The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Has Edler Given Up?

Bagofcats

163 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Edler has worked his A off to get to this level. A man like that doesn't just give up.

He deserves and has earned some patience from the coaching staff.

He sacrificed his back for god sake.

That could still be an issue, who knows.

You are all the same people that bashed Raymond too I bet.

Put him on the third pairing, limit his minutes, but keep him on the PP. He's playing too much I think. And for godsakes, get whatever he's smoking into the Team Store.

ps thanks for digging up that article CanucksLegacy, good relevant info.

Hes having a bad season, maybe his back isnt the same as it used to be...he did have surgery on it recently...the only people who really know whats going on is him and the team...we shan't speculate.

Edler has never been a reliable go-to guy. He's always needed the support of teammates to elevate his game. He needs that puck mover (Ehrhoff) or that veteran guy (Ohlund/Salo) to fall back on. When the weight falls on him, he can't handle it. He's good as #4 defenseman, but falls apart when given too much responsibility.

No he hasn't given up, but I DO feel he needs to have his a** sat for a few games as either a wake up call, or to heal up a bit if there is a nagging injury.

I would rather sit him for the above mentioned, as well give the other guys a chance to play. Once they get into stride it is a better evaluation of what we do have for depth, and may also make the forwards step it up a bit.

Archived