Welcome to canucks.com Vancouver Canucks homepage

Photo

United Nations: Colo. & Wash. state legal pot violates international drug treaties

• Please log in to reply
56 replies to this topic

#31 Gustavo Fring

Gustavo Fring

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,515 posts

Posted 07 March 2013 - 09:55 AM

And you underestimate the impact that cannabis legalization would have, not only on revenue...but on the state of the economy as well. Legalizing would unlock the glorious properties of hemp. There are over 25,000 known uses for hemp.

The heating and compressing of hemp fibers can create building materials superior to wood in strength, quality and cost.
Hemp is heat, mildew, pest, light, and rot resistant.
Hemp fabric is softer, warmer, more water resistant and more durable than cotton. Hemp fabric also uses less chemicals to produce.
Industrial uses of hemp in China date as far back as 10,000 years

Hemp is cold hardy, able to withstand even bitter New Hampshire winters.
Hemp is pest resistant ( except from the 2-legged kind)
Hemp is drought resistant
It is estimated that if 6% of the continental U.S. planted with hemp would provide for all national energy needs.
Hemp has a production rate of up to 10 tons per acre, every 4 months.
1 acre of usable hemp fiber is equal to the usable fiber of 4 acres of trees or 2 acres of cotton.
Trees mature in 50-100 years; hemp matures in as little as 100 days.
The University of Missouri estimates that an average-size metropolitan area production of 100 million gallons of biodiesel fuel could generate $8.34million in personal income and 6000 temporary and permanent jobs. (Ref: National Biodiesel Board)
In 1776 a hemp shirt cost .50 cents to $1.00; a cotton shirt cost $100-$200
Biodiesel fuels emit 80% less carbon dioxide & nearly 100% less sulfur dioxide.
Hemp paper can be recycled up to seven times; wood pulp paper can be recycled four times.
Hemp fuels do not destroy the ozone layer or contribute to global warming.
Hemp fuels burn clean; they do not cause acid rain.
Hemp fuel is 10 times less toxic than salt, and as biodegradable as sugar.

Hemp oil is the highest source of essential omega 3 and 6 fatty acids which, among other things, help control cholesterol, arterial blockage and the immune system.
Commonly-known medicinal uses of hemp include: nausea & vomiting; multiple sclerosis/muscle spasm disorders; spinal cord injuries; Crohn’s disease; Alzheimer’s disease; Tourette’s syndrome; digestive disorders; glaucoma; asthma; neurodegenerative disorders;
At one time American companies Eli Lily, Squibb and Park Davis produced cannabis extract medicines.

I've done years of research on the benefits of this wonderful plant...and still remain dumbfounded as to why it is illegal. Anyone with a brain KNOWS why it's illegal...because William Randolph Hearst in the 30's ran smear campaigns against it..."yellow journalism"...because he was scared to death that hemp rope would bankrupt his recent investment in cotton. Cannabis is unjustly prohibited..and that's about all there is to it. As long as Big Pharma has their grubby paws down Washington's pants...the Sacred Smoke will always be vilified. So tired and weary of all these environmentalists talking about alternative sources of energy when there's a savior plant staring them right in the face but the majority of the US is too stuck up their own ass to realize its benefits. It makes me sick.

Amen to you my brotha!!

Only like minded individuals know that marijuana is the tree of life.

Its disgusting how William Randolph hearst' ignorance still lives on to this day. To me he is up there with Hitler as one of the most evil men in history (top 10). Not because of how many people he killed, but how he brainwashed an entire country..
Posted Image

#32 Scott Hartnell's Mane

Scott Hartnell's Mane

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,211 posts

Posted 07 March 2013 - 10:46 AM

Scott Hartnell's Mane likes weed.

After two years of being addicted to Klonopin...and dealing with horrible anxiety and symptoms stemming from my Post Traumatic Stress Disorder, cannabis has been the only effective treatment for me. I have also conquered my insomnia and I no longer have asthma. This miraculous herb has effectively saved my life...and I'll defend it until death. I have been given a second chance at making a difference in this world...and it is due to an increased focus and the lack of sleep issues..because of the THC and as most people know THC protects against brain damage...I have increased my rating playing Scrabble nearly 150 points in the last five months because of it...and I've been able to get out and fill out applications for work. I start my first job in over 4 years, after being beholden to pharmaceutical poisons and their presence in my system 24 hours a day/7 days a week...on the 3rd of April. It's a head shop..but mostly because that's the only place that didn't drug test...but whatever...at least it's income. When I was taking the pills...I didn't feel like doing jack **** and I gained about 40 pounds that I have now lost plus another 20. Cannabis motivates me to get out and walk...do some kind of exercise. It's saved my life, quite frankly.
Posted Image

Well I tell you what Heretic..if Tim Tebow becomes Terry Bradshaw I will shave off all my hair, convert to Christianity, go into the ministry and become a preacher.

#33 Aladeen

Aladeen

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,312 posts

Posted 07 March 2013 - 10:59 AM

And you underestimate the impact that cannabis legalization would have, not only on revenue...but on the state of the economy as well. Legalizing would unlock the glorious properties of hemp. There are over 25,000 known uses for hemp.

The heating and compressing of hemp fibers can create building materials superior to wood in strength, quality and cost.
Hemp fabric is softer, warmer, more water resistant and more durable than cotton. Hemp fabric also uses less chemicals to produce.

It is estimated that if 6% of the continental U.S. planted with hemp would provide for all national energy needs.
1 acre of usable hemp fiber is equal to the usable fiber of 4 acres of trees or 2 acres of cotton.
The University of Missouri estimates that an average-size metropolitan area production of 100 million gallons of biodiesel fuel could generate $8.34million in personal income and 6000 temporary and permanent jobs. (Ref: National Biodiesel Board)
Hemp paper can be recycled up to seven times; wood pulp paper can be recycled four times.

Hemp oil is the highest source of essential omega 3 and 6 fatty acids which, among other things, help control cholesterol, arterial blockage and the immune system.
Commonly-known medicinal uses of hemp include: nausea & vomiting; multiple sclerosis/muscle spasm disorders; spinal cord injuries; Crohn’s disease; Alzheimer’s disease; Tourette’s syndrome; digestive disorders; glaucoma; asthma; neurodegenerative disorders;
At one time American companies Eli Lily, Squibb and Park Davis produced cannabis extract medicines.

I've done years of research on the benefits of this wonderful plant...and still remain dumbfounded as to why it is illegal. Anyone with a brain KNOWS why it's illegal...because William Randolph Hearst in the 30's ran smear campaigns against it..."yellow journalism"...because he was scared to death that hemp rope would bankrupt his recent investment in cotton. Cannabis is unjustly prohibited..and that's about all there is to it. As long as Big Pharma has their grubby paws down Washington's pants...the Sacred Smoke will always be vilified. So tired and weary of all these environmentalists talking about alternative sources of energy when there's a savior plant staring them right in the face but the majority of the US is too stuck up their own ass to realize its benefits. It makes me sick.

whoa whoa whoa, that all sounds like Hippy jargon to me... this is why we can't legalize Marijuana, people will actually start thinking for themselves. Better to arrest and fill our jails with pot smokers that way we can use the excuse that our prisons are full when the public cries out to punish white collar criminals and dangerous offenders! Besides your list and many other reasons, what else does it do for us? nothing... now if you'll excuse me I am gonna go out and buy some Cigarettes, Chewing Tobacco, Whiskey and Red Bull, then stop at starbucks for a caffenine infused super sugary latte and feel good knowing that the government is keeping me healthy with their logical and sound policies.
Posted Image

#34 Scott Hartnell's Mane

Scott Hartnell's Mane

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,211 posts

Posted 07 March 2013 - 11:01 AM

whoa whoa whoa, that all sounds like Hippy jargon to me... this is why we can't legalize Marijuana, people will actually start thinking for themselves. Better to arrest and fill our jails with pot smokers that way we can use the excuse that our prisons are full when the public cries out to punish white collar criminals and dangerous offenders! Besides your list and many other reasons, what else does it do for us? nothing... now if you'll excuse me I am gonna go out and buy some Cigarettes, Chewing Tobacco, Whiskey and Red Bull, then stop at starbucks for a caffenine infused super sugary latte and feel good knowing that the government is keeping me healthy with their logical and sound policies.

Al Franken-level satire. :) great stuff.
Posted Image

Well I tell you what Heretic..if Tim Tebow becomes Terry Bradshaw I will shave off all my hair, convert to Christianity, go into the ministry and become a preacher.

#35 ronthecivil

ronthecivil

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,110 posts

Posted 07 March 2013 - 11:11 AM

Uh, said legalizing would have benefits. But nothing in the magnitude of halving the US debt.

Going over the fiscal cliff would have resulting in collecting 10-20% more taxes from everyone and laying off 2 million federal workers. And that would only have cut the deficit in half.

No plant is that magic. And if you believe it is perhaps you should be aware of it's other properties.

#36 Aladeen

Aladeen

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 7,312 posts

Posted 07 March 2013 - 11:16 AM

Uh, said legalizing would have benefits. But nothing in the magnitude of halving the US debt.

Going over the fiscal cliff would have resulting in collecting 10-20% more taxes from everyone and laying off 2 million federal workers. And that would only have cut the deficit in half.

No plant is that magic. And if you believe it is perhaps you should be aware of it's other properties.

Um if the government grew it on mass scale and started selling dime bags at every store in the US (and it became a government controlled export) + those other things it does, I think it could easily halve the US debt - the problem is not in the inability to collect funds though, it is in the allocation of those funds and that is the responsibility of the politicians, who obviously have a god awful track record of that.
Posted Image

#37 theminister

theminister

Head Troll

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,350 posts

Posted 07 March 2013 - 11:16 AM

The only magic in this world comes from nature.

It's only on us to recognize that magic.

Posted ImageNEW YORK ISLANDERS ROSTER - CDC GM LEAGUEPosted Image

2013 CDCGML CUP CHAMPIONS

#38 Scott Hartnell's Mane

Scott Hartnell's Mane

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,211 posts

Posted 07 March 2013 - 11:19 AM

Its "other properties"??? Do elaborate. This oughta be good for a laugh.
Posted Image

#39 Aladeen

Aladeen

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 7,312 posts

Posted 07 March 2013 - 02:17 PM

Its "other properties"??? Do elaborate. This oughta be good for a laugh.

I think he is reeffer-ing to the misconception that people who, habitually partake in the inhalation of smoke produced by the combustion of Marijuana, and its derivatives, end up with a lower-than-average intellegence.

Ignorance to the effects of Marijuana may lead one to believe that a person who uses it will hallucinate and therefore will become disconnected with what is reality. A belief that, something which grows in nature, could infact be a solution for many man-made problems, could seem very simplistic. To an unobjective observer a simple mind is perhaps a result of one these "other properties" especially if they were to grow up watching the anti-marijuana propaganda commercials that periodically appear on television.

This is by no means a new pattern of behaviour for the masses, as they are the same masses who have always fought "tooth and nail" against progress of any kind, including such things as (but not limited to), the steam engine, the concept of a dynamic and expanding universe, and even the equality of man (regardless of race, creed, religion, sexual orientation etc).

I believe it was Schopenhauer who said, "all truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident." It is interesting to note where the cultivation and utilization of hemp and marijuana is along those stages. I find it particularly interesting that we (North American Society) seem to exist in all three stages on the subject, depending on who you talk to.

So although there are those who abuse the properties of marijuana for recreational purposes, in no way should it detract, defer or deflect the mountain of beneficial uses that this plant has the POTential to bring to us. Although the combustion of any substance has been shown to be harmful to one's health, it is plainly evident that health is of really no bearing when something is to be determined legal or illegal.

If health were the primary concern of law makers, sugar would have to be the first substance investigated as to the validity of it being legal (let alone something promoted and marketed to children). Next up a closer look as to why tobacco is still sold at almost every corner store would be sure to garner some very intriguing questions. Seemingly innocent things such as dairy and wheat products would have to be scrutinized as to what sort of roles they play in an individual's health. And finally studies from human health authorities world wide would have to be given serious consideration such as the World Health Organizations stance that meat perservatives such as nitrates are, in their studies, shown to be a leading cause of many types of cancers.

In the end the self-evidence of hemp/marijuana's usefulness will happen, unfortunately it seems that those who are not willing to partake of it on the recreational side of the spectrum, seem to be the ones who lag behind in the stages towards the self-evidence of it's truth.

As a final point that may be interesting, although I believe in all the benefits you listed, I personally don't use marijuana recreationally or really in any capacity. Though the use of hemp in terms of being turned into biodiesel, I was not aware of and I find particularly valuable.

Edited by Aladeen, 07 March 2013 - 04:16 PM.

Posted Image

#40 Goal:thecup

Goal:thecup

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 581 posts

Posted 07 March 2013 - 02:41 PM

Some very nice support in the above comments.

I would amend, "there are those who abuse the properties of marijuana for recreational purposes".

I do not think those who use marijuana for recreational purposes are abusing it.

It is like "shame on you, you are enjoying yourself".

#41 Aladeen

Aladeen

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 7,312 posts

Posted 07 March 2013 - 02:53 PM

Some very nice support in the above comments.

I would amend, "there are those who abuse the properties of marijuana for recreational purposes".

I do not think those who use marijuana for recreational purposes are abusing it.

It is like "shame on you, you are enjoying yourself".

I guess I should have been a little clearer, perhaps habitually use rather than abuse would probably be more appropriate. Although I have known people who recreationally abuse prescription medication and while they maybe "enjoying" themselves by taking things such as pain killers etc. I feel that abuse would still be the proper term. The same could be said of people who too frequently enjoy food, or television, or computer, or anything else where someone tends to overdo it on, even, good things.

To me someone who smoked a joint now and then would not be abusing it, but rather someone who smoked like 10 a day would probably fall into that category.
Posted Image

#42 theminister

theminister

Head Troll

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,350 posts

Posted 07 March 2013 - 03:04 PM

A belief that, something which grows in nature, could infact be a solution for many man-made problems, could seem very simplistic.

Like...scurvy?

Posted ImageNEW YORK ISLANDERS ROSTER - CDC GM LEAGUEPosted Image

2013 CDCGML CUP CHAMPIONS

#43 J.R.

J.R.

Rainbow Butt Monkey

• Members
  • 15,411 posts

Posted 07 March 2013 - 03:31 PM

Who gives a flying @#$% what the UN says?
"Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you."
- Neil deGrasse Tyson

Posted ImagePosted Image

#44 Aladeen

Aladeen

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 7,312 posts

Posted 07 March 2013 - 04:13 PM

Like...scurvy?

Lol I suppose scurvy could be an example!
Posted Image

#45 Wetcoaster

Wetcoaster

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 40,454 posts

Posted 07 March 2013 - 04:15 PM

Who gives a flying @#$% what the UN says?

The countries who have signed on to the various international agreements in respect of drugs mandating domestic enforcement?
To err is human - but to really screw up you need a computer.

Always listen to experts. They'll tell you what can't be done and why. Then do it.

Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati

Illegitimi non carborundum.

Never try to teach a pig to sing - it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

#46 Scott Hartnell's Mane

Scott Hartnell's Mane

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,211 posts

Posted 07 March 2013 - 06:04 PM

I think he is reeffer-ing to the misconception that people who, habitually partake in the inhalation of smoke produced by the combustion of Marijuana, and its derivatives, end up with a lower-than-average intellegence.

Ignorance to the effects of Marijuana may lead one to believe that a person who uses it will hallucinate and therefore will become disconnected with what is reality. A belief that, something which grows in nature, could infact be a solution for many man-made problems, could seem very simplistic. To an unobjective observer a simple mind is perhaps a result of one these "other properties" especially if they were to grow up watching the anti-marijuana propaganda commercials that periodically appear on television.

This is by no means a new pattern of behaviour for the masses, as they are the same masses who have always fought "tooth and nail" against progress of any kind, including such things as (but not limited to), the steam engine, the concept of a dynamic and expanding universe, and even the equality of man (regardless of race, creed, religion, sexual orientation etc).

I believe it was Schopenhauer who said, "all truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident." It is interesting to note where the cultivation and utilization of hemp and marijuana is along those stages. I find it particularly interesting that we (North American Society) seem to exist in all three stages on the subject, depending on who you talk to.

So although there are those who abuse the properties of marijuana for recreational purposes, in no way should it detract, defer or deflect the mountain of beneficial uses that this plant has the POTential to bring to us. Although the combustion of any substance has been shown to be harmful to one's health, it is plainly evident that health is of really no bearing when something is to be determined legal or illegal.

If health were the primary concern of law makers, sugar would have to be the first substance investigated as to the validity of it being legal (let alone something promoted and marketed to children). Next up a closer look as to why tobacco is still sold at almost every corner store would be sure to garner some very intriguing questions. Seemingly innocent things such as dairy and wheat products would have to be scrutinized as to what sort of roles they play in an individual's health. And finally studies from human health authorities world wide would have to be given serious consideration such as the World Health Organizations stance that meat perservatives such as nitrates are, in their studies, shown to be a leading cause of many types of cancers.

In the end the self-evidence of hemp/marijuana's usefulness will happen, unfortunately it seems that those who are not willing to partake of it on the recreational side of the spectrum, seem to be the ones who lag behind in the stages towards the self-evidence of it's truth.

As a final point that may be interesting, although I believe in all the benefits you listed, I personally don't use marijuana recreationally or really in any capacity. Though the use of hemp in terms of being turned into biodiesel, I was not aware of and I find particularly valuable.

I want to thank you for the time you took to read my comment and for your own comments as well. Thank you for posting honestly.
Posted Image

#47 ronthecivil

ronthecivil

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • 18,110 posts

Posted 07 March 2013 - 06:32 PM

That or one may not be as good at math while under the effects. It's not like I wouldn't know...

#48 canucks since 77

canucks since 77

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,649 posts

Posted 07 March 2013 - 07:23 PM

That or one may not be as good at math while under the effects. It's not like I wouldn't know...

Actually, after a head injury that wiped out my mathamatical abilities, I found that after struggling to relearn math with much frustration, using marijuanna speeded up the relearning process almost 50%. Made it a hell of a lot more enjoyable also. I am now back to grade 12 math abilities.Put that in your pipe and smoke it. The agricultural benefits alone would go along way to bringing national debt levels down. Hopefully the sight of their country sliding down the fiscal toilet will help open some doors. Also, when they see the amounts of cash brought in by Washington and Colorado, who knows maybe it will pique the politions greed. But there's that nasty roadblock called the patriot act waiting in the wings.
Sigh, while I'm wishing I'd like a pony.
Politeness is the first step to respect!

#49 Scott Hartnell's Mane

Scott Hartnell's Mane

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,211 posts

Posted 08 March 2013 - 05:10 AM

Actually, after a head injury that wiped out my mathamatical abilities, I found that after struggling to relearn math with much frustration, using marijuanna speeded up the relearning process almost 50%. Made it a hell of a lot more enjoyable also. I am now back to grade 12 math abilities.Put that in your pipe and smoke it. The agricultural benefits alone would go along way to bringing national debt levels down. Hopefully the sight of their country sliding down the fiscal toilet will help open some doors. Also, when they see the amounts of cash brought in by Washington and Colorado, who knows maybe it will pique the politions greed. But there's that nasty roadblock called the patriot act waiting in the wings.
Sigh, while I'm wishing I'd like a pony.

Here's the kicker. I graduated high school my senior year with a 3.5...toking a great deal of the time. I have never been good in math...ever. Algebra was a foreign concept to me...as far as I was concerned letters and numbers should stay as far away from each other as possible...except in Scrabble or a crossword puzzle...but I do have to say...after the Klonopin and Seroquel and Risperidone was flushed from my system completely...I began to be able to do the basic math operations in my head to an extent....sometimes as fast as a calculator. I don't know if maybe the THC just wipes out all other "multitask" situations...but I've been doing algebra and pre-calculus lectures through the mail and online...and I've been doing pretty well in them. I think people all over the planet who still have that Draconic mindset when it comes to cannabis...via crapola like Reefer Madness...are gumming up the works...they're the great big glob of sticky resin that us responsible tokers have to "soften" and attempt to sway with facts and research...I do have a feeling of perspicacity since I stopped taking the pills in lieu of a regular toking regimen. I can kind of see people as what they really are...and a lot of times the vibes I get from someone out walking around in the supermarket are those that I really don't want anywhere near. As I have mellowed...it seems that everyone else has grown even more uptight and douchey...and they all just need to smoke a bowl and relax.
Posted Image

#50 Mr.DirtyDangles

Mr.DirtyDangles

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,008 posts

Posted 08 March 2013 - 05:37 AM

The UN has no power over state laws like this.

The US is obviously trying to find some way to reverse legalization before it is proven to be a good thing, and starts spreading to other states.

This is so true. It is evident all over the news and media by the continual villianization of the plant on a global scale. I say no legalize just decriminalize because the government will not be happy otherwise .

Edited by Mr.DirtyDangles, 08 March 2013 - 05:40 AM.

Sig too big. 

On weekends, to let off steam, I participate in full-contact origami :ph34r:

#51 Scott Hartnell's Mane

Scott Hartnell's Mane

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,211 posts

Posted 08 March 2013 - 05:53 AM

This is so true. It is evident all over the news and media by the continual villianization of the plant on a global scale. I say no legalize just decriminalize because the government will not be happy otherwise .

The government will never be happy. I'm fighting for legalization because it's the right thing to do. People fought the government in the 20's over alcohol prohibition because they felt it was the right thing to do. All it would take for legalization...is for some high level US politician to get busted ripping a bong...it'll make national headlines...there would be pics...and then as soon as there was an opportunity for Congress to sit down and discuss it rationally...it'd be legalized within 24-72 hours after the hypothetical bust. Guaranteed. Or...failing that...what it would take is one of the right wing pundit windbags like Hannity or Limbaugh getting busted with pot...then they'd be on the waves encouraging their audience that marijuana is harmless...which it is. Ironically would be the only honest thing either of them would ever utter.
Posted Image

#52 Scott Hartnell's Mane

Scott Hartnell's Mane

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,211 posts

Posted 08 March 2013 - 06:01 AM

I guess I should have been a little clearer, perhaps habitually use rather than abuse would probably be more appropriate. Although I have known people who recreationally abuse prescription medication and while they maybe "enjoying" themselves by taking things such as pain killers etc. I feel that abuse would still be the proper term. The same could be said of people who too frequently enjoy food, or television, or computer, or anything else where someone tends to overdo it on, even, good things.

To me someone who smoked a joint now and then would not be abusing it, but rather someone who smoked like 10 a day would probably fall into that category.

I could never smoke ten joints a day man...of course, i roll big joints...
Posted Image

#53 RUPERTKBD

RUPERTKBD

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • 18,308 posts

Posted 08 March 2013 - 08:50 AM

I could never smoke ten joints a day man...of course, i roll big joints...

C'mon Scott, you can do it! You're just not trying hard enough.

If only we had a coach other than AV....he could motivate you.. B)
Orland Kurtenbach and Dennis Kearns had just been torched 8-1 by the Habs, but they still took time to come out to meet us, some fellow BC boys who were playing hockey in Montreal. THAT"S what being a Canuck is!

#54 Scott Hartnell's Mane

Scott Hartnell's Mane

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,211 posts

Posted 08 March 2013 - 08:53 AM

C'mon Scott, you can do it! You're just not trying hard enough.

If only we had a coach other than AV....he could motivate you.. B)

Lol. I'm beginning to think AV is a toker. haha...he just seems WAY too relaxed and nonchalant...like all the time...
Posted Image

#55 Aladeen

Aladeen

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 7,312 posts

Posted 08 March 2013 - 09:34 AM

Lol. I'm beginning to think AV is a toker. haha...he just seems WAY too relaxed and nonchalant...like all the time...

the gum hides the smell ;)
Posted Image

#56 Scott Hartnell's Mane

Scott Hartnell's Mane

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,211 posts

Posted 08 March 2013 - 09:38 AM

the gum hides the smell ;)

Thought occurred that maybe the gum isn't gum at all but chewable THC in these chocolate and peppermint candies that are now being sold in Washington and Colorado. Cheeba Chews. ;)
Posted Image

#57 Aladeen

Aladeen

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 7,312 posts

Posted 08 March 2013 - 10:38 AM

Thought occurred that maybe the gum isn't gum at all but chewable THC in these chocolate and peppermint candies that are now being sold in Washington and Colorado. Cheeba Chews. ;)

That is brilliant!!! completely bypasses the health dangers posed by inhaling smoke!! If they can sell candies at the store... there should be no reason not to sell these to adults who want them.
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.