence is a mess.

The team looks disorganised and uninterested for long periods of time and has been dominated for stretches in every game. The only difference between them being 10-9 and 0-18 is the level their goalies play at. i.e. getting a point in Chicago after giving up 30 scoring chances!! Stats say they got a ppoint. Anyone who watched that game knows they were dominated worse than any team I have watched this year.

#38 Erik Karlsson

Erik Karlsson

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,009 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 08:05 PM

Vintage...you've been aroudn a long time and usually post pretty measured responses. Are you actually happy with 10-9? Cna you honestly say you see a team on tehice that is a contender?

To me, I wouldn't care if they were 5 and 14 if they were playing well buyt getting bad breaks. The stats are very misleading and generous to how this team has played.

Neither goalie is happy and that is starting to show in things being leaked. We have young players that are being tossed around up and down the lineup being asked to be 1st line players one day and then 4th lline plugs the next. Be an enforcer but if you make a mistake, it's 4th line for you.

The musical chairs on the back end is comical. It's is no wonder the defence is a mess.

The team looks disorganised and uninterested for long periods of time and has been dominated for stretches in every game. The only difference between them being 10-9 and 0-18 is the level their goalies play at. i.e. getting a point in Chicago after giving up 30 scoring chances!! Stats say they got a ppoint. Anyone who watched that game knows they were dominated worse than any team I have watched this year.

agreed 100%

m97o1w.jpg

Credit to Parise11

#39 Rocket Robin

Rocket Robin

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 149 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 08:08 PM

Quick jump quick quick the sky is falling lmao can you hear the sound of people jumping off the band wagon ..

#40 DisplacedBCfan

DisplacedBCfan

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,527 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 08:26 PM

First round, then golfing.

Its time for a major trade to shake up the core. Gillis has given this core ample time and they're slipping. Trade a core player, and I'm not talking goalie one of our goalies. Time for these guys to be shown, you don't want to win here you'll be gone. No one rides for free. Trade time.

#41 ThaBestPlaceOnEarth

ThaBestPlaceOnEarth

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,088 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 08:38 PM

I know the sanity of our fans is, not even two dozen games and y'all are losing it already, have a little constancy will you? The only constant among us the past couple years has been to constantly be losing our ****.

Ceterum censeo Chicaginem delendam esse

#42 Apples

Apples

Rarity

• Members
  • 24,570 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 08:40 PM

AV and the canucks should split apart.

Posted Image

Posted ImagePosted Image

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#43 Canucksfan171995

Canucksfan171995

K-Wing Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 08:40 PM

Nas19 and others...

We are 6-0-1 in our week division but 4-5-3 outside our division... So I don't see how this is good in any way besides getting seeded high (home ice). We are not falling apart but lets be real here, we have a lot of work to do.

*Weak*

#44 Ugli Fruit

Ugli Fruit

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,872 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 08:51 PM

Team stopped winning when Luongo stopped playing like God.

A good record means nothing if most of the wins were not deserved.

We are honestly in some trouble at this point. Although I think with the absence of Kesler the Schroeder line will start producing again.

Formerly known as LordofBrussels

There we have it folks, we have literally blamed everyone for everything at this point

Posted Image
Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image
Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

#45 van_ws

van_ws

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 975 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 09:21 PM

This team has no hope of going anywhere in the playoffs with this coaching staff and lineup. If nothing significant is done, it is going to be another first or second round playoff exit.

To be frank, they simply aren't that good of a team anymore. Not dominant by any means, as this is masked by the fact that they play in a very weak division.

#46 snucks

snucks

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,713 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 09:25 PM

I'm a little concerned.

• Ryan Kesler will be out again for weeks with a foot injury.
  • Bieksa day-to-day with a groin injury.
  • Volpatti has been snapped up by the Washington Capitals day after being put on waivers.
  • Malhotra has been forced into early retirement.
  • After strong start, Kassian has been put on 4th line and given less ice time. Doesn't seem happy.
  • Schneider not too happy about having to share #1 spot and his performance is slipping.
  • Luongo's performance might be slipping as well.
Have I missed anything?

All this adds up to a Canucks team that appears to be falling apart at the seams at a time when it should be getting it's sh*t together. The Playoffs are not that far away. Is team management getting sloppy? If so, who's to blame, Gillis or Vigneault?

Or do you think I'm overracting and that this is nothing out of the ordinary? After all, Canucks are still in the League Top 10 despite some dismal games.

Yeah and they bring up Ebitt.

#47 snucks

snucks

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,713 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 09:40 PM

Despite Bieksa's sometimes cavalier attitude he is kind of Mr Canuck, Burrows is another one but when Kevin is down, the team looses something. Bieksa doesn't have the grit he had any more but he has some skill and is good for the team. I like it when Bieksa goes to the net or comes in late with a shot. He could be a forward, maybe better than Kessler.

The team should have been rebuilt or the start of a rebuild after the Boston Stanley Cup final. Now they are older and the energy less. The management here fills its building with corporate bought seats so they are not in a hurry to rebuild. The fans keep filling the building so there is no panic, but really this team with its current group is going no where.

MG and AV and his coaches need to go. They can't compete anymore with the Ducks, the Kings, the Sharks, the Blackhawk divers, Boston goons, etc. A lot of it is the coaching staff, and a phyically weak team, too small.

#48 canucks.bradley

canucks.bradley

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,470 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 09:43 PM

Jesus tits people. We're 10-5-4. That's one of our best starts to a season that I can remember. God damn do people need to calm their ****.

you do know that basically translates to 10 wins and 9 losses

we have won 52% of our games....yes that is very good

/s
Posted Image
3000th post - September, 2010

K guys I nd hlp fast. Im @ a girls I rly like & txtng from my iphone. I did a #2 in the bathroom and it plugged, water is almost overflowing toilet. Srsly I dunno wut 2 do somebody help!

Watch Bowness somehow mess up Tampa Bay's already amazing 2 powerplay units...he'll probably tell Stamkos to do drop passes from centre ice, take him out from the faceoff dot, and place him infront of the goalie :lol:

#49 madeincanada

madeincanada

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 630 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 10:16 PM

I'm not a fan of how AV is handling Kassian right now, 6 mins on the 4th line does nothing but hurt his confidence.

Gillis hasn't done anything good since our cup run.

We'll make the playoffs easily since were in the weakest division ever so I doubt there will be many changes, I expect to be out in the 2nd round, if we even make it that far.

*AHEM*

Posted Image

#50 37yrsncounting

37yrsncounting

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 254 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 10:27 PM

I tell you, its the weather in Vancouver, you lose a few games, its gloomy outside and we see everything as glass half empty

#51 RunningWild

RunningWild

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,764 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 10:40 PM

I wasn't concerned till I looked at the standings. In a few games, it will be the half way mark in the season. At this point, we can realistically evaluate the team.

Minnesota is 2 pts behind Vancouver right now. Edmonton, 4 pts. (All played 19 games). How the heck did this happen?

Calgary has scored the same amount of goals as Vancouver thus far.

Van has a +2 differential

Injuries are starting pile up.

I think we'd all be advised to be a little concerned.

#52 Pineapples

Pineapples

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 7,430 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 10:57 PM

Both AV and MG are to blame.

AV because he isn't motivating the team, hasn't made the D any better, and mismanages players.

MG because he isn't improving our team (nor will he), and he just got rid of a useful player for nothing.

Team might not be falling apart, but they will if nothing gets fixed.

Pineapple_jumps.gifPineapple_jumps.gif

#53 NuxFan09

NuxFan09

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,179 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 11:17 PM

POPULAR

Lol, judging by the tone of this post, you're the only one who actually needs to calm down. Everyone else is just posting their thoughts, whether they be negative or positive. You're the one who seems to be freaking out.

#54 the grinder

the grinder

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 231 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 11:22 PM

we are falling apart like blueberry farm bus

#55 bossram

bossram

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,943 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 11:26 PM

No, but the fans sure are.

This. 100%
What is the deal with Mike Gillis, it always seems like he's sweating...

#56 SNACanuck

SNACanuck

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,431 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 11:27 PM

simple answer is NO we are not falling apart. But we do got some issues(injuries, confidence, etc). Maybe beating the Kings this Sat will help with their confidence, LOL :)

'Merica!

#57 CanucksJay

CanucksJay

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,392 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 11:31 PM

10-5-4 is a fancy way of saying 10-9.

Barely over 500. HArdly one of the Canucks best starts ever.

Not to mention, 3 of our wins came in OT/SO so yeah if we count those 3 games as "wins", it would make sense to consider the 4 OT/SO losses as "losses"

#58 Kack Zassian

Kack Zassian

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,240 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 11:32 PM

AV is clearly mismanaging Kassian as verified by .. who was it on Sportsnet the other night during the intermission? The difference in Kassian's numbers are night and day when given fourth line minutes vs top six minutes.

(As much as I hate using +/-) he is a -6 in his last 7 games...

5 shots in those 7 games, hes averaged 11:30/game over that time (between 7 and 17 minutes).

No goals in 12 games, 2 points in his last 11 games.

His 5 goals in 7 games came off of a 36.9 shooting % (unsustainable).

I love Zack as much as the next guy...but even when getting 15-17 minutes a night he hadn't been productive in the middle portion of our games.

#59 VicNuckleHead09

VicNuckleHead09

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 361 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 11:35 PM

:frantic: :frantic: :frantic: :frantic: :frantic: :frantic: :frantic:

Seriously? Panic moar!
Posted Image
"Louuuuuuuuuu!" - Last game Attended: Vancouver vs. Penguins
Email me

#60 VicNuckleHead09

VicNuckleHead09

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 361 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 11:39 PM

you do know that basically translates to 10 wins and 9 losses

we have won 52% of our games....yes that is very good

/s

actually since you get one point for an overtime loss it is more like 12 wins - 5 losses. :bigblush:
Posted Image
"Louuuuuuuuuu!" - Last game Attended: Vancouver vs. Penguins
Email me

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.